This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2698

Phatmatt

N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   1:01 AM     

I don't know if there is even anyone on this forum who even works on cars, or actually races anymore. I've been away for a while now and since I've checked out the forums last I recognize nearly nobody.

IF there is anyone who still works on their cars, or even has an opinion on auto-tuning (with some kind of knowledge), I've got some questions.

I'm looking at NXs new N-tercooler (the steel ring that fits onto your intercooler and sprays CO2 directly onto your intercooler via a modified N02 system). Has anyone used this, or even heard anything about it? What are your opinions? It seems like a good idea, but is the gain in power REALLY as good as people (and NX) claim? If so I may just get one. Seems safter than N02 all the time.... I'm even wondering if N02 would make the N-tercooler less effective when used at the same time? Just some things I've been pondering.

any info would be great.

talljosh85
Re: N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   1:10 PM     

By spraying your intercooler with NO2 or water or any other cold liquid the intercooler is made more effecient at cooling the charge-air. On the dyno graphs I've seen, spraying your intercooler does give a boost in horsepower, though its not a 100hp increase. I believe sport compact car and probably Turbo have done reviews with dynos, I've also seen them done by RX-7 owners. Some companies include IC water sprayers on their cars from the factory (in the US the lancer Evo is the one that I know of, although there might be others). Good luck with your decision. Josh

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Sat Apr 10, 04   8:32 PM     

Im not sure about the Evo having they sprayers, but i know the STi does.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
Cutlass

Re: N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Wed Apr 14, 04   2:49 PM     

this has a simple answer... the N tercooler basically freezes your intercooler and drops your intake charge alot. it'll give you a boost in HP but i'm not sure how much exactly. i have never seen one used but it does sound like a good idea when you think about it.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.
Phatmatt

Re: N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Wed Apr 21, 04   11:37 AM     

Agreed. From the start I was like "good idea." But I was wondering how effective this really is. For only 300 bucks though it seems like a good idea. I'll be happy if I can get gains of 25+. Just wondering if anyone had any experance or opinions on it. I'll probably get it at the start of next month and let you guys know how it goes.

It may not be going on the DSM though. It may find it's way on a new SRT-4. DUN DUN DUN!

LethalToy

Re: N-tercooler or N-terfooler?   Posted Fri Apr 23, 04   12:51 AM     

I've been experimenting with propane injection

Couple times went boom

Can't get the mixture ratio quite right. Still playing though.
P.S. - the fire extinguishers are very close by. Most of the explosions go straight up. I have shrapnel in my shop roof.

Lethal aka Mad Doktor.

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
[External Image Removed]

Edited by LethalToy (Fri Apr 23, 04   12:52 AM)