This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 14537

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Metal396
out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Tue Feb 17, 04   10:21 PM     

Ben may not be the only one who can say this... mustang might gotta go soon.... its time for a nice newer car for myself to enjoy and drive every day. ive gotten more practical than thinkin of a miata or mr2 hahaha... and you dont see too many of these around anymore either.

[External Image Removed]

S14 Silvia... errrr.... 95 to 98 Nissan 240sx [External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]

heehe.. tell me what ya think.

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

MrPeabody

Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Tue Feb 17, 04   10:42 PM     

Aint no VTEC yo'z!!!

You already know my opinion. I'd go with a 240SX if I didn't like Hondas so much

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
Phatmatt

Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Tue Feb 17, 04   11:35 PM     

Fan Friggin tastic. Go get that Nessiazan, G. NISMO BEEYATCH.

Metal396
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Thu Feb 19, 04   10:58 PM     

http://forums.vintage-mustang.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=cars1971&Number=917225&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

Info and stuff for the sale.

$12,000 or best offer im askin. theres so many friggin extras that come with this car its amazing lol.

Hope somebody will like it and buy it hehe.

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

uglystick
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 20, 04   12:42 PM     

did ben tell ya we are thinking of swapping a sr20det/rwd5sp into a '63 volvo that looks like this:

[External Image Removed]

kindof like a budget '55 chrysler 300-C with half the hemi and forced induction ;-)

jason

'75 BMW 3.0 CS (Resto Project)
'78 IH Scout II (Holley Pro-jection/MSD)
'85 Jaguar XJ-S (Chevy 383/700r4)
'87 BMW 535is/A (Q-Brick)
uglystick
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 20, 04   12:45 PM     

oh, and your stang is probably worth more around $5500 tops, bro....hate to be the one to break it to you.

i sold my '96 ram w/ 4" drop; 18's; 2 grand worth of stereo equipment, auburn posi, etc. for $6250.

then again, i met a guy who bought a v12 jaguar xj-s convertible the other day with SERIOUS (like 30% chance of recovery) body damage. he spent $3000, so you never know. i got my jag in similar condition to his without the body damage for $1200. and yes, his ran like ass.

jason

Metal396
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 20, 04   2:10 PM     

haha im just starting high to see what happens.. u never know if someone will spend that much or not untill you try... ill kep going lower.. as for 5500 tops.... that would be car alone, ive got sooooo much extra shit with it that people are sellin for hundreds of dollars a peice all around the place

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

SuperKid
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 20, 04   5:02 PM     

A 240sx is a great choice. It's not too heavy (It's like 2850lbs. I believe), it's great great power making potential, and there's a fairly large aftermarket backing. Checkout www.jspec.com and http://www.store.yahoo.com/phase2motorsports/ for parts and info for the 240sx/ka24de/sr20det

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
Phatmatt

Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 20, 04   6:19 PM     

speaking of new cars I may be selling the van to a friend in ohio and the talon to that one kid who had planned on building up an eclipse with his friend in Jackson (But knows nothing about cars). But I'm considering buying a later model 2nd gen Eclipse to replace it (not sure if I'm going with the GS-T or GSX. I LOVE the AWD DSMs BUT GS-T is a touch more affordable, lighter, and nicer on the gas...which keeps on getting more and more expensive)

Basically I'm selling one DSM to build up another. I've learned a little, and hope to do even better with this one (although I REALLY didn't have much time to get to know my talon THAT well).

The bottom line is I want to cut back on work a little so I can have more time for school. This means I'll have be careful with my money. Sell the van sell the talon, get a GS-T and build that up a little bit at a time. I'll still have the bike and I'll be able to borrow my moms van if/when I need to haul something.

I gotta take my meds and replace my gause though I just had my wizdom teeth pulled.

MrPeabody

Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Sat Feb 21, 04   10:35 PM     

If you look at other stangs from that era they seem to be going for the same price.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
uglystick
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Mon Feb 23, 04   2:34 PM     

as for your extra parts, you need to sell them on ebay, as lumping them in with the car is going to make their value close to nil. good listing with high visibility on ebay (ie you choose your words wisely) will yield big money for parts. i sold a crowfoot socket for $58 once on ebay....bought it for $16. i've also sold ugly kludged & greasy pieces of shit with a disclaimer 'no clue if it works or not, just need to get rid of it' for anything from $20 to $120. everything from v12 power steering pumps to crap i grabbed in a junk yard that looked rare.

if you haven't already got an ebay account, go do it! worth the effort, hands down.

jason

Metal396
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Mon Feb 23, 04   2:41 PM     

ya i can probably sell all the extra parts that i have that dont actually go with the car, on ebay then... but dont u have to be 18 and have a credit card or something? that means im gunna have to wait a while first...

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

Gorgoth3k1

Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Tue Feb 24, 04   6:09 PM     

I dont think you have to be 18, you just need to be 18 to be able to accept paypal... a credit card might be required (i dont remember if i had to use mine to sign up for the seller's acc't or not), but you can always get one of those from a parent or somethin... they dont charge anything to the account, just kind of a verification thing... and if you cant take paypal, you can always take money orders and such, altho a paypal acc't is recommended and not hard to get, you just need a bank acc't or checking acc't... one or both...

as for sellin the mustang... i sold my 1965 mustang GT with a bad fuel pump for somethin like $3k, altho it was appraised MUCH higher (fuel pump was only thing wrong, everything else including body and interior and had factory air was in good shape), but then again i also had it sold in under a week... it all just depends on how quickly you want to sell it... but i dont know about over where you are, but classic mustangs are pulling a PREMIUM over here, especially V8 'stangs... everybody in Texas has a mustang... LOL...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Bottles are for babies, real men get BLOWN!"

BLOWN 3800 V6 Fiero of Death
BlackCruiser
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Thu Feb 26, 04   9:26 PM     

I think it would be stupid to sell your Mustang, but I have kind of a biased opinion, seeing as how I am a Ford person to begin with. But why get an import? Get a 87-93 Mustang 5.0 like mine, you can find them cheap, I got mine for $1800, and it gets 27 mpg on the freeway and around 17 in town. It has over 180,000 on the original engine, clutch, and transmission, and still going strong. This has been the most reliable car I have ever owned, period. By the way mine's a 5 spd, so you can rip around town and have a little fun on the weekends too. Again, maybe a biased opinion, but if I were in your shoes and I had to get something more economical, I wouldnt try to make it fast, that leads to unreliability. I havent touched my car at all since I got it save for putting in a stereo, window tint, etc... and it runs great and is just as dependable as any Nissan. Just my 2 cents.

"You don't like it?"
"Naw, I don't like it."
Metal396
Re: out with the old, in with the new?   Posted Fri Feb 27, 04   2:30 PM     

well the main thing is handling... i want a lighter weight car, which i can make the suspention rigid and handle it like a dream... im done wiht domestics for now... i have more of an intrest in imports at this point.... straight line bores me now. its time to move on... some point in my life ill get a 5.0 fox body, i love em.. but that time DEFFINATELY isnt now.

id honestly rather restore a Datsun 510 than a 65 mustang at this point.... i love all cars, so im not going to stay with one.... i want to do everything lol.

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
FOR SALE
[External Image Removed]

Pages in this thread: (1) 2