This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2514

BlownGTP

Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Mon Feb 16, 04   9:21 AM     

take a look at this, this guy mated the L67 to a getrag. http://forums.domestictunerz.com/index.php?showtopic=10799&st=0

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Phatmatt

Re: Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Mon Feb 16, 04   12:43 PM     

bad ass. That thing ought to move out. Probably one of the coolest cavys I've ever seen.

BlownGTP

Re: Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Mon Feb 16, 04   1:15 PM     

i think 150 of n20 will launch that motor though.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Mon Feb 16, 04   8:21 PM     

sweet... ya.. i've discovered that the flywheel from a 4th gen V6 5speed F-Body ground down a lot thinner at the machine shop is what i'll need to use to mate that L67 to my Getrag... Right now I have 2 getrag tranny's, one from an 89cavalier Z24 and one from a 93 Cavalier Z24... still workin on findin out which is better/stronger and i need to look up the gear ratios... i want a tall 1st.... only difference between the two is the 93 has an internal clutch disengage arm (i.e. the slave cylinder enters the bell housing to hit the arm that disengages the clutch)...

Oh... and just this morning i got the throttle body from an LS1 .... altho... lookin at it when you open the throttle there is a huge air foil lookin thing... looks like all it would do is decrease the flow of air through the throttle body at full throttle.... looks like its tack welded on or somethin.... i'm thinkin i'm either going to attack it with an air hammer or grinder (i'll pull the whole plate first, of course)... is this there for any performance reason??

Do you know of anywhere that says how to use this throttlebody, like the wiring and such... It already looks like i'm gonna need to build an adapter plate to attach it to the blower... Can i re-use the MAF from the throttlebody that comes one the stock TB, or do i need to find one from an LS1? The throttle body came with the IAC and the TPS, but thats it... Looks like i'm gonna need to find the plugs that will connect to the sensors on the TB then figure out the wiring or somethin... Is it possible to pull the MAF out of the housing on the L67 TB and mount in on a snout or somethin with the LS1 TB?

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Bottles are for babies, real men get BLOWN!"

BLOWN 3800 V6 Fiero of Death
BlownGTP

Re: Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Tue Feb 17, 04   7:37 AM     

You will want to use the MAF off of a LS1. Don't even bother with the L67 MAF. About the flap inside of the LS1 TB, I don't know what it is but that would be more reason to leave it there. I would just leave it alone and see how it is before you go tearing into that. You might be able to get a wiring harness from intense to make everything plug in real nicely. I would give them a shout.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Attn: Gorgoth   Posted Wed Feb 18, 04   3:43 PM     

Hrrmmmm... seems everyone with the Z28 LS1 camaros grinds off that air-foil thing... i'll try it out with it and then see if i want to grind it off or not...

Well... last night i got hit with a speeding ticket and owe a lot of $$ to the state now ... was on an old country road goin a lot faster than i should have been (fast enough that i'm lucky i didnt get taken to jail )... anywho.. i'm gonna need to find out how much i can get for that massive turbo (so far bidding is into $1500 region) and i'm also sellin off all the random car parts i have... then i'll see what all i can do with this motor and how long it'll take me to raise the funds...

I'll talk to intense and see if i can't get just their wiring harness and i'll start lookin on ebay for a MAF...

anywho... i was talkin to an engineer/test pilot from lockheed martin today, and considering my recent expereinces, i was inspired... i now know how to wire up some LED emitters to create a laser-blocker, and doin a little fiberglass work and i'm currently lookin for the right kind of paint ... I figure if i get some 4th Gen NVGs and put in some IR Headlights i should literally be invisible at night... lol... i've seen something similar to this done with a camaro.. his camaro was impervious to the radar-gun, but he got hit with a fine for using "radar jamming equipment" lol... i need to look into the texas state laws before i do this tho... lol...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
"Bottles are for babies, real men get BLOWN!"

BLOWN 3800 V6 Fiero of Death