This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4016

Dave97RS
New To The Scene   Posted Sun Feb 8, 04   11:35 AM     

Whats up guys, I moved here to DHS about 7-8 months ago and I dont know anyone in the race scene around here. I got this web site from a friend. The only races I usually go to are the ones in Ontario, and Itd be nice to get into the scene aroung here.

I Drive a 97 Eclipse RS with minimal mods, but new job = mad mods I work at the Taquitz Creek Golf Resort in Palm Springs. I have no idea where people meet/race around here, not do I know anyone so i thought id post a lil about myself and hope you guys would include me in the action.

Oh and I would also like to know what Shops you guys might refer me to for basic work for my Mitsu. thx 4 the help

Dave-

NickQ
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Sun Feb 8, 04   9:33 PM     

most people who post here, arent from there. haha

but good luck

[External Image Removed]
Dave97RS
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Sun Feb 8, 04   9:56 PM     

lol I hadnt noticed that, well i still hope some locals will maybe show me around lol. If not i suppose ill just keep driving to Ontario.

Metal396
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Sun Feb 8, 04   10:43 PM     

Ontario is the only place i know of street racing is at... although i do see people (and catch myself) in the occasional one on one races with somebody when the roads are empty.

id rather go to cali speedway drags than ontario street races tho.

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

tunermonkey
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Sun Feb 8, 04   11:42 PM     

There's always the little street races that happen locally on Saturday nights. People usually meet up at Rite-Aid in downtown Palm Springs.. me and the wife head up there every so often (Just to hang out, don't street race anymore), but lately things have sucked pretty bad. And like Metal said, there's always California Speedway every other weekend, until Drag-City in Banning opens.

BTW - we're up in DHS too... drive a purple neon with white stripes (and two other Neons, but neither are street drivable). Car has a pretty evil reputation, for the little bit that's done to it.

As far as shops go, I know there's a place called Vision Motorsprts, sort of by Lowes, in the business park across Gene Autry from Lowes. (Can't remember the street name) I personally haven't bought anything from there, but I know a few people who frequent them.

if you're looking for a starter dry nitrous kit, I have one sitting in my closet that I've been trying to sell for the longest freaking time. Details on it are in the classified section of the Forums.

If you see the neon cruising around, give a honk or something. We're always looking to meet up with other people around here (Moved here from Chicago a little over a year ago)

Dave97RS
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Mon Feb 9, 04   2:18 PM     

Yeh i know Cali speedway is a safer way to go, but theres added thrill in Ontario, when the banning strip opens ill be there instead.

Oh and I drive a "Maroon" color stock looking 2gnt I havent seen any of this color in town besides mine. Ill keep an eye out for the purple neon w/ the white stripes, I live on Inaja between Hacienda and Two Bunch Palms. Ive been debating a NOS kit so maybe after i get my rims and tires (rims this weekend tires 2-3 weeks) ill take a couple weeks to put some money aside for it... that is if you want 2 help me install it .

Send me an email sometime to SanJacinto04@yahoo.com thats the easiest way 4 me 2 communicate.

Dave-

MrPeabody

Re: New To The Scene   Posted Mon Feb 9, 04   4:45 PM     

Buy a turbo model. If not, be happy with 13's.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
Phatmatt

Re: New To The Scene   Posted Mon Feb 9, 04   8:57 PM     

Turbo DSMs for life! what what?!

Dave97RS
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Mon Feb 9, 04   11:05 PM     

lol, i plan on buying a 91 talon tsi awd for the non street legal stuff, but 1st i want to make mine a bad ass daily driver, + i cant afford insurance on 2 ars right now lol. but 4 now the 2gnt is a good hobby.

quik67firebird
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Tue Feb 10, 04   9:09 AM     

Welcome to the Valley Dave, Mopar Drag City should be opening up sometime this year and should be a great place for us locals to go. Good luck on building the Mitsu.

Phatmatt

Re: New To The Scene   Posted Tue Feb 10, 04   12:22 PM     

why not just get a 1st gen turbo engine and put that in there? You're going to have to work at it to put that little non-turbo in even the 14 second range. However if you just want to make it a little faster, or turn it into a show-car you'll be ok with what you have now.

Dave97RS
Re: New To The Scene   Posted Tue Feb 10, 04   1:15 PM     

yeh I want the 1st gen tsi, but ill be keepin this 2g rs around for a long long time, O and did you know that the fastest eclipse right now is owned by Bill Hahn and it is a 2g 420A Fwd.

Well i see there isnt much racing going on around here, so ill just wait for race city to open up, but its nice to know some other car fanatics in the area.