This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 505

Phatmatt

BOVs   Posted Wed Feb 4, 04   9:46 PM     

oh MY GOD. I just tried to post this long ass post and it didn't freaking work. THEN when I went back it had deleted the whole damn thing. ...ok I'm just going to make this short and sweet.

I was talking to a guy who had an expensive HKS BOV on his 93 Talon and wondered why he used it. I use a crushed 1st gen BOV and run higher boost than he does and it works A-OK for me. His BOV blows the air into the atmosphere and mine is routed back into the turbo intake.

Everyone I talk to says that venting into the atmosphere makes it SUPER hard to do any kind of polite driving, and offers little or no added preformance. So unless you've got a turbo pushing 30 pounds of boost, that you only drive on the track, why would you even cosider venting into the atmosphere? It just seems like a hassle. (I mean i DID have to replace the upper IC pipe, but that wasn't a like a big deal).

What does everyone think? ARE there benifits? How big a pain in the ass does that temporarily rich fuel mixture make your car to drive? I think Uglystick can help me out with this one.

This USED to be a well thought out and in detail post, but it screwed it up and didn't let me post. Then one of my buddies dropped by and we smoked a bowl together. ...now it's probably retarded and I'll bet I didn't even ask the right question....