This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1128

Metal396
running down a 2 lane road in winter   Posted Mon Dec 29, 03   11:59 PM     

well i must say, racing a twin turbo 94 Rx-7 is fuckin fun! ESPECIALLY hwen i can keep up with it!

and to make it all much more interesting and funny as hell, it was TallJosh85 who i was racing haha. last night i wached him run with an mr2 , i was trailing behind in my civic with the camera, tonight i ran it with the mustang. suprising me of how quick my mustang really is , and having it backfire at the top of 2nd gear scaring the hell outa me lol.

its pretty even all the way up, i pull on him, he pulls on me , back and forth all the way up to about 95 or 100, where he flys right past me. old muscle cars dont like going faster than 100 , outa cam and outa gears.

and hearing those turbos spool right beside me oooh that was aweosme, mean while the cleveland roars to 5500 rpm in the lane next to them. yes its beautiful, no words can describe it, should have sent a poet .

Those were actually my first street races in the mustang.. and to be able to run with a 3rd gen Rx-7 with soem bolt ons, is one thing im very proud of . although i did blow one (that i noticed so far) exhaust bolt off in the process , and stalled once on the way back .

all i gotta say to sum it up, is im not selling my mustang EVER, no way im giving up my high 13 second - low 14 second car .

Just needed to rant some tonight.
Goodnight everybody.

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

jonorme
Re: running down a 2 lane road in winter   Posted Wed Dec 31, 03   2:09 PM     

Sounds like you had fun

- Jon
MrPeabody

Re: running down a 2 lane road in winter   Posted Tue Jan 6, 04   8:24 PM     

Damn dude, sounds awesome!