This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4916

Metal396
played Initial D arcade   Posted Tue Dec 23, 03   11:56 AM     

That game is fuckin fun ahhahaa, i was playing it at gameworks for over an hour... nobody else there liked that game cause they didnt like the shifter on the left, and they didnt know the story behind it (whihc makes it even more fun!). unfortunately i played the first 45 minutes on the side that didnt have any more initial d cards, so i got far for nothing.... then i played the last 15 minutes and started over WITH a card... i have my FD3S on like stage 3 or something now... i cant remember, but i havent lossed a race haha.

that game is so fun, although it took me a while to figure out how to get a drift started... ya have to be way up in the redline to drift right? thats what it seemed like to me...

shit what was kinda sad was there were a few people just kinda watching me play it and beating every character that challenged me on the game lol. that game is so damn fun!!!

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg

Phatmatt

Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   12:48 AM     

ok I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds pretty fun.

I saw some initial D racing crap on this ZIP ZAP upgrade thing I got for xmas. ok ZIP ZAPS ARE COOL AS HELL. They are theise mico-RC cars that you can customize like nuts. right now I have a 27mgHz 1970 Callanger with custom rims, tires, the best engine and gears (although the cheaper gears give you WAY better low end accleration and you can actually do burnouts and drift with them, but can't with the racing gears). I want to upgrade to the 49mgHz ones because they rule too, but only slighly. my friend Eric isn't even into cars but has the prototype Mustang with the 3rd best engine and slightly upgraded gears. HIS also has working tail-lights and headlights.... but mine would still smoke his ass. I've got a few spare bodys too: 2002 Firebird, 69 Yenko Camaro, and a Toyota Sprinter Tureno (the tureno has working lights and is meant for the 49mgHz ones, but fits on the 29s too. It was part of the Initial D upgrade package.)

ANYWAY these things are at RadioShack and are pretty freaking cool. I think that they have a website like http://www.zipzaps.com or something.

ZIPZAPS RULE!!!!!!!! ....and no I don't sell them for a living now.... and yes I know I'm technically an adult and they are a toy but.... well they rule.

jonorme
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   1:56 AM     

In reply to:

ok I have no idea what you are talking about but it sounds pretty fun.

Me neither, i think its some kinda arcade video game.

And about that Zip Zaps thing they had a game on Shockwave.com and the cars where the ones from 2fast 2furious but where lil RC versions.

- Jon
Metal396
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   4:19 PM     

Well, INITIAL D is a Japanese Anime about street racing (*note* their street racing isnt boring straight lines, its drifting mountain roads and shit like that).

Its an AWESOME cartoon! the best ive seen!!! its a mixture of anime and computer animated sequences... at times it seems kinda dorky because the way the dialogue works, but it really teaches you alot! the bystanders will be explaining to others (the viewers included) how the drivers are racing and what they do, and what different terms mean... ive actually learend quite a bit bout this stuff from watching the show.... ITS ADDICTING TOO!!

im gunna buy the DVD set, BEN is getting it for chrismas that bastard!!!!

hehe well if u want more info , check out http://www.geocities.com/go2initiald/main.html
Lotsa pics and info, etc...

And i WANT THOSE ZIP ZAPS!!! they look sooo cool!!!!!!!!!!! are they cheap to fix up and what not!? hehehe that would be such a cool hobby...

Oh and since u know alittle more about Initial D, the Arcade game is basically an arcade, where u challenge/get challenged by the characters of the game, race them, get points and fix up ur car. this is all stored on a little memory card it gives you, so u can proceed later, its SO addicting!!! although the physics and gearing etc isnt all that realistic, it has nice graphics and the courses are INSANE! so much fun.... oh ya and drifting makes u accelerate :-p, kinda funny how taht works.

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

Metal396
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   4:29 PM     

oh by the way, i spent today at the arcade playing it again :-D!

there was some 15 year old kid that kept challenging me to race ( ya sounds dorky but hey, this is fun stuff! ). well he has a like stage 6 or 8 (u fix ur car up in stages) Skyline GT-R34, and i have my stage 2 FD3S RX-7.... well 3 races in a row, he challenged me, he chose track and conditions, he took me off the line, AND I DRIFTED RIGHT PASSED HIS ASS!!! hahahaha so fuckin fun.. he was geting pissed!! he kept spending more and more money trying to beat me but i kept goin passed him hahaha... i feel victorious ,:p.

Just thought id add taht.. oh and one of the workers at the place was on his brake, and wanted to play, so we raced eachother, and he ended up giving me like 5 credits for free haha cause we were havin fun.. i ended up building another card, an AE-86 Trueno, and YEP PANDA WHITE (main character of initial d)!!!!

So now i have a stage 3 FD3S and a stage 1 AE-86 to waste money at teh arcade and work on .

i wanna buy that arcade!!!! anytbody got 7000 bucks to spare? ehhe

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

Phatmatt

Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   10:58 PM     

it sounds like a neat game man but you need help.

any chance I'll find it at one of my local arcades?

...also please forgive my rantings ealier on. I had gotten into the egg nog. Zip Zaps ARE still very cool though.

backinblack
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Dec 24, 03   11:21 PM     

yeah I want to get a card and start playing one of those things. Can you send a link showing us the arcade game?

jonorme
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Sat Dec 27, 03   8:18 AM     

It sounds hella kewl, i hope the arcade game is released in arcades over here

- Jon
dragonrider87
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Mon Dec 29, 03   11:34 PM     

as far as initial d goes the series is absolutely awsome i actually found out about it through the zip zap rc cars and have been trying to find more books and dvds but there kinda scarce out here

do you think we could play another game maybe you could win this time
SuperKid
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Jan 7, 04   6:39 PM     

You guys are so lucky to have the aarcade game where you live. There isn't one around me, atleast none of the arcades I've been to have one. I would probably shit my pants if I ever saw one around here. Hell, no one has even heard of Initial D let alone the arcade game.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
http://www.gang-wars.com/index.html?load=1055341
BiG_T
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Jan 21, 04   5:06 PM     

Here Is The Only Initial D Card I Could Find Of Mine(I Have Too Many). The One I Mainly Use Is My Teg But I Couldn't Find It [External Image Removed]

Metal396
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Wed Jan 21, 04   9:18 PM     

using a teg on a drift game.... oh man thats fun

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg

SuperKid
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Thu Jan 22, 04   12:35 PM     

Hey Big T, here's a tip, get a photo editing program. (Such as Photoshop) Edit that picture down to just the card. It would be alot easier to look at if it were a tad bit smaller.

"Genius is one-percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration." - Thomas A. Edison

Play Gang Wars!
BlackCruiser
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Thu Jan 22, 04   11:04 PM     

you mean like this?

[External Image Removed]

"You don't like it?"
"Naw, I don't like it."
SuperKid
Re: played Initial D arcade   Posted Fri Jan 23, 04   7:18 PM     

Exactly.

Play Gang Wars!