This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2554

storm

i need people to tell truth...   Posted Wed Dec 3, 03   9:01 PM     

Ok, a ford club near me(that im in) is having a dyno day, now i was planning on running my car stock to see how much it was running at the wheels, this dyno day is in jan/feb sometime so i got a little while, i talked to someone and i said to him i wanted to get my car running hot for the day and im going to be spending most i can on the engine before then to get it ready for the dyno day, he said for about $10-15 i can (coz i have a/c) take off the compressor inlet hoses from my A/C pump, and Put on a Air filter for it, and seal the outlet hoses into the top of the carby, he says he has done it to a bomb and it went very hard (this guy don't think i should even put it on the dyno stock let alone with this on), i says It ran Hard and was very fast, but that engine did blow after a week or two, i thought right away that the engine was pritty weak when he said that, i think he said a piston or something went on it i think, but i have spoken to the guy i got my car off and he thinks my car would hold up to it, he knows people that have done it too, and they have had no problems, and i also think my car would be up to having a bit of boost on there, he said it would make 35RWHP easy, i do belive him though talking to other people but do you guys think i should run the boost?, im going to to a few other mods here and there like 9MM leads, 4 point spark plugs and put some prem unleaded fuel( or Gas as you call it over there...i think) plus pro octane booster, and a oil cap airfilter put on to.

So i want to know a few things:
1) Should i put the Boost on there?
2) Do i need any other mods to keep up with this?, for example, better fuel pump, etc?
3) Any other mods i can get done cheap before the dyno day?
4) Has anyone else tryed this that you know of, if so, what engine and did it hold up to the pressure?

Storm
uglystick
Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   11:40 AM     

do it dude!

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
BlownGTP

Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   12:59 PM     

WOW, I thnk that is the shortest reply jason has ever left. LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
uglystick
Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Fri Dec 5, 03   10:52 AM     

Every lengthy reply I've made to storm has fallen on deaf ears, I figure I'd switch it up for a change and see if he actually listens. Appears to me that he likes to ask long winded open ended questions to which he ignores the replies (due to the fact that he's a keyboard bandit).

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Phatmatt

Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Sat Dec 6, 03   6:14 PM     

ever notice how if someone calls someone a "whatever-bandit" it's never a good thing?

EXAMPLE:

"Keyboard-Bandit" someone who types like a fiend just to type it seems.

"Crack-Bandit" (see crack-feind)

"Ass-Bandit"

.....I guess that's all I can think of.... I guess there aren't that many bandit types.... 3 ... unless you count like just bandit....................... ok I'm going out for the night then.... to party............. if I can find one.................... all my friends are out of town...................... and I'm sad.............. I'm a sad-bandit.

hooyeah
Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Mon Dec 8, 03   10:49 AM     

did you just say it would make 35 hp easy? no shit a yugo would

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Mon Dec 8, 03   4:13 PM     

I think he means an extra 35 on top of what hes already got, hooyeah.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
LethalToy

Re: i need people to tell truth...   Posted Tue Dec 16, 03   8:14 PM     

that only requires 2 decals to create 35hp (to the flywheel) and 3 decals to the ground.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.