This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6054

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Metal396
so whats your oppinion.. FC for daily?   Posted Fri Nov 28, 03   10:06 PM     

should i go ahead any try getting an FC turbo II for a daily driver car? or is it not worth running the risks of rotary failure and maintainence? ive subscribed to some rx7 forums and ive been studying rotaries for a while now... i love em, but im just not sure if it would be good to get into one for a daily driver. and of course id be modding it... i cant stand having a stock daily driver lol.

ill be saving for a while before i make any moves. i cant afford to buy teh civic from my dad, he wants 5 grand for it. so im just cleaning it up for him and driving it for now. and im keepin the mustang after all. its too much fun :-p.

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg
Metal396
Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Mon Dec 1, 03   10:45 PM     

ignore what i had up there.... exactly how u were already :-p j/k....

i found enough info to decide not to buy an rx-7 for a daily driver....

but now everybody, list every FR car 4 or 6 cylinder u can think of!!!!!!!! i think i already got em all down, but lets see if anybody can think of some i missed!! start listing please!

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
talljosh85
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   1:25 PM     

Here is what I can think of:
Mazda:
RX-7 (FB,FC,FD)
Miata
RX-8
Acura:
NSX
Honda:
S2000
Toyota:
Supra (MKII, MKIII,MKIV)
AE86 Corolla
MR2 (1st or 2nd gen, 3rd gens suck)
Nissan:
510 (Datsun)
240z,260z,280z, 300zx, 300zxtt,350z
240sx(silvia)
Non-GTR sklylines (Pricey, but you asked)
180sx
Ford:
Mustang
Thunderbird
Crown Victoria (I think there is a 6 cylinder on some years)
BMW:
all cars (non ix or xi designations, non V8 or V12)
Mercedes:
all cars (non-4matic, non V8 or V12)
Chevrolet:
Camaro
Caprice Classic
lots of older stuff...
Dodge:
older stuff
Fiat:
most of the smaller spyders
MG:
most of the US cars
Volkswagen:
bugs
things
squarebacks
Porsche:
most everything

Well, thats about all I can think of at the moment, good luck

jonorme
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   2:16 PM     

Now those are some sweet cars

- Jon
Metal396
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   3:46 PM     

hehehe nice list!

here was my list of "affordable" ones that i chose from, and what i have ruled out and why:

Rx7: No.... I LOVE RX7s but it aint happening..:
FB - too old, need something more reliable
FC- Cant find T2 models for cheap, plus too much maintainence
FD- way outa my league :-p

Mazda Miata: No
i could go for it , but i think i want something a bit larger, i want more space... hehe need space for my snowboard when i head up the mountain..

Supra: possibility
MKII- mmm maybe , i gotta look into em more, dont know much about them yet
MKIII- Possible again, turbo model anyways, but so far i cant find any that are manual tranny.
MKIV- Ya right........

AE86 (corrola GTS, trueno, watever...) : Deffinate possibility ++
I like them ALOT, so far theyre on the top of my list! i want one alot, but it seems it will be difficult to find. im still looking into more information on forums and stuff, and it seems like a great choice given I CAN FIND ONE hehe. so this one looks good.

MR-2: probably no... hmmm?
I liek these alot too hehe, both 1st and 2nd gen. But same issue as the mx5 miata, not enough space... but who knows! i could put a roof rack on it :-p. i know i can find these easily.

Datsun 510: Love em! but its lookin like a no...
Too old, my daily i would like to be more comfortable. although theyre sweet as hell, and reliability shouldnt be too bad... of all the older 4 cylinder cars i can choose from, this is deffinately on the top! Availability is an issue too...

Datsun Z cars: nope...
Love em, but i dont wanna steal Ben's Pimpin status :-p. j/k, i love em, but id need more space, and an older 6 cylinder wouldnt be my choice of a way to go at this point....

Mustang: no
a 5.0 would be sweet!!!! but i dont want another v8 car right now.....

Nissan 240sx: this is lookin to be the top of the list! +++
Availability is good, price is good, reliability is good, comfort is good.... its a great choice! as long as i get a 91 to 93 model that is.... KA24DE is deffinately worth keepin IMO... so ill be keepin my eye on this one... coupe or fastback, both..

VW bug: nope
Love em, but again, the older car issue....

Well thats all for the realistic choices for me..... so far the best 2 are deffinately the 85-87 corrola GTS (trueno), and the 91-93 240sx (silvia).... but 240sx is toppin out the corrola just a bit cause availability...... unless i can find get lucky and find em... im still looking at info on the Toyota models, and motors.... im alittle confused by how the corrola had a RWD AND FWD models, and various versions and what not.... any info would be greatly appreciated!!!

i feel i know plenty enough on the 240sx, plus one of my good friends has a white Sil-Eighty if u wanna call it that .

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
MrPeabody

Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   7:09 PM     

Those are two great choices. I would be hard pressed to choose between them. Only main difference is that the 240 has an independent rear suspension and the toy has a live axle. Still, Toda makes a nice list of goodies for the toy, can we say individual throttle bodies on a 4AGE swap???

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
talljosh85
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Wed Dec 3, 03   8:48 AM     

If you are still interested in a MK III turbo supra, my buddy just got a MK IV and is selling his MK III. It is burgandy, in pretty good shape, a targa, manual tranny, has a few bolt ons, and is for sale. Its in SoCal, if you want his number, let me know.

uglystick
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Wed Dec 3, 03   3:08 PM     

for a daily driver, i can't express how much fun a bosch fuel injected fiat can be.

i just stomped a tpi 3rd gen mary in mine and my oh my that is a great feeling. dumb bastard had open headers and no o2 sensor plugged in. must have felt like being john force. except for that going fast part.

aside from rust, these are simple cars with plenty available to modify and cheap parts. and they're freaking chick magnets. this one was supposed to be a disposable car, but thanks to that effect on my wife, i think we'll be keeping it. and my quartermile time in my signature is a joke.

jason

'81 Fiat Pininfarina Spyder; 2.0L DOHC 8Valve; 5 Speed; 10.44@188.3mph
Metal396
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Wed Dec 3, 03   8:17 PM     

PICS!!!! haha, ya im leaning to nissan... that mkIII would be sweet to look into, but right now i couldnt afford it :-/.... thanks tho..

im stuck with the civic for a while :-p.
I need to clean up the mustang and take it joy riding at least once every 2 weekends... its fun stuff, but im such a lazy ass lol. the civic is working, for now.... and im slowly making money with my job ( which i hate!!!).... seriously, if you are not a people person, DONT get into sales!! big mistake!!!!! haha.
i might quit some time, and try to get back into pizza delivery !!! greatest job ever !

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
talljosh85
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Wed Dec 3, 03   10:39 PM     

He wants like $4700 for it, I don't know how much you want to pay, but thats what I heard last. Anyways, good luck, I'm working on acquiring a daily driver for next summer, cuz my FD breaks a lot, and the AC really sucks, really.

Phatmatt

Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   10:19 AM     

you used to be a delivery driver too? Small world. You know the job wasn't bad as far as the money was, but the hours and actual job sucks balls. I went into sales too. Now I'm working and going to college but it's beats driving around pizza all day and night in the cold and then getting out around 1:30 am too late to to anything. I'd much rather have a day job and stay up late having fun rather than working. Jobs not to bad either... I mean I'm here now and look what i'm doing at 1:14 pm!

after college is over and done with I hope to eventually be an ad agent or producer.... maybe even have my own show.... I want to write a bit too, nothing like books though just little shit. I'm not sure why I'm talking about this.

Pininfarina's are cool.

Metal396
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   3:34 PM     

my sales job just sucks, im in the wintersports section of Sport Chalet, and i greet customers and help them choose out their snowboards and find accessories etc etc.... IT SUCSK! i hate it.... i cant stand being around alot of people, especially when im stuck in one place the whole time!!

thats why i miss delivering pizza! i never had to do it like 1 in the mornin tho lol.. its nice to be able to sit back, listen to radio/cds , drive around town and get paid for it! i made better money doin that anyways! its just teh freedom i liked so much! and i really dont like how the big business corporation BS is goin at sport chalet, it was nice at the privately owned pizza place. really chill.

i hate being stuck in a corner of a sport store, being forced to help people.... id rather have the freedom of hoppin in my car and takin pizza to different people's homes.... its also cool cause i know where everybody lives ....

-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
Phatmatt

Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Thu Dec 4, 03   9:40 PM     

I didn't mind so much in the summer. But I hated always doing it in the cold or doing it on the weekends at night when I should have been partyin' down. I liked driving and listening to CDs and all the freedom but... it just got old too fast, but yes the money IS better than most people would think. I still make more selling insurance though.... enough to have the stuff I need, the stuff I want, and still pay for school.

hooyeah
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Mon Dec 8, 03   10:51 AM     

yuou forgot one chevette

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Mister2age
Re: Just list every FR car u can think of plz   Posted Mon Dec 8, 03   3:34 PM     

Wrong doode. The toyota MR2, Acura NSX, all older volkswagon's, and almost every porsche are not FR. The first 2 are MR and the last 2 are RR and as for your comments on the 3rd en MR2, it may be uglyand lack balls but it offers a fantastic driving experience and a well balanced chasisis

Pages in this thread: (1) 2