This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10814

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Phatmatt

HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Thu Nov 27, 03   1:41 PM     

just got done eating some turkey with the fam. now we are all sitting around and I brought my laptop....... I'm probably going to fall asleep soon though.

NickQ
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Thu Nov 27, 03   5:29 PM     

Happy thanksgiving

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Thu Nov 27, 03   7:37 PM     

Ditto. Happy turkey day to all. I've spent all day playing Need For Speed Underground

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Fri Nov 28, 03   3:29 AM     

Is that game any good, worth buying or just worth renting.

"Why does it say paper jam when there is no paper jam?"-
Samir "Office Space"
MrPeabody

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Fri Nov 28, 03   9:22 PM     

I have it for PC, and I like it. A bit ricey, but then again what isn't these days

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
jonorme
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Sat Nov 29, 03   4:04 PM     

I was thinkin about gettin that game, but then i thought id just wait for GT4 to arrive, i think its gonna be way better than NFSU

- Jon
Phatmatt

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Sat Nov 29, 03   11:13 PM     

I bought it for PS2. I think it kicks decent ass. You can customize you own car so it doesn't look super rice but 99% of the other dudes you'll play against (including the guys online *ps2 version is the only one online by theway*) are like rice to the max. There also is a huge lack of domestic cars. BUT all and all a good game. If you like imports and import tuning it's probably right up your alley. it races kind of arcadey and the tracks are a touch repetative but it's SO customizeable that you won't care.

jonorme
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Mon Dec 1, 03   12:12 PM     

hmm sounds like it aint too bad, the whole ricey thing was really puttin me off but if u can customize it so it aint so ricey thats cool. maybe i'll rent it sometime to check it out

- Jon
Phatmatt

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Mon Dec 1, 03   12:53 PM     

yeah it's pretty good. All of my cars are fairly non rice. However left the 94 Neon's preformance stock, put on a triple decker rally wing, a yellow stripe down it's side, and a sweet 6" exshaust tip. ........... I also have a car that's entirely gold.... including about 80% of the engine, the rims, the window tint, neon, and muffler.

other than that it's all pretty tame. Most of my rides are black or silver with the occatioal red and blue one... they are just about all fitted with the more simple body kits. Occationally I have a unique paintjob or a decal here and there but I don't use much vynil shit on the sides. However if you wanted you could make the most extravagant, crazy ass, giant body kit, hot color morphing pink S2000 with flashing pink neon and a giant robot on the side you wanted.... then put a big NOS sticker right on the hood..... no joke.

one last thing for the guys who DO have the game, when you're at the beggining of the race and you're in neutral rev the engine and hit the Nitrous. It's 2 fast 2 furious to belive (it may only work if you have the best N20 you can buy). I didn't even do it until I beat the game once because I KNOW what happens when you do it in real life.

MrPeabody

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   10:10 AM     

I've been into the drifting. I think I’m only at race 65-70 and I’m clicking off 200,000-point runs. Pretty sweet.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z
jonorme
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   2:13 PM     

Man this game is really startin to sound good, i think i might just go out and buy instead of rentin it first

- Jon
Phatmatt

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Tue Dec 2, 03   8:23 PM     

I was ok at drifting. I'd usually nab like 100,000 on average. I'm the MAN at drags though. Best run is 20.82 seconds with a skyline.

jonorme
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Sun Dec 7, 03   9:36 AM     

I jus bought it today, havent played it yet though, i'm gonna in about 10-20mins should be fun lol

- Jon
Metal396
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Sun Dec 7, 03   12:45 PM     

i dont even have a ps2 :-/.
i think thats all im askin for for christmas tho [External Image Removed]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/driving/initialdspecialstage/

But no game will beat the Gran Turismo Series. I love em, i cant wait for GT4, but GT3 Still kicks ass IMO!

----------------------------------------------------
-73 Musatng 351c - 12mpg
-98 Civic EX D16Y8 - 30mpg
Phatmatt

Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING.   Posted Sun Dec 7, 03   6:35 PM     

Word to GT3 and the new GT4 which I preordered like 4 zillion years ago..... or maybe just in september.

I still play 3 though, I love that game.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2