This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4008

storm

Read This BULL!   Posted Tue Nov 11, 03   10:18 PM     

im not happy, and i really won't be happy if they put this in place.
I found this in the newpaper today and i've come right here, have a read of this law they want to put in:(Keep in mind i live in dandenong)

'Near fatal' crash highlights inadequate P-plate laws.
'DRAG MENACE'
The ineffectiveness of regulations restricting p platers from driving high powered cars was light lighted when a teenager crashed her V8 during a suspected dandenong drag race last monday night.
several police interviewed by The Journal (newpaper im reading you this out of) agreed the Vicroads regulations were difficult to enforce and should be over hauled.
judging the power of the cars on the road side was nothing more then a guessing game, one officer said.
vicroads says the regulations are nowunder review.
last monday night, a cranbourne woman, 19, suffered facial injuries, multiple leg fractures and a brocken arm when her 1993 V8 commodore struck a tree on frankston-dandenong road.
police confirmed the p plater was not permitted to drive the carm, which was written off.
senior constable nigal dasilvia of dandenong traffic managment unit was very surprised she survived.
we estimate ahe was doing more then 110 kmh in a 80 zone he said, it appears she was racing and may have clipped another car.
police have interviewed a blackburn man, 20 and seems they both could be charged.
p platers are restricted to 125 kw per tonne or an engine cap above 3.5 litres per tonne of unladen mass, howeber they allow some V8's, turbos and 6 cylinder cars.
(im not doing it all there's lots more so i'll skip to a bit where i don't like at all so im writing in about the matter).
one police man said p platers should only be allowed to drive stock standed 4 cyl cars(They are going to talk about it with vic roads)

And it has phone numbers for further info junk like that or it says Whats your view?, write your view to The editor, PO Box 318, Dandenong 3174.
So im writting and and givving my View if they like it or not will be there problem but im not letting them make me drive a stock 4 CYL!!!,
i'll be back with what they say, but im really not happy they are even considering this.

------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the olyimpics pic i just thought it was very funny,but is true for the ricers, Not all Honda's tho.
hooyeah
Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   10:24 AM     

well i'm just in shock theres a place called dandedong funny word

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
VW_Nut
Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   12:58 PM     

Is this in Ausralia? What is a P Plate?

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
jonorme
Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   2:06 PM     

I think a P plate is a provisional license. Well im pretty sure thats what it is here in the UK

- Jon
storm

Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Wed Nov 12, 03   2:59 PM     

p plates are what you have for a few years just after you get your drivers permit, where you have a max on how much you can mod your car, then after p plates you can make it powerful as you want.
Most people go over the limits anyway, with cams, ECU and things you can't see, but if you not allowed it drive a 6 even, it makes it hard, i'd have to buy a 200sx or something and i'll just keep my car till im off p plates but im not selling it, not even if people offered me money for it, low chances i'd take it, i like it to much.

Storm
Phatmatt

Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Fri Nov 14, 03   11:33 PM     

I don' t think it's a bad idea to limit what type of car kids get right away. It pisses me off when some no nothing little bastard gets a brand new sports car from daddy, when he just learned to drive. I think kids SHOULD be limited to what they can drive for the first 2 or so years. For safety and for kids not being spoiled dickfaces who think they are the shit.

However I think it's bullshit that they are just making this law now over there. Maybe it'd be better if they allowed kids who already had the cars to keep them but wait till they modded them much more and just restrict the new drivers. By the way how do the moniter all of that stuff? Around here the only things cops get you for having done to your car is neon under the car or missing lights. They let everything else slide unless you've got no muffler (although sometimes they let that slide too).

storm

Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   8:28 PM     

well if it's a V8 you'll hear, and when the cops go past chances are you'll get pulled over, and if it is over the restrictions then you'll get fined or licence taken off you or something, but most people on there p plates still put the car over the limit to power to weight i don't know anyone that is really being careful of putting the car over limits, i don't care about the limits, i don't think they are going to put your car on the dyno just to check, lol, but the chances are my car will be over the limits, im not going to put a turbo on yet but im just going to N/A the engine untilli can doo all i can do to it, then i'll do other things like that maybe depends if i want more power or not at the time.

Storm
storm

Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   8:50 PM     

ok, something that was on this weeks newpaper looks like a reply or something from last weeks drag thingy.

Restrictions ' No Answer' to Drags.

BEEFING up the retrictions to stop P - platers from driving powerful car would do little to solve the street drags problem, a self confessed former illegal racer says.
Jack, (not his real name), 25, was responding to The journals Drag menace article which appered last week.
The P - plater said he had drag raced legally and illegally and had lost his licence 5 times, coughing up more then $5000 in fines.
The only thing i lernt was to try harder to aviod the cops he said.
Jack said tougher ristrictions were not the answer.
it would only be a matter of time before a way around it was found. it could be just as easy as registering the car in someone elses name.
Jack said drivers lost control not because their cars were to powerful but becaurse they were asking to much of them.
And in some cases, racers are influenced by peer pressure.
He said he no longer raced illegally becaurse he accepted the dangers.
The drag problem is not just about P - Platers he said.
I have seen 35 year old people racer with their little child was in the back baby seat of the car.
Jack said people were involved in street drags becaurse there was a unmet need for a legal drag strip.
people have tried to do things about it, but it's either out of their financial reach or authorities are knocking them down.

The end.
well in a way he is right about most of the things he said(even tho i don't think this guy has stoped draging anyway, lol) i think a legal drag strip would help near by but it would never get it all off the street there will still be drags illegally it's just the way it goes. but it would help alot tho, and i did think about that too, but really no place i can think of to put one round anyway.

Storm
hooyeah
Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Tue Nov 18, 03   11:31 PM     

whats safer kids racing slow cars or kids racing fast cars?

and matt you live in michigan.....i think that may have sometihng to do with the "restrictions"

storm

Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Wed Nov 19, 03   7:43 PM     

Before you get on P - Plates you have L - Plates that is for the learners or people who lost their P's or whatever they had becaurse of something they did etc etc, anyway L's is to learn on, not P's.

Storm
hooyeah
Re: Read This BULL!   Posted Thu Nov 20, 03   7:26 PM     

i know that