This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1381

Phatmatt

CAR OF THE WEEK   Posted Tue Nov 4, 03   10:32 PM     

Ok so I just had this idea about 10 minues ago:

Wouldn't it be cool if every week I suggested a different car that we could all discuss? I mean I know that a lot of you go out and test drive a lot of cars so I figured it'd be something that'd get a lot of people talking. Just give your opinions I guess.

This week I'm thinking about the this years Sunfire (we'll take it slow).

I like the styling much better than the previous years, but this makes the same under-powered lameness more painful than ever. One of my friend's parents bought him a red one for college and he's let me drive it on several occations. I've also driven the 97 Sunfire GT and it also handles, accelerates, and breaks, sub par. The only thing the 2004 Sunfire has improved upon is the breaking. The inside of the car is fairly sporty (although the pattern on the seats screams out "I'm a 16 year old girl"). The dual exshaust makes you think "man, look out" until you hear the four-banger start up. The engine is overly loud at about 2500rpm and then overly quiet when you punch it. The car handles well......... when compared to vans and trucks, but is only about average when compared to even large cars. The steering wheel feels cheap also. It does however offer a fairly comfortable ride at a good price. The sound system that comes with it is decent too.

The bottom line is this is a more stylized version of a VERY average car. If you're a dad, buy this for your spoiled daughter, but not yourself.

hooyeah
Re: CAR OF THE WEEK   Posted Thu Nov 6, 03   10:33 AM     

hate the new style looks like a sunfire with a fucked to hell body kit extremely very ugly insanely hideously ugly

one of my teachers had an older one with a 2.8 it was less underpowered more of a decent car but yeah basically girly car sucks shitballs

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
jonorme
Re: CAR OF THE WEEK   Posted Thu Nov 6, 03   3:13 PM     

Havent seen it yet, doesnt sound too great so far though

- Jon

[External Image Removed]
Phatmatt

Re: CAR OF THE WEEK   Posted Thu Nov 6, 03   9:18 PM     

The new ugly look was the one thing I thought was better about it. it was more unique because there weren't tons out there yet and the lights looked slightly more agressive, albiet still ugly.

I'm already seeing guys buying this car and "pimping" it out. I blame this on the low price tag and dual exshaust.

HERE IS A FEW LINKS SO ALL OF YOU NON-AMERICANS CAN SEE IT:

http://www.pontiac.com/sunfire/index.jsp?source=hmlnav

http://auto.consumerguide.com/auto/new/reviews/full/index.cfm/id/23320

hooyeah
Re: CAR OF THE WEEK   Posted Fri Nov 7, 03   3:30 AM     

an ugly improvement....hmmmm interesting when i first saw it it wa son the road i thought it was jsut a standard 90's sunfire with a bad bodykit

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?