This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2958

storm

im back and need help   Posted Fri Sep 26, 03   11:22 PM     

i have decided not to do my project XD falcon up no more, i am going back to imports, but i don't know which one to get, im thinking Z32 300ZX, Soaror, something round the lines of them 2, but i really don't know what to go for they both all good at around same price here.
I can't choose which one to go for, i like the 300ZX, they look good with pretty good power stock, but engine bays are very small and can't fit much and i like the soarors coz they don't look TOO bad but not as much power but very luxury insides, the only thing holding me back from the 300ZX is not as luxury, so what do i go for, Help anyone?

NickQ
Re: im back and need help   Posted Fri Sep 26, 03   11:55 PM     

It all depends on how much you are willing to spend. Building up a Z is gonna be very expensive. What kind of price range are you looking at??

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: im back and need help   Posted Sat Sep 27, 03   11:49 AM     

Well, I’m not sure what things cost over there in Australia. Personally I’d go with the Z, then again I may be a bit biased

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
storm

Re: im back and need help   Posted Sat Sep 27, 03   9:33 PM     

well i don't mind how much it's going to be to do it up i'll slowly work up to getting the money for whatever mod i want to get on the car, i just need help finding out what most people here would get if they had to choose to help me a little, but at the moment im thinking more to the 300ZX then the Soaror.
I'd say within the next 2-3 months i'll have a new car, i gotta sell mine not to sure how long that would be, coz im going to do a few cheap things to it that will put the price up on it and buck up the price a little so i get more out of it like putting EFI on it, i would normally sell my car for $2,500 with carb on it, but i'll just get a cheap second hand EFI on and sell for $3,000 AUD and i'll see what else happens.

MrPeabody

Re: im back and need help   Posted Sun Sep 28, 03   11:14 AM     

Just to let people know, the Soarer is pretty much the same as our Lexus SC300, but with better engines

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: im back and need help   Posted Mon Sep 29, 03   11:36 AM     

no comment

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Phatmatt

Re: im back and need help   Posted Wed Oct 1, 03   8:26 AM     

yeah man, if I recall you were more into looks than preformance. Didn't you want a show car? Just get what you want. I had a 300ZX TT and it was a kick ass car, but epensive to modify and expensive to maintain. I couldn't afford to keep it and had to sell it. I'd make sure that I could afford to own the car before I bought it (both of the cars aren't going to be el cheapo to have). Aren't you 16? Good luck paying for all of that man, I know how hard it can be.

Anyway do what you want and what is possible.

JcAus
Re: im back and need help   Posted Sat Nov 8, 03   8:16 AM     

Storm,
if you are looking for an import contact J-spec imports in Melbourne. Check out www.j-spec.com.au

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
storm

Re: im back and need help   Posted Sun Nov 9, 03   4:23 AM     

i posted this ages ago, but i found i couldn't get the house re-financed (without paying a bit anyway), so i have to keep with the XD, Mid next year i can tho, thats if i don't want to give the XD up, i'll see how good the XD is when i can get a soaror or something, but if i was to get something else, i'd go for the 4.0 V8 soaror i think.
we'll see what happens mid next year.