This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1784

Metal396
The rendezvous was great   Posted Sun Sep 21, 03   11:07 PM     

ah route-66 this year kicked soo much ass!!! it was so fun!!! i can still hear the v8 revvin with uncorked headers (especially mine :-D). I got tons of pics, and tons to tell ya guys but im friggin tired so i think ill type it all later... but heres a few pics right now:

[External Image Removed]
me and my car infront of part of the cruise route

[External Image Removed]
my bigass burnout for the crowd (i got a box of oreos for that one! haha ill tell u later..)

[External Image Removed]
me walkin through the smoke a few seconds after layin down the rubber :-)

Cya later

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
-73 Musatng 351c
-98 Civic EX D16Y8
MrPeabody

Re: The rendezvous was great   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   7:58 AM     

That's badass, nice bit of smoke to

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: The rendezvous was great   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   9:02 AM     

yea, nice smoke show.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
hooyeah
Re: The rendezvous was great   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   12:12 AM     

nice burnout and ya know for some reason you remind me of vanilla ice

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Metal396
Re: The rendezvous was great   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   12:39 PM     

HAHAHA thanks hooyah..... its cause im soo blonde (rolleyes)......

ya there were these guys givin free food (snacks and shit) for whoever revvs up hard open headers, thats how my freinds and i pretty much survived all weekend lol... well i got a shit load of oreos and stuff for the burnout...

The weekend was fuckin sweet, soo many cars!!!! i drowned out plenty of other cars . it was fun makin people smile when i revved up and what not. people seemed to like my car alot.

unfortunately there was 1 major accident friday night :-(, sad story, it was in the newspaper. Friday night some dudes car broke down, and he was jumpstarting it, when the shifter selector malfunctioned or something and he thought it was in neutral, but it was in drive... well when he jumpstarted it it lunged forward, and the wheel crushed his 3 year old boy.... the son died 12:15am saturday morning, very sad. Everybodies prayers are for the child and his family. terrible terrible thing to happen, i feel so bad for the father.

it was the first accident to happen at any of the route66 events.

i have tons of good pics from the show,ill eventually post em .

My car never stalled or broke down at all through the entire weekend, it got hot but no overheating... only problem i had was my oil pressure gauge sensor broke, it overheated and will only give accurate readings when the rpms are up and the fan is blowing in the engine. no biggie tho..

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
-73 Musatng 351c
-98 Civic EX D16Y8
jonorme
Re: The rendezvous was great   Posted Wed Sep 24, 03   12:32 PM     

That sucks about the accident