This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2928

Phatmatt

Where? What? Why?   Posted Sun Sep 21, 03   9:54 PM     

this has been going on for a while here and I was wondering what the dilly-o was. I know jack about "styling" cars, but I see cars with "mod badges" on the side all of hte time. Most common I see an HKS (nine times out of ten on a 100% stock shitbox, but that's not my point). Why are guys doing this? and how are they doing it? Are they painted on or are they stickers? What's the deal man?

LS4_454
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Mon Sep 22, 03   6:46 PM     

Each sticker is worth approximitly 10hp, if they actually form a word that you can read then they are good for 15hp. Despite common belief that the Asian letters are worth 20hp a piece, the letters are actually saying "Look at me, I'm a stupid rice boy that puts stickers all over my car" (loosley translated). Just in case there aren't enough badges and stickers on the car to clarify its maker, you MUST put on a "Powered by Honda" just to slam the message home, but I haven't seen a hp figure for those yet.

hooyeah
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   12:10 AM     

because looking fast is easier than going fast

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   8:08 PM     

well I don't get it. But I've seen them pop up like crazy as of late.

I must admit that I'd rather see a small list of lies on the side of their car than a huge rainbow blob on leading to the giant biplane wing on the back.

oh yeah, it's still rice.... but it's a more sofisticated rice.

LS4_454
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Thu Sep 25, 03   7:53 PM     

Sure, throw out the short and sweet version. LOL

uglystick
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Fri Sep 26, 03   11:26 AM     

hey matt,

if you ever get ready to sell the van, contact me:

jason@orionoutdoor.com

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
jonorme
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Sun Sep 28, 03   4:50 AM     

I think the 'Powered By Honda' one must be worth about 35hp lol

Focus Cosworth:
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Sun Sep 28, 03   5:34 PM     

40 if it's on a ford

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
1969Stang
Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Mon Sep 29, 03   8:06 PM     

you'll have to beat me to it....i'll kill you if i have to...hahahahaha......j/k......the van is for me....hahahah

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
Phatmatt

Re: Where? What? Why?   Posted Wed Oct 1, 03   8:41 AM     

actually I was talking about selling it off and on all summer. Most people around here wouldn't pay that much for it (It doesn't look cool enough).

If I need money though I may indeed sell it. I didn't know that you had an intrest in getting your hands on it Jason. Gonna pick up chicks with it? If I do decide to or need to get rid of it, I'll let ya know.

But who knows when that will be. it could be like Rocky and make like 90 comebacks.

oh and Stang, I'm telling you man you need to go get one of your own. It will change your life..... a little.