This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1370

Metal396
ok now im getting excited!   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   6:27 PM     

route 66 kicks off tomorrow!!! i cant wait!

I just spent the last couple of hours cleaning my mustang, damn that thing shines nicely!!! if i had a digi camera id take pics!... i also cant take pics at route-66 cause i dont have a camera, sorry guys, maybe my freind will take some pics to show ya...

Well any body thats a socal local, u should try and come hceck out this years event! biggest yet!!! 585,000 people estimated to be there and its generating $86 million dollars !

If any of ya go , and see my mustang, feel free to introduce yourself and we can chat! wouldnt mind meetin some cool people i know from the boards.

i will be entering the open headers contest (if all goes to plan), so wish me luck! i think i have a chance ! clevelands run loud and strong! ;-)

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
-73 Musatng 351c
-98 Civic EX D16Y8
Phatmatt

Re: ok now im getting excited!   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   9:14 PM     

best o luck

MrPeabody

Re: ok now im getting excited!   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   9:46 AM     

Sounds pretty sweet dude, have fun blowing people's ears off

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: ok now im getting excited!   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:46 AM     

phatt,

i wonder how that would compare to the cruise on woodward. probably pretty similar.

funny sidenote story about woodward. my best friend and a friend of his were in the miles of gridlock that is the woodward dream cruise when in high school. they were in a '70s chevy 4x4 with a murray's 454 crate motor and some basic bolt ons. ford truck comes up next to them and starts revving. the driver (that's what we'll call him, i can't remember exactly who it was that my friend was with) doesn't do anything just keeps creeping along. then all of a sudden, this lady who is in another chevy starts yelling at them like "You sorry fuckers, show that ford what a real chevy can do!" So the driver gets out and locks the 4x4 hubs and just fuggin stands on the gas. four wheel burnout in place for about 30 seconds....on 35" super swampers. ford shuts up right after hearing the response to this question:

"What the HELL DO YOU HAVE IN THAT THING?"

Answer:

"Murray's CRATE MOTOR!" basically like saying, i got my engine from pep boys, beeyatch.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Phatmatt

Re: ok now im getting excited!   Posted Fri Sep 19, 03   12:27 PM     

Ah yes, the Woodward Dream Cruise. I go almost every year. This last year sucked though because of the massive power outage that I'm sure you all heard of (I couldn't shower for 4 days) and the police were shutting everything down early. I would say it's probably very similar though. But I don't know if it's the same or not. Up here Domestics reign supreme. It used to be that just about every family was loyal to one of the big three. Mainly because you probably worked for them. My mom's family was GM loyal (her first car was a Buick Wildcat and her older brother drove a Camaro SS and then a Z28). My dad drove a Mustang as his first car, so naturally our best cars are his Crown Victoria and the Mustang GT (soon to be replaced by a Cobra).

WHY am I telling everyone this? Because as this causes problems. Uglystick's story about Woodward is pretty much dead on. Most people, dispite brand loyalty, don't mind crusing with the other classic rides. However, if someone does something to prevoke someone else people get quite animated. I've heard things yelled such as "Get that shitbox, Dodge out of here!" or "Yeah doesn't matter how shiny that Ford is, it's still a Ford!" Often things are said in good spirits, but occationally people get REALLY pissed off.

But you know what, man? That's starting to all but dissapear because everyone is now hating on the "riced out" crowd. Once some kid thought he was hot shit in a Civic and got up real close on this BelAir doing everything in his power to make his car make as much noise as possible (which pissed me off). Some guy riding shotgun in a SuperBee tossed a open can of coke at the guys car... it's good to see people come together. For the most part though they're all pretty friendly and don't mind imports as long as you're not doing something to piss people off and NEVER EVER say that imports are better than classic american made cars.

by the way, that stunt that 4x4 pulled, RULES. I bet everyone got sick after eating all that smoke though.