This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2854

blownChevy70

This is bull..we have no more races at all anymore   Posted Mon Sep 15, 03   1:47 PM     

we really need to find somewhere to go and do something because there is alot of new cars out there and we really need to start seeing what some of em can do like my dads chevelle anyways post up

VW_Nut
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all anymore   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   12:55 PM     

Race where? Fontana had their last one this past weekend but you can always go down to Carlsbad (2hrs) in San Marcos (by Escondido) There is Palmdale(3hrs) in the Antelope Valley and for good 1/8 mile times you can gop to Irwindale (1 1/2 hrs) off the 605 and 10.
What year Chevelle?

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
uglystick
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   1:49 PM     

it's a 69 chevelle i think. 383 stroker like my el camino with a 6-71 weiand blower on top. no fuckin around.

this ain't your daddy's take it to the track daily driver. it's his daddy's take it to the street and pay for groceries for a year in 9 seconds monster.

brandon/etc whatever your name is, i always got y'all confused anyway, i hear sam will have his curry 9 inch done soon for the olds. that's a start at least. but i think the bottom line is, everyone grew up. how's the extended family been, and how are the drag boats?

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
blownChevy70

Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   2:20 PM     

this is michael joes son the one that owns the chevelle..its a 396 i believe with a 871 blower and i meant like street racing because not everybody can just hop on down to the drags.but brandon and his father are the ones that built the motor and my god it screams i have a video of it but cant get it online yet but soon ill be making a video...thanks uglystic yeah we all did kinda grow up but it still will be kinda interesting to see the cutlass run if it can run what people say it can...anyways well see

BlownGTP

Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Tue Sep 16, 03   2:41 PM     

i remember seeing the video of it. i believe it still in the video section of thsi site. Wicked car!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
uglystick
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   9:59 AM     

well from what i've heard through the grapvine, that cutty is no joke. it's just got so much damned power that keeping the drivetrain from scattering is more of a job than anything.

i don't know why i thought that was a small block in your chevelle. i'd like to see (or hear via private message) what kind of numbers it runs at the track.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
VW_Nut
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   12:52 PM     

Street eace? maybe everyone got busted in one of those late night round ups and they wised up. Heard the fines are pretty hefty these days and I think somewhere near LA they take your car and crush it for recycling if they bust you street racin'. The spectators are even hauled off and their cars are impounded, I would much rather pay the $15 at the track to race.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
blownChevy70

Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   1:55 PM     

well my dads chevelle yes it is a small block but damn can that mother fucker scream...i got a video of it doing an actualy full run on del web road near 38th then him doin some burnouts etc...its an insane car,ive heard rumors about the cutlass but still never heard of it running so i will believe the power in it when i see it..yeah im 17 but i know my shit when it comes to racing....in any case i just want to see banning open up and have some good races goin again

LS4_454
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Wed Sep 17, 03   8:43 PM     

Banning is nothing more than a web site and a water tank at this point. If it really happens it will be a miracle, I still have one of their "Opening in summer of 2001" posters.
That sounds like a bad ass Chevelle, good luck with street races around here, not sure what can come out and play but I heard there is a very fast 4 X 4 truck that just about turns the earth when it launches, I think he is in Mecca. A buddy of mine used to race in Orange County and the guys with blowers had a hard time getting races. Some of the blown cars didn't actually run that well, they were mostly looks, but when your shit is all together it was hard to land a race without giving up tons of space.

uglystick
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:59 AM     

does he run in 2 high or 4 high?

jason

LS4_454
Re: This is bull..we have no more races at all any   Posted Thu Sep 18, 03   10:11 PM     

I believe 4 high as the the thing hooks and just shoots out. It has a nasty bark as it hooks.