This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 33650

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6  
NickQ
Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   11:03 AM     

My first time taking this car to the track. Here are my runs on the stock gsr motor. Ill post video when I get it.

[External Image Removed]

1st: VERY hot and humid night. Fakin hand slipped off the shift knob TWICE going into 4th. (stainless steel Type R knob, very slippery)

2nd: Not bad

3rd: Vtec ground wire broke shifting into second. No vtec through rest of gears. Makes a difference huh?

4th: best run of night. 14.8 @ 94. Not bad for the stock gsr motor. Hoping for better on the 19th.

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   11:14 AM     

What are the fees at famoso? I need to head out some time.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
NickQ
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   12:02 PM     

$12 to watch, $18 to run. All you have to do is pass tech.

[External Image Removed]
Metal396
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   3:27 PM     

nice dude! 14.8 with the gsr motor, stock! thats awesome! damn im sure u could keep up with my mustang lol. keep us all posted of ur times when u mod it more.

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
RyanAutry
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   5:20 PM     

It went 14.4@98 with the previous Owner. But I'm sure Nick won't have a hard time matching the time with a little more pracitce and a little better Air.

The DA was @ 1944 feet, friday night.

Plus he need to cut a 2.25 - 2.32 60', on the same tires.

--------
[External Image Removed]
'92 Civic Turbo Hybrid

My car's webpage
Metal396
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   6:53 PM     

thats so awesome. this is makin me wanna work on my civic... although it needs ALOT of R&R before performance mods... heres the only pic i have of it i think:

[External Image Removed]

it is alot heavier than the hb models tho.... my brother fucked it up so bad... glad its not his anymore. all it has right now is a Trust exhaust (put on in 99 i think) and a cracked header i gotta replace , thats the first thing i gotta do to it... what are your guy's suggestions? thanks.

[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   7:08 PM     

Cool, I’m interested to see what my Z runs, need to take care of some tranny and tach problems first though.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
VW_Nut
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   1:01 PM     

Ohhhh, aaahhhh, 14.80's, setting the world on fire. Welcome to the world of a "modified" Honda.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
uglystick
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   2:22 PM     

cool car, btw. and as for the smart ass v dub owner, i'd like to see what your bug runs when you've got $3000 into it. ;-)

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
MrPeabody

Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   3:59 PM     

Yeah, pretty damn slow for a stock motor, huh. Plus it ran 14.4 with the other owner. It's going to be pretty tricky getting your 1600 to do the same, after a list of mods.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Metal396
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   4:26 PM     

only thing the bug has on him is the weight and where the weight is planted :-/ .. but hey VW , with ur gearing what gas mileage u get and do u enjoy driving more than 1 hour at a time in there? lets see ur street ability man..

[External Image Removed]
VW_Nut
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   4:55 PM     

With $3000 into it, it better damn well run better than a 14. Lets see, he probably has $5000 alone just in the car, another $2000 in a "GSR" motor. So for $7000 he only has a 14.80 to show for it. Just like the 454 guy said earlier, it would be cheaper to add a 150 shot of nitrous, I'll even bet he doesn't have 150 more hp than he had with the stock Civic.
Of course I can make bug look good considering i'm only starting with 40hp, hehe.

VW_Nut
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   4:57 PM     

When I get "done" I'll predict that I'll be no where near ricer territory.

VW_Nut
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   5:00 PM     

Phoenix and back 4 times a year, it is pretty comfortable for what it is. The suspension is stock so it rides good and doesn't bounce like it has a bad case of Eibach springs, and I dont have to slow down for dips. It will be very streetable, may be getting a 5 spd for it so I can keep my stock 4th gear for the freeway.

NickQ
Re: Went to the track Friday *pic*   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   5:29 PM     

Lets see. I bought the car for $5500. Not bad for a car with a stock engine that will keep up with a stock wrx or 5.0 mustang, for a fraction of the cost. Lets compare to a vw bug. Shall we?

*A/C: civic yes; bug hahaha fak no
*power steering: civic yes; bug, are you kidding
*room for 4 COMFORTABLY: civic yes; bug, unless you're an amputee, no
*stoner appeal:Civic, no; bug....dude...like...what was the question again, who cares, lets smoke a bowl.
*RELIABILITY: Civic, will run forever, very reliably; bug, jesus christ no
power brakes: civic yes; bug, no

Really, dont try to compare a VW BEETLE to a honda civic. I owned a Bug for about 2 years. Bought all the books, like the "idiots guide to beetles" (which by the way was written by a hippie stoner) Opinions are opinions and cant be argued. If you like the bug better, cool. The civic is not the best car in the world, but dont compare the two. In fact, trying to compare an old VW Bug to anything else other that a yugo, or an amc pacer is prety pointless.

You lose

[External Image Removed]

Edited by NickQ (Mon Sep 8, 03   5:31 PM)

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6