This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1913

Metal396
I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   4:09 AM     

well, i finally saw it... downloaded it today and took my time watching it here on my computer... i love this peice of machinery :-D . and ive read on other peoples comments about the movie, many of which were "dont see it", or "its not worth spending money on". Well, the same way with everything else, i dont take other peoples oppinions and adopt them as my own, so i had to see this movie.

What do i think of this movie? well, it wasnt a street racing documentary, far from. It would more be classified as an Action-Adventure written with an automotive touch. As far as the story goes, i didnt mind it, it left the subject of cars behind quite a bit but hey, its friggin hard to make a motion picture movie sell, when its ONLY about cars and street racing. In my own oppinion i call this movie pure COMEDY, i found myself laughing my ass off teh whole time. Not neccesarily AT the movie itself, although the computer animated scenes were rediculous :-p, but the way it was written, and the cultures and slang it uses. It was funny to me, i enjoyed watching it. There was alot of simple humor, and it had alot of the friendship and loyalty as did the first movie (the fast and the furious).

This sequal was much more flashy, but thats MIAMI i guess... well at least when compared to Los angeles lol. When people tell me the movie sucked, i have to dissagree. I thought it was a cool movie to watch for the action, and some cool car scenes, but to be honest , the first movie had alot more to do with street racing and the cars. And i was happy to see a wider variety of cars in 2F2F, even though many of the domestics get crushed, but once u see the plot and who those characters are, it fits in the story without too much controversy.

Well i think that about covers it all... it was a cool movie, some nice cars, many VERY hot chicks, and a plot that gets people interested (it did for me anyways). Oh and Humor throughout the movie to keep ya entertained (thats how i felt anyways). Please, lemme know what you guys think, and if u agree or disagree with me, feel free to post what u think and why. We need some good "thinking-posts" here on cvsr anyways :-).

Cya later, and goodnight

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
jonorme
Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   9:09 AM     

I completely agree with you, i thought it was a cool movie with some good humor aswell

hooyeah
Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   1:31 AM     

you are my hero metal i agree entirely

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   8:03 PM     

I didn't really enjoy the movie what much. I didn't really mind the first movie (although I hated the wannabees that it spawned), in fact I did enjoy it. The second one sucked balls. I watched it with my best friend Brian and we ripped on it (he's not even a car guy).

I'll admit that I was like "Oh yeah" when I saw him roll up in that skyline, and was expecting a good race between him and that supra, but the whole race was just so rediculous. The whole movie was like that. I counted no less that 4 cars doing impossible jumps in this movie. After that I don't remember being impressed until the movie ended and I watched some kid fall down on his way out.

THEN I was pissed that they totally changed gears to some drug smuggling (or whatever it was about). And WHAT do the gay boy and tyrese get to drive? The lame american lancer and the new eclipse spyder? lame. I like mitsubishi, but they were just pushing their two new cars (which were painted hyper ugly).

I could bitch on and on about how they could have chosen better carts (although the Yenko and that Dodge kicked ass.) Both of which were severely damaged or destroyed yes?

You're right the movie SHOULDN'T be taken as a street racing documentary........ but I still didn't like it as an action adventure movie. The only kicks I did get off of it was a few nice cars (before they started flying around) and making fun of everything else.

That's just my opinion. I'm not making fun of anyone who did like it though.... unless you really loved it. THEN, I say you suck.

1969Stang
Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   9:07 PM     

quote from phatmatt

After that I don't remember being impressed until the movie ended and I watched some kid fall down on his way out...................................................

HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH
roflmao.......hahahaha.............ah good times.

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   9:20 PM     

i'm usually the guy falling

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   9:47 PM     

Yeah, I agree the first one was better. It tended to focus more on the cars, albeit not very accurate. The second one was too much about the “scene.” I could give a shit about the scene, gimme the cars, (not gayed up to boot).

Also, the Lancer was actually a non-US EVO VII, i.e. kick ass without all that crap they threw on it.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Phatmatt

Re: I just finished watching 2F2F - READ AND THINK-   Posted Wed Sep 24, 03   10:37 AM     

really? I could have sworn someone told me it wasn't an EVO. That's cool then, although I think it would have looked cooler without the paintjob they gave it. I figured they'd have done what they did with that eclipse in the first one, it was a 14 second RS and not the sweet GS-T or hella sweet GSX.

I hated that the movie was barely about cars. I mean what the fuck? He recruits a bunch of criminals with fast cars because he needs a bunch of money picked up in a hurry. My ass, it'd take longer to recruit guys than to just go send one of your own guys. Maybe I didn't remember that movie very well but I don't think that they did much other than drive places in a hurry and then drive back for no apparent reason. AND That chick (who was ugly in my opinon.... I hate "beauty marks") gets romantically involved with that blonde homo? What stupid undercover agent would stay undercover THAT long and then fuck up because of some dumbshit guy?

anyway I'm probably just bitching about the same stuff I was before. I just didn't think it was even the same kind of movie as the first one and really offered me nothing. I would have been happier watching the first one over or watching all the cars do the 1/4 mile a few times. I didn't need the crazy computer animation (which I personally thought looked really fake).

enough bitching from me.

-Matt