This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11339

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   12:51 PM     

hrrrmmm.... maybe its had an engine swap or somethin then... or maybe it isn't actually a 92.... the car feels weird... the specs say it has its max power at 4600rpm, yet when you hammer it the engine feels like it dies down at about 4000... oh... and it says COBRA 5.0 HO on the upper intake...

is there a specific VIN code used for cobra mustangs? i can check the VIN if there's a specific code for it... or what about year code? i haven't seen the title, but it might not be a 92... i think 92 is what the guy told him, but he could have been wrong...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Satanismycopilot
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   2:24 PM     

if it was a 93 cobra your buddy would have paid at LEAST 12gs for one because most people either mod the hell out of em make em go real fast or keep em bone stock in the garage. a cobra motor swap is possible but its not hard to make a reg 5.0 to cobra specs.

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Sun Sep 7, 03   9:14 PM     

was prolly made to cobra specs... i think he only spent $5grand or so on the car... clock says it has 139k miles on it... i'll take a looksie at his title to see what year its titled as... i guess the previous owner could have just tried to make a cobra clone and built the engine to cobra specs and put cobra badges and i think it has the cobra rims on it? they're 17" rims... not normal mustang rims... look closer to the rims on C4 corvettes...

prolly a cobra clone... now i just gotta figure out the dyin out at 4grand problem... prolly just 140k miles does that to an engine.... oh well... lol...

thanks for all the info..

-Daniel

3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
BlownGTP

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   7:31 AM     

the problem at 4k rpm might be bormal, ive driven a couple of mustangs and they all seem to fall on their face at about 4,000 RPM.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
VW_Nut
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   12:58 PM     

Maybe just the upper intake was swapped out, I think they are the same bolt pattern as the standard 5.0.
Check the exhaust, especially the cats, could be restricted and the engine may be laboring once you hit 4 grand. If it has o2 sensors before the cats pull them out and drive it, then see how it feels.

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Satanismycopilot
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   3:33 PM     

no you can just bolt on the upper intake because the HO lower intake has rectangluar runners while the cobra is a GT40 style Tubular runner.

oh and yeah the cobra has 17" turbine rims. kinda like the tbird lx's

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   4:40 PM     

Did you mean can't or can? If the bolt pattern is the same and the thing seals, you "could" still bolt on the upper plenum but what if they put on the whole Cobra intake on a standard 5.0, is that feasible?

Satanismycopilot
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   8:20 PM     

i ment cant it was a typo.

the block used for the cobra is the same as the block used for the reg HO 5.0 in the mustang LX's and GT's

as long as you use both the up and lower intake putting the cobra intake is a quite common upgrade. like i said you cant mix and match because the standard HO intake both upper and lower intake are totally different from of the upper and lower intake of a cobra

like i said the Cobra upper intake is a GT40 style upper by the fact it uses tube shaped runner and that mates up directly to a GT40 lower intake. now if you were to buy a GT40 upper intake for your COBRA it would bolt right up. but beings inside they are almost the same there is no need. i cant fully explain it. the real major difference is the outside of the intake or appearence.

this is a gt 40 upper and lower intake
[External Image Removed]

this is a cobra upper and lower
[External Image Removed]

and the standard 5.0 HO intake looks almost just like this holly systmax in the shape of the runners
[External Image Removed]

so as you can see by the pics the cobra upper wouldnt bolt onto the HO lower and work well and vise versa

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Mon Sep 8, 03   9:36 PM     

his looks exactly like the second picture, only it says HO after it says cobra...

problem with 4grand may be somethin with the exhaust... pretty sure it has the stock exhaust... tryin to get him to hurry up and sell his crappy civic so he can spend the money on the 'stang... hehe... needs some better flowing headers and some flowmasters...

i'm beginning to think its a cobra clone.... it has the 17" turbine style wheels... c4 'vette was the only other car i could think of with wheels remotely close to these ones... hehe... gotta get him to look at the title and make sure its a 92 and not a 93... would be badass if he got a genuine 93 Cobra for what he paid for this car... lol... but i doubt he did...

hehe...

-Daniel

VW_Nut
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Tue Sep 9, 03   12:27 PM     

Thats what I thought on the typo, thanks for the pictures, makes it very clear now.

Phatmatt

Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Fri Sep 12, 03   12:32 PM     

No scanner you'll have to do without photos

98 Eagle Talon TSI AWD
-16 G Turbo (T3/T4 hybrid awaits installation)
-3" Pipe with Blitz muffler
-Spearco Front Mount (awaits installation)
-Preformance Intake
-Walbro fuel pump (Just Installed)
-Blitz SBC boost control
-ATC Clutch (thanks Mike)
-Fidanza Flywheel (thanks Mike)
- 50 hp of N20

94 Plymouth Voyager
-56mm throttlebody
-Underdrive pulley system
-cold plugs, wires.
-2.5" custom pipe
-Mitsubishi TD05H Turbo
-Intercooler from junked Conquest
-Holly fuel pump
-injectors from the Dodge Steath R/T
-75-100 horses of N20
-PLENTY of lost weight

hooyeah
Re: Post pics and details about your car   Posted Tue Sep 23, 03   12:33 AM     

nice to see some new faces without dicks in their asses oh well welcome to all the new guys

you can "consider" me new or you can look at my post count
decent civics by the way

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)