This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 15289

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
BlownGTP

Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:28 PM     

I want to build one this winter. Im thinking somthing with a GSXR 750 motor in it. I want to break 120 mph with ease.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
uglystick
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:34 PM     

go to google and search for 'shifter kart.' those are the f1 style go-karts that run 0-80-0 in under 4 seconds. they have sequential trannies and can be built at home. without the body they're not so expensive. the bodies cost BUCKS, and are functionally useless in my humble opinion.

a guy in town that i do graphics work for races them and they are seriously brutal, so good in terms of cornering that you have to wear a kevlar vest to avoid having your ribs broken by the four point harness.

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   2:48 PM     

Nope never built a go kart, but ive built a Go-Ped, the one i ride casually. Its pretty modded, but nto enough to break your speed.It is possible , but would cost abotu a thousand bucks for the motor. Mine is a G230RC motor, with a PPC Pipe, 3 ball bearing support, a 725 spindle, adn a bore and stroker kit, peds are damn dangerous though.

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
LS4_454
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Wed Sep 3, 03   7:33 PM     

That should be nice and very acheivable. A single cylinder briggs motor can propel a 250lb Jr Dragster to 85mph in just a eigth mile and they are making around 50hp. What is that 750, around 80-100?
Could be death trap, be careful.

BlownGTP

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   8:01 AM     

im going to look for an older 750 so it should be at about 100 hp. It should fly. And yes, it could be a death trap but fun as hell. its just a thought right now but i hope to actually do it.

MrPeabody

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   9:53 AM     

Guy around here races carts. He has a 125 in his, and that thing scares the shit out of him. He's been racing for forever to. I can't imagine a 750...

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
uglystick
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   11:22 AM     

gtp, don't try to reinvent the wheel, you'll end up killing yourself. get a lil yamahammer or briggs style kart engine and build it. the balance of the kart will be far better. now, if you want to put a gsxr engine on a lil rail and take it to the drags, that'd be fun!!

jason

Cat'n'Mouse - '85 Jaguar XJ-S w/ SBC 383 Stroker; Moon Cross Ram Quad Sidedraft 45DCOE Webers; TCI 700R4; 2200 Stall; Dana 44 Indy Rear Axle w/ 2.88:1 Gears & Powr-Lok Posi; Goal: 185mph.
BlownGTP

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   11:43 AM     

ill find the link to the go kart vid i saw, its called the GIXER-CART. you will see why i want one.

BlownGTP

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   11:55 AM     

http://www.edgefield.k12.sc.us/jjw/bike/gixxerkart.wmv

Check it out, its pretty crazy. this video made me want to build one.

jonorme
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   1:53 PM     

That looks like a hell of a lot of fun!

uglystick
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   2:27 PM     

first off, that vid was made at the nurburgring, one of the toughest tracks in the world. those dudes are employees of the track, you do the math. they're probably better race car drivers than we have in the united states, period.

with that in mind, that thing STILL looks like a lethal weapon. shifter karts do the same thing, but they're much more balanced. you're playin with fire, that's all i'm sayin!

jason

Rx_otary_Se7en

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   5:05 PM     

Karts are dangerous as well as peds and other "recreational" vehicles. I cant imagine rolling a go kart....that would be funny to see though..

Feel the power fo the new Renesis Rotar engine.
[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   7:39 PM     

Just started downloadin that video... should be done in a couple minutes... servers goin slow... only downloadin at 75k/sec... hehe...

friend of mine and I were thinkin about buildin a motorcycle-powered go-kart... were gonna use a 250cc 2cycle engine... friend is out the ass rich so maybe we'll still be able to build one and build a shifter kart.... would be fun as hell drivin down the street in a go-kart doin 100mph... lol... and the best thing is he also builds fiberglass boats so we can mold our own body

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   8:46 PM     

man... just watched the video a while ago.... that thing is WICKED fast... lol... makes me want a shifter kart....

now how about a turbo gixxer750.... hrrrmmm....

*ponders**

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
VW_Nut
Re: Anyone ever build a go cart?   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   1:08 PM     

Especially with you driving it! LoL

There is no substitute for cubic inches, except for cubic centimeters!
Pages in this thread: (1) 2