This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10355

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
Driftninja

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Mon Aug 18, 03   11:55 AM     

and a neon!?! i hope its not really a neon and you mean srt-4. haha jk man i had to say that but honestly i was jk.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
MrPeabody

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Mon Aug 18, 03   1:07 PM     

Hehehe, doesn't matter if it's a tube framed race built car, it's still a neon chadwick

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Wed Aug 27, 03   8:27 PM     

well... the GN motor, from what i've heard, is weird to fit in the fiero engine bay... everyone that i've seen working on that swap is doing it longitudinally...

about the 3800 SII SC... I got a ride in a friend of mine's fiero with that engine and a 3.4 pulley and a couple other mods (dont remember all of 'em) and was runnin 12?lbs of boost out of the supercharger... that thing was WICKED fast, but i would rather do the 3.4TDC Turbo project... also with the 3800 you have to deal with ODBII and since it is ODBII you can't just reprogram the chip, but you have to buy a new ECM or somethin to remove the rev and speed limitter and fix it up for a manual tranny... and from what kevin said its expensive $$$...

I have big plans in the future for the turbo 3.4TDC...

I've been talkin to jason and from his advice and such what i'm gonna do is get a good low-mileage engine and upgrade the fuel system and run a small turbo with about 8lbs of boost while I save $$$ to rebuild the engine with forged pistons, racing rods, re-grind the cams and build it to rev to 8500 or so and run either a twin turbo system or this one turbo jason was tellin me about that i can't find that has two exhaust inlets for V engines or somethin...

I dont know much about CCs for injectors... as i said, i'm new to fuel injection and turbos... i'm gonna buy Max Boost by Corky Belle as soon as i can... but for now all i know about injectors is flow rate and i'm not sure exactly what jason and i had decided upon, it might have been 30-some-odd lb/hr injectors and a fuel pressure regulator and a fuel pump out of a C4 corvette... later on i'm gonna get a haltech ECM, but those are expensive... hehe...

Hehe... I would ask more turbo questions... but honestly i dont know enough to know what to ask... lol...

what turbo would you recommend for a 3.4L Twin Dual Cam V6?

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
1969Stang
Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Wed Aug 27, 03   11:40 PM     

dude....just go with the l67 swap....btw almost bought a fiero the otherday.....87 gt i belive.....4 speed 2.8....and now i have a whole lot of fiero performance spots on my favorites......but go with the series 2 3.8....wicked when you get 380hp out of it...not hard from what i hear......damn that would be mean in your fiero.

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
Driftninja

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   3:17 AM     

either a t3/t04e or a custom 18g. (there are so many possibilities, im just saying what i would do and what i feel would be the best)

i hear it is not that hard to convert the obd-II to an obd-I. thats what we have planned for my buddy if he ends up buying a '98 gsr.

twin dual cam? is that like... 4 cams... haha oh and by the way i did a little research for you and im sure you would need nothing bigger than 550cc injectors for any fiero application. any bigger would just be a complete waste of power(im saying if you go more power than what 550's are good for)

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
BlownGTP

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Thu Aug 28, 03   7:42 AM     

you want to keep expenses down but you want to customize a turbo for the 3.4? That sounds like more money to me. The D.H.P. Pcm for the series 2 can be bought brand new for $350 and that drops the speed limiter and does everything you would want.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Fri Aug 29, 03   5:39 PM     

As I said... the L67 swap just doesn't really apeal to me... I rode in my friend's 3800 Supercharged fiero thats makin around 300 horses at the crank and its a fun ride, but i dont really want to take on that swap. Was a fun car and everything, but I think I can make more horsepower with the 3.4 TDC with a Turbo and for a lot less $$$...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Fri Aug 29, 03   5:44 PM     

the T3/T04E is what i've been lookin at...

how much power would a 550cc injector be good for? I'm lookin to get probably around 300-350 horsepower out of what i have dubbed my "Stage 1" system... hehe...

hehe... and ya... Twin Dual Cam is 4 cams... it has 2 cams per bank and since its a V engine it has 2 banks... hehe... that engine makes around 215 horsepower stock and desktop dyno has been tellin me i can get around 350 horsepower with 8lbs of boost and an intercooler with a T04 turbo...

Do you know of any junkyard cars I could pull that kind of turbo off of or would it be best i get one off ebay or somethin? (I dont think i'll be runnin enough boost to buy a $2000 brand new T04 turbo or whatever)

Thanks...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Fri Aug 29, 03   5:50 PM     

It would actually be cheaper to do the custom turbo setup and I can get more power out of it for cheaper than a 3800 Supercharged setup... Kevin spent around $2500 on his swap (about 5grand total on his car, but that also includes some body work and paint)... also it seems to me that most of the L67s run around $1200 and up, I've seen some low milage 3.4TDCs for $550... Also with the custom turbo the main expense for me would be the turbo because I can fabricate pretty much everything else and I can get a Supra intercooler for around $50 or less on ebay or at a junkyard... and when lookin at the big picture I can get more horsepower for less $$ out of the turbo'd 3.4 than the 3800....

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Driftninja

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Sat Aug 30, 03   5:30 PM     

ive said it before and ill say it again, turbo>supercharger.

i would check on ebay, thats sounds like it would be ok. 550cc would be more than enough for that much hp. just keep looking around. check the classifieds on other forums. my buddy robert just sold his t3/t4 kit. 1,800 i think is what he sold it for w/ intercooler. pretty decent intercooler too, not sure if i can remember the exact specs but it was something like 10x4x38. it was huge.

[External Image Removed]
[External Image Removed]
'89 RX7
'91 Integra
'92 Ranger
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Thu Sep 4, 03   8:57 PM     

Ok... more questions... hehe...

y'all know anything about twin turbo systems? are there really any advantages to them? i've heard you can get more power out of a single turbo, but i've also heard you can get more reliable power out of a twin turbo setup... what do y'all think of twin turbos? would smaller turbos be needed for a twin turbo, or the same T3/T04e for the 3.4?

drift - do you know how many #/hr 550cc injectors are?

I'm lookin for somewhere I can get Maximum Boost for pretty cheap so i can learn more about all this turbo stuff, but for now all i have are the few forums i post on, except for the fiero forum... tryin to keep the project kinda secret from the fiero community 'til i have it runnin... hehe... **ssshhhh**

how efficient are the A-A intercoolers out of a toyota supra? (those are air to air, right?) What other kind of intercooler do y'all think would work well with a ram-air setup to help cooling since I can't mount it in front?

Thanks for all the help... heh...

-Daniel

3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Satanismycopilot
Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Fri Sep 5, 03   1:34 PM     

hey gor i just remembered another turbo engine gm made why dont u use the 4.3 V6 turbo from a Syclone/Typhoon.

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   7:18 AM     

My dad has a 92 typhoon. Truck is bad ass!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Turbo Questions..... :)   Posted Sat Sep 6, 03   6:00 PM     

The 4.3 has a different bolt pattern for the bell-housing on the tranny... I would need to buy V8 adapter plates to run the 4.3, and if i'm buyin V8 adapter plates, a V8 is goin back there.... lol...

but ya... looked into that swap... not really worth it...

anyone know about twin turbo setups?

-Daniel

3.4L Twin Dual OverHead Cam T3/T04e Hybrid Turbo + Intercooler with whale tail ram air spoiler fire-breathing Fiero of Death
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)