This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 5892

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Phatmatt

Long time no read.   Posted Wed Jul 23, 03   10:37 PM     

Yeah well it's been a crazy while since I've last spoke to you. I got an e-mail from Jason and thought, "I SHOULD get back there and talk!" So here I am with an update.

Bad News: Actually my dad and I did NOT get that Duster or Charger I was talking about. The van lost to a Camaro SS two weeks ago. AND finally I was riding in my girlfriends Buick and was hit on the passengers side by a drunk driver. He was in a Geo Metro and died.

Good News: My father and I had a 2nd garage put in behind the house. My new 1998 Talon Tsi AWD lives there now (7000 bucks!!!), AND our new project car (A DIFFERENT DUSTER!!!!! although it's a mess right now). The van has become some sort of local god. somehow rumors of it have spread and people come from far and wide to race her. I've been making TONS of money off of kids who want to race me (usually about 150 extra bucks a weekend).

So far the Duster is well.... running. The Talon I got from some kid who lost to the van. He's had it lightened somewhat, put some NICE black paint on it, sweet lights, and replaced the stock turbo with a 16G. It's got electronics out the ass though. fuel and boost computers and a soundsystem that could kill a man (sold it and then put in a system that is MUCH lighter and to my tastes... I still had 300 bucks left over too.) I'd wadger that the car ran low 14s, maybe high 13s, when I got it. The kid was in a hurry to lose because he and his rich family were moving. ... oh and he was promised a 2002 Mustang GT. But anyway his loss/gain are my gain. SO I've been VERY busy since then. Here's the run down on it now:

-Front-mount intercooler from Greddy
-3" Custom Exhaust (already on the car)
-Warlbro Fuel Pump
-550cc injectors
-T3/T4 Turbo Hybrid
-ACT 2600lb plate
-Limited Slip (currently NOT bought)
-Forged Pistons(currently NOT bought)
-Fidanza Flywheel (Already on car)
-NX Single Fogger (already on car... currently not on car)
-AEM Brakes (already on the car)
-A'pexi AFC (already on the car)
-Blitz SBC i-D (already on the car)
-CRAPLOAD of AutoMeter guages (already on the car)
* already on car refers to when it was purchased from the previous owner. I did NOT have to buy these parts.

A lot of this stuff is new to me. The cars not together right now and it's taking me a while to get things right, but i'm not worried at all. i'm just trying to make sure I do everything just right. Anyway, it' s good to be back.

MrPeabody

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Wed Jul 23, 03   11:10 PM     

Matt! Thank God you're here. This sight sucks ass lately. Way to go on the Talon! I've been contemplating getting a 1st gen Talon. My pops is gonna drive the Z and i'm looking for a new project/commuter. Anywho, good to hear from ya, try to stick around

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
BlownGTP

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   7:29 AM     

Hows the bike doing?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT! http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   2:04 PM     

badass man... glad yer back... hehe...

them talon TSi's can be made to SCREAM... i've seen a few of 'em that were wicked fast... hehe....

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   3:33 PM     

Yup, has bin a little dull round here lately, people just not posting as much i guess.
but yeah, welcome back. thanks for the shitload of news

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Phatmatt

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   10:33 PM     

the bike is doing fine. I actually feel pretty comfortable on her. I think that it WAS probably a bit much for me to start out with.

Honestly I do prefer cars. you can't really take any of your guy friends on a bike, and my girlfriend pisses herself anytime I go faster than 25. But it's nice because somedays I just hop on and drive. It's in the hands of my father now (although still technically mine). I just can't afford to have it AND the new Talon on the insurance together. Too much $ I'm sure I COULD pay it all, but I really don't want to try. Besides my dad likes to ride it too, although he bitches and says, "It IS really fast, but it's still not a Harley."

BlownGTP

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   7:29 AM     

yea, its better than a p.o.s. harley. Im sick of those damn things. we have the 100th anniversery coming up here in milwaukee and im already hearing the pieces of crap.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   9:08 PM     

Harleys are nice cruisers and all... but i'd rather have the corners of my mouth peeled back in a smile from ear to ear from the g-forces on the street bike... hehe... i want a street bike so bad... hehe... friend's 'busa just SCREAMS... damn thing dont turn well... but in the straights its INSANE...

and ya... its hard to give guy friends rides on yer bike without lookin gay... hehe...

glad yer back matt... i might have some turbo questions comin up for you and jason... hehe...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Phatmatt

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   10:17 PM     

Well the other day we were out together and he was like screwing with me on his sportser and I was I like "fine bitch, deal with it." and blew by him. He has about a zillion times more respect for the bike now. He took it out that same day and I think really let it lose I think because he had the BIGGEST smile on his face. He's getting older though and I don't think that speed is all important to him anymore. I mean Harleys are nice and the classics ARE works of art, but the new super sports are just so much better. I can't see paying so much more for a Harley when it does so much less. Although the bikes DO seem to last forever.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   7:42 PM     

whenever i want a cruizer bike, i wanna get a Orange County Chopper... those're badass... hehe...

but for now i just want SPEED... hehe...

and if that speed comes in the small package of a Turbocharged Suzuki GSXR750, I'll just have to live with that

but i can't get a bike.... can't afford the insurance... so i'll just have to settle for my fiero project... altho it won't be near as fast as a bike... heh...

-Daniel

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
SweetNeon

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   7:51 PM     

occ aint shit, they have other people fab shit for them

BlownGTP

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   7:25 AM     

well, im enjoying Hoisting some nice wheelies (witch im finally getting good at) and laying the bike down into tight turns. thats why i like my sportsbike. Pepole always say "you got that bike to look good for the ladies" I say, well 1. i have a gilr and 2. I like to ride out in the middle of nowhere where there are no girls.

SweetNeon

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   7:53 AM     

so when are you going to post a vid of you doing a wheely on a chezzy bike?

BlownGTP

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   9:41 AM     

well dipshit, if i knew how to post a video, i would. You dont have to get all bent out of shape because i have an ability you dont.

SweetNeon

Re: Long time no read.   Posted Mon Jul 28, 03   9:50 AM     

lol, just send the vid to one of the guys on here they will host it

Pages in this thread: (1) 2