This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7653

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
MrPeabody

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   10:32 PM     

Well, I don't think you have too much to worry about, regardless of what GTP says. I've talked to many DSM owners, and know the president of a Texas DSM chapter, and it comes down to this. The main reason DSM's are problematic is because they have this huge potential for performance, kids get them than start adding part after part from some magazine, without taking into consideration the effects it will have on the car, i.e. boom.

No, they aren’t as reliable as a Honda, but then again, not many cars are Just make sure any recalls were taken care of, and read up on known problems. Take care of it, and change that oil every 3000 miles or less and you should be set with one sweet car that hauls ass

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   9:02 PM     

hehe... man.. .fieros are badass... and i'm not goin "fiero fiero fiero" goped boy

hehe...

just tryin to grant interest in the neat little car

**insert evil laugh here**

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   9:04 PM     

dude... matt... the TSi's are badass cars... hehe... AWD is fun and my friends that have talons dont ever have problems... i never heard they were problematic...
but that dont mean a whole lot... i dont hear a lot of things... lol...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Phatmatt

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Sat Jul 26, 03   10:33 PM     

Well as far as I know there WAS something wrong with MANY of the brass plugs in the center of the transfer case yoke. The previous owner said that he already took care of it. I'm still going to check it out though.

AND about the crankwalk, some people are complaining about this happening to many older DSMs and newer modified DSMs. EVEN a few stock 2nd gen cars had this happen to them. HOWEVER this doesn't seem to be the case with that many and it only seems to be happening to higher milage cars. I'll be looking on WAY more information about this, but I'm really not that worried right now.

MrPeabody

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Sun Jul 27, 03   12:00 AM     

Crankwalk applies to mainly 2nd gens, though I guess there's been a risk since 92.5 when they changed to the weaker motors. Just get the transfer case checked, and have a shop check out the crank play, you should be set then.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Milk

Re: Advice for a younger you?   Posted Wed Aug 20, 03   11:36 AM     

hah....that is sorta like my plan
but im 13.....hehe
if he wants a "good looking" car....i would get an E30 3 series BMW (e30 is the generation when it was made from 1985 i think to 1992)
u can get some nice exterior styling from Rieger or M-Tech...lots of stuff
join www.maxbimmer.com for BMW stuff its a cool forum...say the the "refferer" was "///Milk" w.o the quotes

I like BMWs
Pages in this thread: 1 (2)