This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1952

jonorme
Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   1:37 PM     

This is a car featured on this weeks top gear (It's a TV programme in the UK) It has; NO engine, drivetrain or pedals, its fueled by a mixture of hydrogen and oxygen, you twist the steering grips to go and sqeeze them to brake, it uses mini TV screens as rear view and side mirrors, you can change the body to a pick-up, convertable etc, and all of its technology is in its 11inch thick chassis.
Currently it is worth an amazing 4million english pounds!

Here's the address with some pics:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/prog19/hywire.shtml

kula

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Fri Jul 18, 03   10:18 AM     

That car was a little.... different if you ask me. Some good ideas though.
The one car that really kicked arse was the motorbike/car, three wheeler thing that had a cockpit and a wheel out front like a bike. But when you turned, the cockpit leant over for better cornering & the harder you did the steering, the more lean it had.

Now that thing rocked!

- Mike
jonorme
Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Fri Jul 18, 03   2:09 PM     

Yeh that was kewl, i thought it was funny when he got in the back lol

DieselGoPed

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Sat Jul 19, 03   2:19 AM     

Thats no new, jeremy mclarkson was testing them on his show when i was eight.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
kula

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Sun Jul 20, 03   11:17 AM     

This is my partner, and also my lover.... thats still a classic. But those ones that you remember from yonks back were jus concepts where as this one is going into limited production. Plus the old ones wouldnt do the lean thing unless you turned very hard and got into trouble, then they would!

- Mike
jonorme
Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Sun Jul 20, 03   2:39 PM     

I only managed to see a bit of this weeks show, i thought that new cadillac was pretty cool, V-16!, 1000bhp!

DieselGoPed

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Mon Jul 21, 03   3:46 AM     

a v-16 and its only got 1000bhp?
jeez. You can get a v-10 or a v-12 to have a thousand horses if you know what youre doing. And you have a lot of money

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   1:47 PM     

well that Cadillac 16, as its called, is supposed to come from the factory with 1000bhp... i posted a thread about it earlier in the year right after the detroit car show... do a search for cadillac 16 and you'll prolly find it in the general forum...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
MrPeabody

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Thu Jul 24, 03   2:39 PM     

Yeah, turns out it will be a no-go. They might build something smaller, probobly not though.

-Ben

1970 Datsun 240Z

[External Image Removed]
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Do you want to be driving THIS in 20 years?   Posted Fri Jul 25, 03   9:00 PM     

ahhhwww.... that sux... i was lookin forward to stealing... *cough* i mean looking at the C16

hehe...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero