This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1699

tunermonkey
w00t! new toy!   Posted Fri Jul 11, 03   9:30 PM     

Well, the other day I started a new job working for Ford. Well anyways, I was driving my wife to work and this guy pulls up next to us at a stoplight and says he has a neon for sale, his wife wrecked it and he wants $500 for it.

so we finally get around to going to the guy's place to check it out. emerald green 97 sedan, sohc atx... "slight" front end damage.... pass side fender, bumper, supports, pass side headlight, hood... all smashed up. Radiator is also pushed inwards. No damage to the engine, the rest of the body is immaculate.

Well, we get talking and he says he wants $300, he just wants it out of his driveway. We tell him sure, but we need a lil bit to scrape together the money.... then he tells us we can just take it and pay him a little while down the road... a very trustworthy fellow.

So anyways, we're going to pick it up tomorrow, so long as we can find someone with a truck to help us tow it home (starter wouldn't even click, most likely cut wire or something minor) and it's going to become our dedicated all out race car.... not bad for $300.

Just thought I'd share our good fortune.

SweetNeon

Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Fri Jul 11, 03   10:38 PM     

4 door neon race car ehhhhh just tell me when ya wanta race for sum money =), do you need extra body parts? a hood, lights ect, bumper ect?

tunermonkey
Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   8:25 AM     

I'll let you know what we need once we get it running and over at our place. by the looks of things, the starter's no good... part of the housing is cracked. Power and ground are good. Fuel pump and aux. all turn on, just the starter won't even click.... with a good battery from the other neon.

Here's a few pics:

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

[External Image Removed]

Not too bad for 300 bones, huh?

SweetNeon

Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   9:59 AM     

wellllllllllllll i hope your planing on fixing that core support your self or your gona be in the car deeeeeeeeeeeeep

SweetNeon

Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   10:05 AM     

its hard to imagion my interior use to look like that

Satanismycopilot
Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   7:39 PM     

pretty nice looking house you go there

Re: w00t! new toy!   Posted Sun Jul 13, 03   7:52 PM     

looks like la quinta