This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 6230

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
uglystick
Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   7:43 PM     

Welp,

I'm finally getting around to some serious aftermarket EFI purchasing & building. I need to find a forum that will help me with these crazy impulses of mine. Someplace that can answer questions like this:

1. with an 8 throttle individual runner induction system, how can i plumb a working iac system?

2. what kinds of ms delays are incurred when reading logged wide band o2 sensor data? if i'm to rely on this data to program my fuel map, how much delay should i account for?

etc...actually quite the boring shit it looks...

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:46 PM     

well with my itb fi set up i taped in to each runner, ran a line from each runner to a custom box that held my iac, BUT i dont know how good it will work cuz i havent ran the motor yet but thats my thoughts

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:50 PM     

well, that seems to be the consensus. shit, the guys at twm use poly hoses off each tb into a vacuum accumulator that goes to MAP & Brake Vac Booster, but they didn't have an iac on that system, seems rational though.

what's that on the neon? sounds fun. whose injectors are you running. heard anything about who venom buys theirs from? they're matched to .5% of flow per min. up to 520cc/min. but rc is still the public favorite.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:53 PM     

oh one other thing, does your iac draw from your airbox or from its own filter? and what model/type is it, what kind of manifold do you use for it (or is it self contained)?

sorry for all the questions, i just haven't seen many of the options out there when it comes to idle control. just bmw and mopar...and mopar's plumbs right into the oem tb casting.

j

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:54 PM     

the neon has individual throtlebodys, i havent picked the injectors yet because im not finished with the head work or the block

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   8:57 PM     

ain't that a bitch. that's right about where i'm at with the bimmer. seems like it'll be forever. never have the time. hence my decision to individual throttle a finished 383 stroker i know of....

with a haltech ;-)

i can't wait to get some parts in the mail...intake's on the way as of tomorrow.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:02 PM     

doesnt draw from a airbox or a filter, its the factory iac, its a fabed 2.4 manifold ( just a few inches of the runners) with custom factory tb's on the end

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:04 PM     

hmm, so when it allows extra air into the manifold via the tubes, where does it get said air from?

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:04 PM     

still got that elco? what year was it? i just bought me a 69 =) i should have pictures of it to post tomarrow

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:08 PM     

yup. it's losing its engine and tranny to the jaguar. want to buy a double pumper and a rpm air gap intake? ;-) they'll be for sale soon...

we're going to put a big block in the elco. with a two speed dedenbehr powerglide prolly.

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:10 PM     

na i gota extra dual quad set up im gona throw on it just for looks

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:12 PM     

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

edelbrock c26 or a high rise?

jason

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:13 PM     

so high like a hooker in july

uglystick
Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:14 PM     

even nicer........

j

SweetNeon

Re: Aftermarket EFI questions...   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:15 PM     

im talking about the manifold of course =P

Pages in this thread: (1) 2