This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11692

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3  
DuckY
Hi   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   4:18 PM     

Hey all my name is Ld. new here yeah go me anyways just thought id say hi. as soon as im old enough i wanna street race. it seems hella awsome. and i here its a mad rush so yeah. anyways Peace

uglystick
Re: Hi   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   5:22 PM     

type in street race into the search engine here and read my replies to people like you.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Hi   Posted Thu Jun 19, 03   7:02 PM     

hella dude aint heard that word since like the 80's werd up sucka

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   12:34 AM     

Kind of funny how the site is called Coachella Street Racing and most board members are against street racing. That's because we know the ugly side to it. It's not all fun and games. People die and go to jail because of it. The best place to race is the track, but, if you do street race, make it you and a bud or two, away from traffic and away from cities...

-Ben

Edited by MrPeabody (Fri Jun 20, 03   12:34 AM)

uglystick
Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   11:41 AM     

hehehe...and the other reason we scold people is because they make serious street racers look bad and give those of us with low profile approaches to the subject a very bad name.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DuckY
Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   3:58 PM     

uglystick youautomatically asume i am just a kid that wants to do it because its cool. In some aspect you're right but not really. I want to race because it's something i can do that no one else i know does. It's something that no one would ever expect from me. I have always been thought of as the little girl. I am tired of being thought of like that. Im not little and i will do what i want to. It's not that i want to street race i just want to race. Oh and i have a question for you. Do you always come off as such a dick?

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbisul. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and Fall as well.
SweetNeon

Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   5:45 PM     

just because you want to be different isn't a reason to start reckless driving and having a chance of losing control and running your ass in to some one like me

Stryker
Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   6:04 PM     

Sweetneon always comes off as a dick, yes. And jason *uglystick* does when it comes to 14 year olds who watch fast and furious and say 'I wanna do that...Drive an 80 thousand dollar eclipse that'll run 10 seconds in a 10 mile race!!!!'
Come to think of it, if you think they are dicks, you're gonna HATE Me...
Lemme go over a few things with ya, k? Just bear with me...

1) Girls always wanna race because they wanna impress guys and guys wanna race cause they wanna impress girls. The difference? Most guys do somethin girls don't...WATCH others race. A 16 year old girl getting her license will just pull up to a light, ram the throttle, and not watch what she's doin, and end up hitting an 80 year old couple with their grandkids who are pulling onto the road in front of them. I'm not sayin guys don't do this, but it's less common...And for some reason us guys get stuck with higher insurance cause we are 'more likely to race' riiiight. Remember this before you decide to street race cause it's so kewl.

2) If a cop catches you racing, you loose your car period *it's not just that way in cali, but many other states as well*. Street racing is not just defined as 'first to the 1/4 mile mark wins' by cops and by most state and local laws. In most states and counties racing is defined as "...any contest of speed and/or power to a pre-determined point either being A: the speed limit B: a certain point *can be a city block up, or the next street light, or a determined distance*..." In case that went right over your head it means that even if you just race up to 35 MPH and the speed limit is 40, you still get busted.

3) Street racing is dangerous not only for the people in your vehicle *yourself included* but the person in the next vehicle over, the other cars on the road, and any pedestrians that are present. Be smart. Use the track. If you can't afford 20 bux a week then get a better job or find a less expensive hobbie.
Ok...I think I've put in my .02 cents in this matter. And seeing as you are a girl and not even 16 yet, I was a lot nicer to you than I am to most people.

Please keep in mind that we are not discouraging you from visiting this site. It's always nice to see some fresh blood around here. You can learn a LOT. I know I have. Jason *aka uglystick* can teach you a hell of a lot if you are willing to listen. We have some smart people, as well as some smartasses *cough hooyeah cough*

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end...
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole...
My other ride is your daughter
MrPeabody

Re: Hi   Posted Fri Jun 20, 03   10:39 PM     

Well aside from descriminating against her being a girl, you made some good points.

And if we're going to be deeming smartasses, i'd say you're leading in that category stryker

For the n00ber. I'd recommend spending every moment you can researching cars and all their aspects. Find out what makes them tick, and how to make them tick faster the right way, i.e. not a fart cannon and a spoiler on your mom's Accord There's allot of people on here that know thier shit, so listen up, you'll learn allot

-Ben

Stryker
Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   12:02 AM     

haha. I'm not a smartass. I'm an asshole...There's a difference. And I wasn't discriminating...It's just a simple fact...Most chicks can't drive *this doesn't include sweetdevil*

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
When I step on the gas, I want people to think the world is coming to an end...
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole...
My other ride is your daughter
Satanismycopilot
Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   10:41 AM     

no stryker thats called a Blanket Statement which is usually an extremly biased statement...most chicks can drive....just ALOT cant and those are the ones you here about which gives u the opinion that girls cant drive becausae you never hear on the news "today a woman succesfully drove from her house to wal mart 5 towns over"

Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   3:39 PM     

i dont know about you but the majority of the time i go out racing its to show my skill of knowing how to build a car and take home a good ammount of $$, your all most as bad as she is when you say your only out there to impress chicks with your fucking lame ass meatball light driveing underage ass pealing out at every light to make your self think your car does some thing faster then a 19 sec 1/4 mile dumbass
.you said IF A COP CATCHES YOU RACING, YOU LOOSE YOUR CAR PERIOD, thats fucking bull shit and i know it first hand, i have been ticketed for racing many times and once i had 4 cop cars surrounding my car with 1 filming every thing from my drag slicks to my lexon windows to covering every inch of my direct port wet system and have yet to get my car impounded so if you dont know what the fuck your talking about dont speak idiot, you have no right to tell her remember this before you decide to street race cause its so kewl when you do it your self, and dont tell me thats not true becuase you race your slow ass daily driver lame truck

MrPeabody

Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   5:37 PM     

Hey, Chad just owned stryker.
And you're right, you probobly know more about racing than Stryker, and probobly me, but that still doesn't make you better than me even though i'm sure you believe it to be true But at least I don't make assumptions and act like an ass. *Waits for Stryker to come up with some backpedeling argument to Chad's post*

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   5:51 PM     

girls can't drive huh stryker? for some reason i get the feeling it's actually the opposite yeah i joke about girls not being able to drive but truth is guys are more agressive drivers face it we have bigger egos than anything

yeah you can race jsut cuz you're a girl means shit but you have to make the effort to race responsibly not stupidly, why you race is up to you how big of an idiot you are is also up to you

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Gorgoth3k1

Re: Hi   Posted Sat Jun 21, 03   10:27 PM     

Man.. I was at the AutoX just a couple weeks ago and them chicks can DRIVE... they get in their suped up freakin little miatas and kick everyone's ass... hehe... now... i also have 3 female friends in particular that I make call me whenever they're going to get on the road so i can make sure i'm NOT driving anywhere... those three are INSANE drivers... especially the blonde... she needs her liscense taken away...

but on the matter of street racing... if you wanna learn and such.. go to a racing school... i told another kid some time ago the same thing.. but go to a racing school... spend a little money and get some experience behind the wheel on a TRACK driving 180mph+... now most of your street cars won't go that fast, but a lot of the training you get driving that fast will really help you out driving at or around the speed limit... but if you want to race look into your local tracks... i know the closest drag strip to me costs $10 to race and thats with ambulances and fire trucks already there and no other traffic on the track while you're racing... just a few days ago i was watching the news and some idiot left the theatre after seeing fast and the furious 2 and killed 70-some-odd year old man because the idiot blew threw a red light drivin 80+mph in a 40mph zone and t-boned the man who was makin a left turn in his camry...

if you drive like an idiot, either you're gonna get hurt or you're gonna hurt someone else... either that or you'll be spendin a lot of time in the court room and a lot of $$$ payin off speeding tickets... now... i also saw somethin on 20/20 or Dateline or one of them news shows similar to that about cops challengin teenagers to races at the tracks... i've been tryin to get the local PD to do somethin like that over here because one, it would take care of a lot of the street racing and two drag racing cops would be hella fun... hehe...

anywho... thats a long winded reply and such... so... ya...

-Daniel

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3