This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 11692

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
hooyeah
Re: Hi   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   4:25 PM     

jsut one tihng to add to what gor said if you're driving like an idiot and kill yourself you deserve it if you kill someone else you deserved the first choice as well

thats the sad thing it seems the guilty party always lives

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: Hi   Posted Sun Jun 22, 03   5:50 PM     

yeah, welcome to the site ducky. but i kinda agree with gor there. i think thast why id like to get a 50cc crosser when I'm 16, they have a top speed of 70 i think, and if im stupid, ive got more chance of killing myself than some innocent bystander. plus this is wales (mountains, trees, generally nice scenery and insane off road) anyway, the pople who drive like idiots and kill someone else but survive themselves generlley ( that how u spell it? i dunno) go away for quite a while. judges in britain are strict on road laws.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
uglystick
Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   12:19 PM     

yup. i come off as a dick.

that might be because i had to pick up my best friend on christmas eve after he launched his car 90 feet off an embankment and into a river, where it caught fire and almost killed him.

and he's got an scca race license and 7 years of road racing experience. the wrong conditions anda the wrong place at the wrong time almost killed him. imagine what it'd do to someone who knows nothing of driving a moderately powerful car to the edge of its abilities.

nuff said. i might come off as a dick, but i'd be the first person to help educate your sorry ass if you'd keep your ears open and mouth shut long enough to learn something.

you want my advice right now? before you start 'racing,' build yourself a capable automobile from the ground up. get a subscription to grassroots motorsports magazine and find an old car with a straight body and good, simple, options in terms of modifications.

i've been over this 100 times on this board. click 'search' and start digging and you'll find at least 8 good ideas that meet the above criteria.

jason
"Learn to swim"

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   1:16 PM     

Amen. Learn to walk before you run. Simple enough.

DuckY
Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   1:40 PM     

i really dont agree with you when you say that girls cant race. And if they cant then guys cant. More often than not guys are pig headed and they feel they have something to prove. Yeah i'll admit im trying to prove something in racing but i also want to do it because I want to. And i have been out on the track and i have raced being 14 has nothing to do with it when i was out there. When i was driving i didnt give a fuck what any one else thought. The rush i got it was incredible and i want to feel like that all the time. Thats why i am going to race. And yeah if i do get killed i did fucking deserve it. It would be my fault. Hell it'd prolly be considered suicide but who the fuck cares? I love racing and i want to do soemthing i love. Im not going to turn out like other people. I want to live my life while i can. And racing would be an awsome thing to do. And I am going to do it.

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbicile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and Fall as well.
GotRiceBitch

Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   2:06 PM     

I'm gonna spare my thoughts on that last post. Just sounds like another kid who saw hollywood glorifying something stupid, dangerous and illegal and thought it was cool. I'll tell ya, after red and I got cornered in the Audi in Indio one night at 3am, I didn't feel like repeating the encounter and stopped going out to the races. A runin with law enforcement is enough to deter me and make me want to take it to a track with safety teams in place and no other traffic around to pose potential problems, I.E. killing someone innocent who might have been taking their kids out for ice cream or something. We've seen a couple nasty wrecks because of racing out here on the roads of MT because we have lots of wide open county with straight, newly paved backroads.. and believe it or not, innocent people are still getting killed. Idiots, I tell you.. idiots.

Today for example, I was on I-90 in the middle of BFE driving home from Butte, and I was in the slow lane doing 85 (and mindfully watching onramps for any potential chippers hanging around with radars for lack of anything better to do), and some asswipe in a grand am comes up on my tail.. literally only inches from my bumper trying to push me to go faster. Hello, there's something called a passing lane, and it's free and clear for you to go around me if you're in such a rush, but I don't feel like getting nailed for doing 100+ in a 75. So after about 10 miles of this asshole tailgating me to the extreme, he finally gets the clue and gets into the passing lane, flies by me, gets in front of me, flips me the bird and takes off at speeds easily in excess of 100mph.. at one point I got curious and tried to catch up to this leadfoot, and once I reached 100 he was STILL pulling away from me like I was in reverse. It's jackasses like that who always wind up killing innocent people and surviving themselves..

Kid, i'm gonna give you one bit of advice from one girl to another.. listen to these guys, they're smart and they know their shit. You're a newbie, so shut your mouth, open your ears and learn a thing or two before you go tearing up the roads of your local area. You just might save a life.. and it could be your own.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
uglystick
Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   2:09 PM     

i'm not disagreeing with anything you say. so don't start with me after this post, ok?

i think you've got a great attitude for introducing yourself into drag racing. and women have done excellent in the sport in the past. i would suggest that you go to your local quarter mile race track and speak with one of the people in the control tower (ie where they announce, where they control the timing and lights, etc) and ask if there is a junior dragster program that you can become part of. these are great opportunities for kids your age (male and female) to get a formal introduction to drag racing, building cars, etc.

then when you get out on the street with your license in 2 years you'll be fully prepared for what is out there, and you'll have a good amount of experience and safety knowledge under your belt.

so get out there and kick some ass.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
LethalToy

Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   10:38 PM     

In reply to:

. When i was driving i didnt give a fuck what any one else thought. The rush i got it was incredible and i want to feel like that all the time. Thats why i am going to race. And yeah if i do get killed i did fucking deserve it. It would be my fault. Hell it'd prolly be considered suicide but who the fuck cares?

oh great an adrenaline junky. just as bad as a crack whore. except crack whores usually only hurt themselves.

I'd try an enlighten you as Jason is trying already to do. But I guess I'm not young enough to know everything.

5-6 years from now (if this forum is still here and the thread is still around) your gonna look at this thread and be embarrased. Like some of the senior members here have said already. Shut up and learn. Lose the "I don't give a fuck what anyone thinks as long as I do what I want and don't care who gets hurt" attitude.

It sucks to say but it sometimes takes a tragedy to befall you to make you see the truth. I wouldn't want anything to happen to you and yours but it sounds like that's what it's gonna take for you to take off the blinders and see the whole picture. I hope you see reason and reality before it ever gets forced on you.

Nuff said, this thread and your attitude is bad karma. I wash my hands and step away. I hope you re-evaluate the value of your life and others. Be real.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
DieselGoPed

Re: Hi   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   11:48 PM     

What? how come you get this 'huge adrenaline rush' every time you drive? i quite frequently pelt along for ages in my mates fiesta, sure its fun, but you dont get any extra feeling out of it, and im the same age as you.
but doing 50 in an open field isnt the same as doing 60-70 on a track i guess. but yeah, listen to all these guys, they know their shit, ewlcome to the site, let the advice sink in and the flak bounce off.

JcAus
Re: Hi   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   6:27 AM     

wholey fuck, I go for a couple of months and all shit breaks loose lol

Wasssap I am a dirt bag street racer from AuStRaLiA MiNe EnGLiSh It GoOd

grrr I am over it

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
DieselGoPed

Re: Hi   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   7:12 AM     

you call this 'all shit breaking loose'?

damn, you have got to come to my house someday.

DuckY
Re: Hi   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   4:16 PM     

i dont rememebr who it was but soemone said that i wouldnt care if somehting happened b/c i said i felt like i didnt give a fuck what anybody else thoguth. its really not like that. i dont give a fuck what people say about me. true. but if something serious was to happen. if i killed someone i prolly would never get behind the wheel again.

to uglystick or jason or whatever. dude you actually sound cool when your not coming off as an ass. ok so i will take your advice. 2 years will get me some good edgamacation b4 i go out and get my licesnse and start racing. thanx dude

and DieselGoPed i think it was you that said it. There is a difference between going 70 on the trach and doing 50 out in a field. been there done that.

I am just a worthless liar. I am just an imbicile. I will only complicate you. Trust in me and Fall as well.
hooyeah
Re: Hi   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:18 PM     

alrighty then

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: Hi   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   8:03 AM     

Ducky, wahat sort of car do you drive? or what cars have you driven?

MrPeabody

Re: Hi   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   8:58 AM     

I was waiting till someone asked that. What type of cars are you into? Muscle, Sport Compact, Trucks ect.

-Ben

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3