This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8272

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
BlownGTP

Re: CAR BODY GRAPHICS QUESTION!   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   4:41 PM     

I hope your not venting on me because i never said i want a luxury s.u.v. I would be happy with an old blazer with the removeable rear top but then i would want to trick it out. thats where the money comes into play.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: CAR BODY GRAPHICS QUESTION!   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   5:01 PM     

see what you are missing is the quintessential toyota crowd out here. the 'take off your oversized tires asshole' crowd that is. people with exoskeletal roll cages with full quarter elliptic spring setups that'll run 70 inches of axle articulation and crawl over anything in their way.

we see that shit on the street up here every day. and they see plenty of the off road areas. it's just different here. overkill is encouraged.

me on the other hand, look at my icon. simple, no lift, goes anywhere nearly as well.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: CAR BODY GRAPHICS QUESTION!   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   5:51 PM     

Yeah, well sometimes it annoys me, the housewives and business men living in the middle of london driving range rovers etc. the plain old fact is that they DONT NEED THEM. and it is really irritating. also... (sorry, now im on my 'bitching soapbox') you get a load of really useless 4x4s out there (jap crap mostly) which claim to be a 'real' 4x4 and can go anywhere. you know the type, has the offroad capability of a lowered estate car and has about 5 inches of ground clearance, those vehicles do have 4x4 but are clearly not meant for off road.
whereas you get something like a trusty (?) land rover

[External Image Removed]

which is like ugly says, simple, no mods and runs over large trees.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
LethalToy

Re: CAR BODY GRAPHICS QUESTION!   Posted Mon Jun 23, 03   10:24 PM     

In reply to:

'take off your oversized tires asshole'

fucker.

Tow
Out
Your
Own
Truck
Asshole

I love those exo-assholes over on pirate that like to flame the Freak. I tell em to bring their flexy-assed exo's out my way and see how much flex helps you in the deep, deep mud.

Bottom line is you build it to do what you need it to.

I need the Freak to play in the deeeep mud and water and double as a tirebiter pantydropper.

It does both in spades.

As far as I am concerned, I like it as long as it ain't stock. Unless she's a classic and even then I like em better fabbed and modded.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
uglystick
The Freak   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   9:27 AM     

if you insist upon calling the freak a toyota, i will rescind everything i said above.

it ain't a toyota it's a full on custom rig with a toyota body...face it.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
LethalToy

Re: The Freak   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   7:09 PM     

toyota body, toyota axles, toyota drivetrain, chevy motor and interco skins.

looks like a yota, drives like a yota, lasts like a yota, sounds like an open headered drag car.

uglystick
Re: The Freak   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   7:28 PM     

hmm i got bets on how long your toyota hardware will last ;-)

jason

LethalToy

Re: The Freak   Posted Tue Jun 24, 03   11:05 PM     

well if ya picked any less than 7 years you'd be wrong.
still goin strong. pull a rear shaft from a Yota and you'd be pleasantly suprised to notice it's bigger than Ford, Chevy & Dodge 3/4 ton. The carriers are weak ass though but can be built tough. Same goes with those weak ass birfields. Longfields are the way to go but they ain't cheap.

BTW bought another daily driver.

2002 Honda Civic.

I know, I know. (donning my fire retardant suit now)

Just a DX, 2 door coupe.
Threw some 17" FRD's and 45 series Federals on it, tinted out the back 3 and slapped on my Lethal Customs logo to the front. Just needed something decent looking with kickass fuel economy. Gotta make the 10 hour drive to Vancouver and Victoria about 12-15 times a year and the T/A costs too much (and I speed too much....c/previous...cost too much ie...speeding tickets, tint, V.I.'s) the 93 Yota with the new 4:56 gears and 33's guzzle almost as much fuel. But the civic went down to and around Van for 3 days on 1 tank $48.

It looks clean and it's gonna stay that way. The wife wants a Wings West Avenger body kit. I told her we'll see. If she wants to buy it and will install it herselfI'll let her. But those are the conditions. I want her to turn the wrenches on this one. It won't cost alot if she fucks the Honda up. But it would hurt too much if the Freak or the T/A got pooched.

MrPeabody

Re: The Freak   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   11:49 AM     

Ooooo, Honda. *Puts on rice boy suit*
Too bad it's the 7th generation. The new engine's don't do much with bolt on's, i.e. intake exhuast. You can do an RSX Type S swap for not much effort, zoom zoom. But you just want it as a commuter, so ok. But if you ever get the modding bug, i'll be here

-Ben

Edited by MrPeabody (Wed Jun 25, 03   11:50 AM)

hooyeah
Re: The Freak   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   5:05 PM     

rovers wouldnt work to good out here we dont consider grass roads offroading and gtp want an offroader for cheap hell buy any old 4x4 truck and have fun doesnt need to be a money buggy

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
LethalToy

Re: The Freak   Posted Wed Jun 25, 03   9:00 PM     

I'd rather drop $500 into line locker for the T/A then spend $200 on go fast mods on the Honda.

Reliability and fuel economy are the reasons we got it. A little bit of dressup to make it look decent to cruise in and not get laughed at.

But all in all it's still a Civic. It's clean, smooth and silent. Just like the perfect woman

BlownGTP

Re: The Freak   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   7:37 AM     

the only way i dont laugh at a honda is if its totally stock and they arent trying to make it look like somthing its not. When i start to see body kits and all that shit, i just cant help but laugh at the piece of shit. Use the car for what its worth, and thats a fuel economic car from point A to point B.

MrPeabody

Re: The Freak   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   9:02 AM     

The beauty of Hondas is that they're so well designed that you can make one pretty quick and will still be a reliable daily driver

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: The Freak   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   10:13 AM     

there is no beauty in hondas and you wil never change my mind on them. al they are good for is comuting. they were never intended for racing.

uglystick
Re: The Freak   Posted Thu Jun 26, 03   11:28 AM     

it's nice to know we still have some die hard american iron fans here ;-)

i think hondas can be very fast, and they were meant for road racing in some configurations. drag racing - that's a different story...and also why the import drags are usually won by toyotas and ecotec's.

jason

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3