This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2039

storm

Problem   Posted Tue Jun 3, 03   9:04 PM     

well i have come across a problem with my car and i don't know what it is, if anyone could help that would be good.
As im starting the car inside the engine it's making a clunking sound, someone said to me timings out but i don't think it's that, anyone else with some idea's and how i could fix it, im thinking about getting a new engine, coz it has'nt started in a few months ( i been trying tho ), and someone i know has 2 engine both V8's 1 a 318 that he is rebuilding and putting in his 65 dodge pickup and the other needs new pistons, and a little smaller then a 318, and im thinking maybe grab that off him and give it a rebuild, but i want to keep the 250 if i can, but i could do the V8 to go a little faster then i can the 6, but that means if i change the engines over to the V8 then it will be off road for longer, and i would like to have it on-road soon, coz really has'nt been driven on road for 3 years, and i want to start driving it.

MrPeabody

Re: Problem   Posted Tue Jun 3, 03   10:41 PM     

First of all, work on your grammar dude
Second of all, can you be a little more specific about the "clunking sound." Like where it is and when it does it?

-Ben

storm

Re: Problem   Posted Wed Jun 4, 03   3:40 PM     

i've never been good with grammar
im not 100% sure of where it is, it sounds from engine block, but it might just be me, and as i said it does it trying to start(as u are turning the key), and it just won't start.

LS4_454
Re: Problem   Posted Wed Jun 4, 03   7:43 PM     

More details!
What happened just before you shut the motor off for the last time, was anything else going on?
So the motor wont start, what motor is this? Do you have spark? Do you have fuel? Has the drive for the distributor broken and the rotor isn't turning anymore?
Details, details, details! Get a .wave file to us to hear this clunking.

hooyeah
Re: Problem   Posted Sat Jun 7, 03   5:47 PM     

dodge in your ford?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
storm

Re: Problem   Posted Mon Jun 9, 03   10:28 PM     

it was going ok when i turned it off last, it's a 4.1 litre alloy head 6, and yes it has fuel

LS4_454
Re: Problem   Posted Tue Jun 10, 03   7:30 PM     

Great details Storm, that helps a bunch. Is the motor still in the car or did someone steal it and tie something to your starter?