This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 8114

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
GotRiceBitch

GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Tue May 27, 03   8:39 PM     

Yup you heard right, in only a matter of 3 months at home I've got the out I need. I managed to track down some solid job leads in Spokane after discovering how shitty the job market is over here in Missoula due to a flailing economy. I lined up some roomies, got the financial backing I need to move, and now it's back to packing my boxes and saying hello to a new life in a new state. Get this - this is fucking sweet. I have 4 roommates, all ranging from 18 to 23, in an 8 bedroom house (yes, 8, you saw that right) in one of the best neighborhoods in Spokane right next to Gonzaga University. Since only 4 of the 8 bedrooms will be taken (2 roomies are a young couple attending gonzaga for their 1st year this fall), 1 is going to be a game room with foozball and air hockey, one's going to be a dance room with lights and stereo equipment (and with any luck a fog machine), one will be an office/library and the other we haven't decided on. We thought about a workout room but 24 hour nautlius is like 3 blocks from the house, so that might be kinda pointless. We're considering a makeshift bar until we can put in a real one, but still haven't come to a unanimous decision. The backyard has a deck, hottub, barbecue, patio furniture and tiki torches, the house also has 4 bathrooms and a pretty bomb ass kitchen. Also living and dining area. This promises to be pretty kickass, my life is finally going to be one killer party after another just like I've always wanted, and finally I'll be in a big city with a bunch of other people my age instead of OLD PEOPLE like sweetdevil was saying (missoula is much the same, very much a retirement community) - and the best part - NO MORE DAMN SNOW!!!!! rock on. My roommates also happen to be total ski bums and skiing is only about 20-30 minutes from where I'm gonna be living. Rock. Can you say fun? Man, I thought my life was over when I had to leave cali, but now it looks like it's just beginning. WOOOHOOO!!!!

Oh BTW - an update on the cavalier. Yes, it did get hit on my way up here, but the entire rear end and both rear quarterpanels have been replaced. My car recently went into the shop and I found out EVERY COMPONENT OF THE POWER STEERING WAS FUCKED. Hey red, remember the high pitched noise I kept complaining about when I turned the wheel? Yah, that just so happened to be because I was dumping most of my power steering fluid out the bottom of my car. So, after having all that replaced they tell me my A/C compressor had gone to hell and contaminated a bunch of shit in the engine, so then all those parts and the compressor had to be replaced. My brakes were shot despite only having been on for 3,000 miles (don't ask, I have no clue, but they respond the way they should now), amongst other problems having to be fixed with the tranny that had been causing a certain CLUNKING NOISE.. which I had been bitching about for god knows how long. So, now that just about every damn part on the car has been replaced it runs great - like brand new, and hopefully she won't be making any more trips to the shop for a long, long time. Also got a new deck, but that's because my dumb ass lost the faceplate to the old one and it has to have the right face to play - the new one was a gift from a relative (or at least the money for it). The cavvy also received a new paint and clearcoat job so it looks like it just rolled off the showroom floor, which is awesome because before it had massive waterspots and was starting to crack and peel from the harsh desert sun. She also now has a safe indoor garage space so she's sheltered from the elements. Boy, is that car spoiled or what? Good thing ol' gotrice has a lawyer for a daddy that does free work for the local car shops.. otherwise I'd be seriously in the hole right now. LOL..

Anyway, good to see sweetdevil finally got the hell outta there, I know she hated that place with a passion and I wish her all the best of luck with her new life. I'm probably going to be working for a medical insurance company - they're offering to pay $15/hr plus full benefits and flexible scheduling. Works for me since I'm prolly gonna be attending Washington State University as an interior deco. major. Ahh.. life is sweet.

Welp, I'm out all.. just thought I'd pass along the update.

Later =)

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Tue May 27, 03   9:55 PM     

glad to hear all is going well for ya had a good feeling you'd recover and do fine

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Tue May 27, 03   9:57 PM     

Yah, I still havent managed to get that damn RACE PREP STICKER off my car yet.. the bitch is really stuck on there good, not to mention baked on from sitting in the sun for so damn long. Ergh. And I'm just itchin to put that "got ink" sticker on my car too.. lol

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:07 PM     

GOO gone! get some it works like a charm

GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:24 PM     

For getting stickers off? I know it gets the sticker gunk off but not the sticker itself.. I still have the race prep and PSCA stickers on it and I got two new ones to replace them, one says "Shouldn't you be wearing a crash helmet or something?" and the other says "got ink?" lol... anyway.. I'm just glad to be getting out of this godforesaken shithole.. I thought I was gonna be stuck here once I came home but I got REALLY lucky in meeting some awesome people in Spokane.. Rob, if ya see this - you da man! heheh... ok.. anyhoo.. thanks for the good wishes all, I'll be sure to stay in touch and pass along updates as I add more character to the ol' cavvy. =)

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:25 PM     

alrighty then try a razor blade and see if you can get under the surface of it. is it on the body or a window?

GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:27 PM     

the rear window.. I've heard of using razors but won't that scratch the glass?

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
LS4_454
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:31 PM     

No you'll be fine, you can also use WD40. Soak the entire sticker a couple of times then use the razor blade, the fresher the better. But the Goo Gone also works good.

hooyeah
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:32 PM     

wet it down really good i've done it and it didn't scratch it but you may jsut wanna be extra careful and put a big sticker over the scratch if it does scratch ....but if you keep it really wet and use a nice clean blade it should work...worked for me .....NO GUARENTEES so you may not want to try it wait for another suggestion....but i picture covering it in possibly paint thinner? may dissolve some of the stickyness jsut keep it off the paint and be careful and stuff

GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Wed May 28, 03   8:41 PM     

Alrighty.. yah, the wd40 sounds like a good idea.. wet it down and then go at it with the razor, that way i shouldnt have to scratch so hard to get it off.. my car looks retarded with the stupid periwinkle blue montana plates tho, i swear this state comes up with the gayest plates possible just to piss people off who have nice cars.. lol.. i guess washington isn't much better but oh well

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
uglystick
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Thu May 29, 03   11:38 AM     

damn you're wordy.

say hi to my friends eric and glen at gonzaga...they're the two debate coaches there.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Thu May 29, 03   12:15 PM     

The razor wont scratch the glass, you'll be set

-Ben

GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Thu May 29, 03   5:11 PM     

i'd be willing to bet rob probably knows those guys.. i'll ask him when i talk to him tonight/tomorrow. Man, this move is happening faster than I thought - they're saying they want me in on June 9th now. Well, I pulled off packin up my whole life in CA and moving 1200 miles in a week, so I think 200 miles and half of my shit still packed shouldn't be a problem in a week and a half. Anyway.. wish me luck guys. Thanks for the help...

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
hooyeah
Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Thu May 29, 03   7:28 PM     

good luck with the stickers!.....oh shit good luck with that life change thing too

GotRiceBitch

Re: GotRice to Ditch Bigsky Country - Hello Spokane!   Posted Tue Jun 3, 03   8:47 PM     

I took the stickers off this weekend - while 7 guys were attempting to break into my car because my dumb ass locked the keys inside. Oops. It took them an hour and a half to slimjim the door open because it just so happens that sidelocks are a real bitch to tamper with. Actually that's probably a good thing - they told me because nothing is power, it makes it really hard to get into the car without breaking anything. So while they tampered with it I scraped the stickers off. I met a guy while I was in Spokane who owns a shop out there and knows his shit pretty well, and he offered to help me put some balls on the cavalier. That's right. It's getting a turbo and a 5 speed manual. I am so incredibly stoked. It won't be the fastest thing on the road but it'll have some get up and go and still get good fuel economy. I was also considering an RK Sport body kit and maybe putting some pearl flames on it, but that'll come after the engine mods. And the boys at race prep thought they were the only ones who were car gods =) This guy has worked on several cars at the races there, one of which is a chevelle that was doing wheelstands in the parking lot of K-Mart.. lol. Man, the scene there is absolutely sickening.. I've never seen so many fast cars in one place at one time.. and the even more disgusting thing is, they look completely stock.. you'd never ever think they were fast. There was even a 9 second civic.. with timeslips to fucking prove it. My god. And I didn't think ricers knew their shit. Guess I was wrong. There are actually chicks with fast cars out there too.. which is a nice change from the coachella valley. Down there I got the impression that guys thought girls were only useful for eye candy.. here some of the guys are actually afraid to line up next to these girls. Sheesh. I think I'm gonna have a real blast living there.. my house is totally pimped out and my roommates are just awesome people. I'm glad moving doesn't bother me.. lol.. otherwise I never would've met such an awesome crowd of people. Anyway.. thanks everyone and I'll keep ya updated.. and after the cavvy gets violated I'll send pictures. LOL =)

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
Pages in this thread: (1) 2