This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 7053

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)  
uglystick
Re: H20 injection   Posted Thu May 29, 03   12:42 PM     

no it is a performance hop up if you're running over boost and your computer is retarding the timing to accomodate knocking that the over boost is creating. you'll be able to attain more power that is being robbed by the knock sensor. assuming that is happening.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: H20 injection   Posted Thu May 29, 03   2:33 PM     

and if i go with this kit, I can go to an even smaller supercharger pulley to raise my boost. Now i can raise my boost and not have to worry about knocking as much. And just like jason said, it will tell my computer to advance timing and build a little bit better performance with the pulley i have now. Thanks alot guys. Im starting to really understand this setup now.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Cutlass

Re: H20 injection   Posted Thu May 29, 03   9:13 PM     

i'd just use a higher octane gas.

-------------- 470 cubic inches of pissed off Oldsmobile.

Edited by Cutlass (Thu May 29, 03   9:13 PM)

BlownGTP

Re: H20 injection   Posted Fri May 30, 03   7:24 AM     

i already use 93 octane at all times. if i use anything less, i get Knock. I even get a little bit of knock at the top of 2nd gear but its nothing to be worried about. I cant afford to be putting 110 octane in all the time. Another thing is, is the 110 always blows out my O2 sensor and throws a code.

uglystick
Re: H20 injection   Posted Fri May 30, 03   9:43 AM     

does the sc have some sort of wastegate to prevent it from overboosting like a roots would? if so, why not use a dial a boost on it or something similar so you could choose when to use the water injection?

if not, why not install one, install the pulleys and then have the option to boost that high or not.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: H20 injection   Posted Fri May 30, 03   2:44 PM     

No, this blower dosent have any kind of waste gate. It just has a valve that opens under vacume pressure to allow the boost to dump into the motor. I see where your coming from though.

Pages in this thread: 1 (2)