This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 109306

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  
dtmcoupe
hello all   Posted Sun May 18, 03   5:33 PM     

hey everyone whats up, im going to be moving out to the coachella valley area and look foreward to meeting everyone, ive got an m coupe, best time is a 13.3 its all stock now, but hopefully ill be in the mid 12.s by the end of summer...just wondering how many euros are out there? thanks

uglystick
Re: hello all   Posted Mon May 19, 03   10:19 AM     

what's up! if it ain't a guy with a car shaped like a shoe!

just kidding, the m coupe is the only new style bmw that i would actually want to own. fine automobile. just a little tough to keep those rear tires from sucking up the auto-x cones!!

i've got a '75 3.0 cs with lots of plans. other than that the only other bmw guy on the board is a bmw tech who owns a big block caprice. his name is LS4_454.

tell us more about your plans for your m coupe.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: hello all   Posted Mon May 19, 03   3:18 PM     

Hey! Nice to see another BMW edition to the board I have a 1970 Datsun 240Z. Got any pics of the BMW???

-Ben

dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Tue May 20, 03   3:22 PM     

its a 2002 m coupe, only engine mod is underdrive pulleys i have dynoed 285hp at the rear wheels. as for other mods its got H&R springs/bilstein shocks, soon to be ground conrtol or H&R coil-overs. also i will be installing a roll cage very soon its sitting in my garage. then i want to get some light race buckets, maybe recaro. other then that brakes and maybe an exhaust and i should be all done (till i find something else to do) the best 1/4 time for the m coupe in stock form is a 12.54 so its very able. btw what the hell else is there to do out in the desert? is there any whitewater rafting or anything...ive been sailing much of my life, and i need a fun hobby, but cant afford to be messing with sand rails and dirt bikes.

Satanismycopilot
Re: hello all   Posted Tue May 20, 03   3:48 PM     

try Ice Hockey...great hobby/sport

/Southern New Jersey Whiteboy

Re: hello all   Posted Tue May 20, 03   10:08 PM     

So you have the one with the S54 motor? Very nice package and excellent times, didn't realize they were "that" quick. We had one come in with a huffer on it putting out close to 400hp, what a rocket.

dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 23, 03   8:41 PM     

ya its the s54 engine. any other sports out there? like maybe whitewater kayaking if there is a fast river near you guys....or at least freshwater fishing or mountian biking or anything? thanks

hooyeah
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 23, 03   10:06 PM     

ooh a mountain biker i love the speedy downhill technical biking

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 24, 03   7:25 AM     

whats hokey pokey?

SweetNeon

Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 24, 03   9:55 AM     

sounds like some democratic mumbo jumbo to me

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Sun May 25, 03   8:58 PM     

S54? Then you are missing 30 HP since they are rated at 315 HP from the factory. And yes, that IS at the rear wheels. If anything you "may" have a coupe with a 3.0 rated at 225HP, but I doubt there is 60 hp in underdrive pulleys, hell there wouldn't even be 60 extra hp if you ran no belts at all. Under drive pulleys? This isn't a 5.0 Stang, haven't seen a set come through yet and I would expect that to be the first thing added on, we do more chips, intakes and exhausts than anything else. 12.54 in stock form? They are quick but not 12.50's, maybe a high 13 with a good driver. Yours at a 13.3? 1/8 mile right? Lets see, you "have" a '02 M Coupe, youve put on suspension and want to add roll cages and exhausts but your looking for a new hobby out here and you dont want to spend a lot of money? Maybe you should sell your sail boat that you have been doing all your traveling in while touring the world. You came to the wrong place to BS everyone, get your facts right before you try and be a poser. Take your 318ti with its "underdrive" pulleys and go hang out with some KIA's. Try the www.poserkiafartcan.com site.
Besides we already have Chad (SweetNeon) who is making at least eight times more money than anyone else here, he even bought a college recently. One hiped up wealthy bullshitter is enough for this board.

MrPeabody

Re: hello all   Posted Sun May 25, 03   11:12 PM     

Amen to that...

-Ben

dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Mon May 26, 03   9:54 AM     

ok seems a few people are very mis informed. R&T got a 13.2 1/4 mile for the m coupe for the 12.54 heres the link http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98813 upper middle page. as for me "lying" about my hp here are the dyno charts http://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80293 now as for my hobbies...i have a 14ft laser sail boat, i bought it for $2700 about 2 years ago. not everyone with a sail boat has a 70ft 5million dollar boat. got a response for that one bud?

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Mon May 26, 03   9:12 PM     

You are still way under at the rear wheels, should be at least 315 as the engine is rated. Sounds like a bunch of other poser wanna be's there too. Good place for you to stay and hang out. You dont need a new hobbie, just take your "boat" out to lake Cahuilla and you can sail all day long, maybe hook up on a island too. These posers are talking about the DSC kicking in at 7000 RPM, idiots, if it IS on it kicks in immediatly, it doesn't "wait" until some ungoddly RPM of 7000.
Oh and for your 12 second run, here is Dallas's response from your poser site:
"With the wind pushing behind, with a cool nitrous oxide wind storm blowing into the intake, and at a race track in New Orleans the S54 M roadster can run low 12s."
And R&T isn't the "bible".

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Mon May 26, 03   9:28 PM     

Here is your 12 second Coupe/roadster
[External Image Removed]

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13