This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 109306

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  
LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 30, 03   7:40 PM     

Exactly!
Thank You Ben. Take a bow.

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 30, 03   7:56 PM     

"ls454 you did call me a liar on the 1st page"
The word Liar was never used. I just said you were missing 30 hp from your engine, have you found it yet? I also said you "may" have a 3.0 Coupe, that could swing either way, do you? And I "attacked" you, geez, are you a victim of a gay bashing or something? Lighten up, it is only a message board, not a dark alley in downtown LA. More like calling you out.

, "and vanos and vtec came into the thread when "satanismycopilot" asked "whats vanos" you should actually read a thread before you ask questions."
Last I saw satanismycopilot is nowhere close to LS4_454, maybe you should actually think before you post.

"and as for how much power im making im actually higher stock then many m3's (io was 275 at the WHEELS stock) "
Easy to say since a E30 M3 is rated at 200hp, no great shakes there. And there you go again losing HP, will you ever find it?

"please find me a dyno chart of a stock m3 thats putting 333 or even 300 at the WHEELS. you cant do it, but ill let you try"
This question has already been answered by one of your poser buddies over at your "bimmer forum". I wont go through the trouble of pasting that exciting link here, and I'm sure you will find it. Looks like they have a good big dick contest going on over there, maybe you should join in? Oh, sorry...............................

BlownGTP

Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 30, 03   8:21 PM     

Hey, no swearing or ill have to ask our moderator to close this thread!!!!! LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 30, 03   9:17 PM     

ls4 454 i think you have really missed what i was saying to "satanismycopilot" he asked what vanos was, i was simply answering him. if you want to continue this discussion let me ask you 1 question. HOW MUCH WHEELHP DOES AN M COUPE HAVE (S54 POWER) if you still think its 315 then we have nothing more to talk about, as your either too stupid to understand what hp ratings mean, or too stubborn to admit your worng.

Stryker
Re: hello all   Posted Fri May 30, 03   10:12 PM     

I dunno about most people here *actually I do, it just sounded good to start that way* but I'm inclined to believe the BMW tech over the wannabe BMW Bitch. Maybe it's just me though.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
CVSR's Undisputed Asshole
Hawk284
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   5:42 AM     

Ratings are not at the rear wheeels.

That is rwhp. SAE just added all accesories to the motor before rating where as pre 72 they would leave out PS etc.

I can't believe you folks don't know this.

dtmcoupe
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   6:56 AM     

thank you hawk284 its good to know theres a few others with a brain in their head on this forum. and how am i a wanna be bmw bitch? you dont think i have an m coupe? please, i didnt come here to fight, as you can tell i named the thread "hello all" not " fuck you guys" if i wanted to brag about how fast my car was i would say i had a 700hp hennessy viper or something. it wasnt untill ls4 454 came in with his ignorant comments that this turned into a pissing contest.

BlownGTP

Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   7:18 AM     

who the hell is this hawk guy now? Let me guess, its one of Bmw boys friends that he asked to come over here and back him up!!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Hawk284
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   9:59 AM     

Well your guesses are as bad as your knowledge.

Hawk284
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:07 AM     

But testing rear-wheel horsepower (rwhp -- obviously, front drivers would be measuring fwhp) makes it difficult to convert from what the dyno says to what the manufacturer says. The manufacturer, remember, measures horsepower at the flywheel. All that equipment between the engine and the wheels -- the transmission, driveshaft, differential, and axles -- introduce friction and inertial losses summarized as "powertrain loss" or "parasitic losses". The efficiency of the driveline can greatly affect the amount of the powertrain loss: Ford's AOD transmission, for example, is notoriously inefficient. As a very general rule, rear-wheel horsepower on a manual-transmission car is about 15% less than SAE net, and rear-wheel horsepower on an automatic-transmission car is about 20% less than SAE net.

Hawk284
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:08 AM     

Horsepower is not always measured at the wheels
This should be obvious, but I will say it anyway. Engine manufacturers measure power at the crankshaft with an engine dynamometer. Those of us outside the engineering lab must use chassis dynamometers (dyno's) to measure the power reaching the wheels.

Hawk284
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:09 AM     

How many quotes do you need?

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:09 AM     

He must be DT's bitch. 3 posts says it all.

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:11 AM     

Since we know where you come from, I want to see charts, graphs, spreadsheets, I want you to back up your claim. Lay it on me.

LS4_454
Re: hello all   Posted Sat May 31, 03   10:14 AM     

Engineering lab? What the fuck are talking about now? A real engine shop will have their own engine dyno, you just have to be willing to pull out your motor and take it there then pay for the set up time and tuning. But then you wont be able to check for parasites.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13