This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2470

Metal396
cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Sat May 17, 03   11:31 AM     

just wonder what would be the best (and fairly cheap) combination for a cd receiver (at least 45x4 watts of power) and 2 6x9s. what would the best brands be?

Id like to not go over 150 dollars on the cd deck, and not over 100 for the 6x9s (ive seen em for like 50 bucks so that would be good). This system wouldnt need an amp would it? Ive heared otehr cars with simple systems liek these and 6x9s sound really good for what they are! maybe later i will add in a couple 6.5 inch speakers in the kick panels but not right now.

i may just be asking for the car stereo for my birthday (and installing it my self of course!). right now i have 2 sony boombox speakers wired into the back of my am/fm stock radio, and have em buckled in the back seat :-D . haha cheap as hell!

[External Image Removed]

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
hooyeah
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Sat May 17, 03   1:27 PM     

personally i like pioneer

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Sat May 17, 03   3:26 PM     

I have a Clarion head unit and some Pioneer 6x9's.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Sat May 17, 03   8:06 PM     

oh and another thing about pioneer you should be able to pick one up at walmart cd deck 45x4 for about 100$ my brothers was 199$ and it came with 2 6x9's

Satanismycopilot
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Sat May 17, 03   9:45 PM     

yeah but walmart is evil....i personally would NEVER buy a stereo from walmart any electronic i have ever bought from there has been crap....clarion headunits are the shit....best buy is a great place to get it at because you can buy a warranty and they usually have a deal where they will put it in for free

Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Mon May 19, 03   8:14 AM     

all i use is pioneer. it gives you the best EQ options and is priced great. as far as 6x9's i would have to say Polk Audio.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
1969Stang
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Mon May 19, 03   3:12 PM     

well i have an alipine head unit. with eclipse speakers all around. sounds great. clean very clean.

Go Ahead....
Unleash your Beast....
Mine will be waiting...
hooyeah
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Mon May 19, 03   7:27 PM     

ok buddy walmart kicks ass! :P i have a buddy thats a dj and even he says pioneer is the best buy maybe not the best stuff but the best buy

MrPeabody

Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Mon May 19, 03   10:51 PM     

Yeah, I could see Pioneer as the best bargain. I know the owner of a sweet audio shop and have talked to several others and they all say Clarion is up there with the top stuff.

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Tue May 20, 03   9:49 AM     

yes, thats all i will buy fo a deck is a pioneer. its the best bang for your buck and than some. Pioneer is a better piece of equiptment than alot of you high dollar decks in my eyes.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
LS4_454
Re: cd receiver and speaker combo   Posted Tue May 20, 03   10:00 PM     

I have a brand new Herald 8 track player, never opened! And I have some high level input amps to go with it to get you rockn'.