This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 999

uglystick
Uglystick come out to plaaa-aaayy!   Posted Tue May 6, 03   10:58 AM     

Well we've sat down and figured out the small block chevy plans. Prior we were going to take the heads & intake off the elco and put them on a 327 for the jaguar.

Now we're saying fuck that. We're going to replace the tranny in the el camino, run it around right after 2f2f comes out to shut the local idiot academy up...then yank the engine/trans and install it into the jaguar...383 stroker in the jag...that's right. intake & headers will change from air gap & heddmans to weiand stealth and block huggers.

then....

we have traded the 327 for a pontiac big block. we have a number of choices...a few 400's, a 467 stroker, a 455.

one of those big block poncho motors will go into the el camino with a richmond four speed manual (back to the elko's four on the floor roots, luckily the clutch pedal & linkage is still in the car). we will then unbolt the front grill, front clip, hood & front fenders and install those off of a '64 pontiac tempest. badge it as a gto and make it a one of a kind drag car.

so, do any of you know where i can get a '64 tempest front fender to figure out some styling options? we will of course have to stop calling it uglystick and start calling it el goat or some odd shit like that ;-)

what think y'all?

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: Uglystick come out to plaaa-aaayy!   Posted Tue May 6, 03   11:12 AM     

ok, let me make sure i have this correct. your gonna make the elco look like a tempest truck? it sounds good to me. it will be a one of a kind unit. your going to have to get the 64 Gto grill and logos also.

Oh and as far as the motor goes, RITE ON MAN!!!!! the more ponchos on the road, the better. i would go with the 455 and slap a set of 400 heads on it. ive heard that will build some big power. im not exactly sure how so if you know, inlighten me!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Uglystick come out to plaaa-aaayy!   Posted Tue May 6, 03   11:31 AM     

455 had open chamber heads most likely, 400 didn't...455 w/ 400 heads = compression. thats my guess.

and we'll get the gto grill and all, badge it as a gto, the whole 9 yards.

it'll be a gto a body truck.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: Uglystick come out to plaaa-aaayy!   Posted Tue May 6, 03   11:46 AM     

Right on man, sounds sweet. I know you were discussing it but didn't know you were shootin for it. Viel Gluck!

-Ben