This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 10387

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3  
jonorme
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   7:39 AM     

Another thing id like 2 say, the fast and the furious is bringing alot more ppl into this world, well its what brought me into it anyway

DieselGoPed

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   8:20 AM     

er.. yeah. but the problem is the majority of them are not the right kind of people. i mean, guys like you are ok, just want to learn about cars, nothing wrong with that. but its also bringing a lot of stupid ricers into the street racing scene, who race on roads and try to emulate what theyve seen in the f&f, and then people get killed. saw a ricer vauxhall nova which had over turned on the a55 today, another result of the 'three beeps and away they go' sort of racing. i mean its ok to race if youre on a deserted road, like in coachella or other desert cities, but in the middle of NY and London and all the other stupid places peeps just crash and kill emselves and others. thats why im happy cos i just found out theres a track on anglesey, which means when im old enough to race ill take my car there.
just my two pence. or cents, or sense, or whatever.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
MrPeabody

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   8:55 AM     

Don't have a preconception that street racing is all good and glamorous. People are stupid and get killed and kill people. Nothing wrong with you and a few buds running out in the middle of nowhere, but the best place to race is at the track.

-Ben

jonorme
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   10:05 AM     

i agree wit both of u

uglystick
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   10:35 AM     

i could make a better 'film' at the goodguys meet in pleasanton this year.

run lola run.....is film.

apocalypse now.....is film.

scarface......is film.

bullitt......is film.

2fast2furious....could very well be a saturday morning cartoon.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   1:12 PM     

run lola run kicked so much ass

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   1:25 PM     

bullitt... my dad keeps goin on about that. is it the one where this guy has to deliver a car all the way across america and ends up with some police force on his tail? sounds good, id like to see it.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
jonorme
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   1:59 PM     

bullitt is a gr8 film, its where this guy is gettin chased by this nut in a huge truck, my dad likes it 2 as a matter of fact

uglystick
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:06 PM     

you're both incorrect...bullitt is a movie with steve mcqueen, set in san francisco. it's about a guy who is trying to protect a witness from the mob or some other heinous force of evildoers in matching suit jackets.

there's a big chase between a green '68 or '69 mustang chasing a dodge challenger through the streets of san francisco. the chase ends when the challenger runs into a gas station and the gas station explodes in a ball of fire.

the movie jon is referring to is steven spielberg's first movie called...hmmm...DUEL.

========
Duel --This is the TV movie that put Steven Spielberg on the map, shortly before he made The Sugarland Express. Working from a script by Richard Matheson, the film stars Dennis Weaver as a mild-mannered traveling salesman who unintentionally angers the driver of a semi truck. Suddenly, the truck is not only riding his tail but trying to run him off the road. --Marshall Fine
==============

and goped, i think you're referring to deathrace2000.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
jonorme
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:16 PM     

Ok mr. smarty pantz lol, DUEL is a gr8 film then

MrPeabody

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:18 PM     

Damn you know your movies. I need to find the one where jackie chan is racing Skylines in an FTO... I think it was mentioned in Sport Compact Car.

-Ben

jonorme
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:20 PM     

That film is called, who am I

MrPeabody

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   2:23 PM     

Cool, sweet.

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   7:07 PM     

i believe it's a black charger not a challenger

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Gorgoth3k1

Re: 2 Fast 2 Furious   Posted Wed May 7, 03   9:44 PM     

man.... you left out Full Metal Jacket... hehe.... thats a badass movie

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3