This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 21015

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)  
Phatmatt

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 28, 03   7:43 PM     

I doubt he's going to pay 1000 (or more) for a fuel management system. They'll probably have money for upgrades, but nothing TOO outrageous.

Cash wize I think he should go with a ported and clipped 16G (MAYBE 20G, but you'd want more mods to really make full use of it). I wanted him to get the T3/T4 hybrid but I don't think he's into it. The Big 16G will suit him fine boost wise. Obviously he should pick up a new BOV (I hear the stock ones on the 2nd gens are crap), boost controler. My man should also get a nice exhaust system (I suggest Apexi, no Cat), and a better fuel pump (I can give you a supraTT pump that ought to work for cheap). That ought to save you some dough and have you kicking the ass of 90% of every sports car you race.

....BUUUUT... if we want to get a touch more serious later on we can purchase a nice greddy front mounted intercooler, and some N2O. BWA HA HA HA HA HA! That's what you should get. Tell Kyle that too. You guys can e-mail me with any questions you have. How long until you even get that car though?

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 28, 03   7:52 PM     

16G all the way, i've heard nothing but good about them as daily driven street turbo's. And I wouldn't touch the 20G untill you have some good cash saved to compensate
And on the exhuast, if you're looking to stay cheap, get a custom made 3" with a 3" downpipe

-Ben

ProbeU

Re: Hello all.   Posted Tue Apr 29, 03   7:02 PM     

they say that we don't have to have Cats here in Michigan. SO can I just hook up the downpipe to a muffler then and not worry about anything else?

I still am sketchy on my fuel. Do I need to adjust my fuel if I rase the boost just a bit? how much till the computer can't take it?

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Tue Apr 29, 03   11:02 PM     

According to what Matt has said, it sounds like you guys pretty much have free reign on the smogg department. Get a 3" downpipe and a 3" exhaust to muffler, being turbo charged you don't need to worry about back pressure so bigger is better. And as far as raising the boost, I think 15 psi is about the farthest you can go untill the factory ECU can't supply fuel. I belive stock boost is 11 psi...

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon May 5, 03   1:53 PM     

hey probe, ya still around? or are you turning into one of those peeps who posts for a week or two and then takes off?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 4 (5)