This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 21015

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5  
Phatmatt

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   5:38 PM     

Actually there aren't THAT many 19 year olds with tricked out cars. I mean most people here do have cars (unless you live inside of a big city), but few of them are tricked out.

I guess the thing over there is like touring cars right? I hear a lot about cars driving on the twisted country roads, but never about any street races.

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   5:56 PM     

haha me knife someone yeah right. i may be an asshole but i'm not stupid ok well maybe a bit and besides i'm not in america

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   5:56 PM     

Oh just to be a little bit of a dick I met my new friends Kyle and Steve (known to you as "ProbeU") Saturday on my way to pick up my new bike. I have to say that he is a nice kid but the TALLEST person in the world. He has got to be at least 6'4" How he ever plans on getting inside that Eclipse and driving it with the long assed lesgs is beyond me.

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   5:58 PM     

thats not that tall i'm about 6'3 275 pounds and i fit in a chevette if i have my hair spiked it hits the roof but i fit in it

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   6:55 PM     

Shoulda kept up with the boards on break
Hey a cool newbie, reffreshing. I thought the GT model probes were turbo 4 bangers? I know the 1st gen's were... Either way i'd honestly go with something other than the probe. Like these guys were saying a 1st gen Eclipse/Talon would suite you well if you wanna go turbo, (which you should ). I was up in AZ this week and a guy had a 1st gen Talon Turbo TSi I think, (AWD model, like the GSX), with a nice 20G snail. He was running 18 psi and hit a 13.2 at the loacal track. One thing that sucks about DSM's (Eclipse's and Talons), is their reliability issues... But you'll also learn in the process.
The 4G63 4 cycinder in the turbo models is a fine motor. It's been around since 1990 and is still in the newest Lancer EVO's. There's a HUGE aftermarket support and plenty of message boards that specialize in DSM's.

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   12:10 PM     

i saw a ford probe today. looks very 'swish' lol. I just found out some good news today! i never knew this before, but i live about nine miles away from a 1/4 mile drag strip! so, in three years when i got a car i can take it there, and not have to bother finding a decently wide, but unused road. d'you reckon all you guys will still be here when im 17 and cease (maybe) to be 'that little brit bitch'?

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Stryker
Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   12:50 PM     

Will we be here when you are 17? Probly. Will you ever stop bein 'that little brit bitch?' Probly Not.

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
uglystick
Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   1:13 PM     

what you don't realize is that most of us crack up at your jokes and like you more than you would expect.

pretty damned smart for his age is what i say...

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   1:15 PM     

he does have some funny coments but i think he posts to damn much!!!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   3:40 PM     

Well, someone has to take over for Hooyeah and his post whoring

-Ben

ProbeU

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   6:15 PM     

no mine's a non turbo V6. It's ok and has enough pickup to be fun to cruise in but it's not quite what I want. Yeah, I was talking to Phatmatt about the 1st generation vs 2nd generation issue. He told me that for all out preformance the 1st gen are lighter cars that you can find easier and for much less, and he told me that they are easier to modify than the 2nd. FYI, I didn't see his fabled "van" but I did see his friend Aarons Caprice which I must say looks and sounded like a monster.

I asked him which he'd rather have and he said the 2nd gens because he already owns one ugly car. I'm not so much into looks as my buddy kyle. He's set on getting a 2nd gen eclipse, but maybe when I get enough money together to get a new car I'll pick up a 1st (I don't think they are ugly at all, and for thousands less, I won't mind). But for now I'm helping kyle work on the orange bandit... well ONCE he gets it.

What's wrong with the cars though? they aren't reliable?

MrPeabody

Re: Hello all.   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   6:28 PM     

Yeah, the Eclipses and Talons tend to be less reliable than most japanese cars, like a Honda for example. But most pitfalls can be avoided with regular maintainance and carefull tuning.
The 4G63 engine is a kickass mill. It's tough and well proven, and has been around for a hell of a long time.
I'd look around for some good DSM message boards to learn as much as you can about the car.

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   2:16 AM     

well, i guess thats a pleasant suprise ill stop posting so much then, if its clogging up the msg board and stuff. me and my best mate, were both really heavily into biking, so we thought 'ah, well ride to his girlfriends house' cos everyon was there, just breaking stuff and annoying their parents. they live in a place called llanfair, and we live in a place called bangor, theyre both on the coast, but about 9 miles apart. so my mate said... (cos llanfair is west of us) well just keep riding till we get to the sea, and then turn right... this was on the assumption that there was a coastal footpath....but there wasnt. so we had to ride for nine miles in the pouring rain, through snad, unexpected salt water puddles (bye bye, beloved chain , and rockas and boulders for nine miles.)
god how much i love britain.

hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   4:25 AM     

hey if you wanna go for more of a sleeper buy a non turbo plymouth laser and swap

DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Tue Apr 22, 03   4:59 AM     

swap what? i guess it is impossible to get a car which is fast and cheap to insure.

Pages in this thread: 1 2 (3) 4 5