This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 21015

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   1:08 PM     

Can you post some pictures of the probe? id like to see it. never seen one before, sounds pretty sweet

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
Stryker
Re: Hello all.   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   1:15 PM     

In reply to:

My buddy Kyle even claimed on seeing a mini-van beat a 5.0 mustang, although that was probably BS

That was probly Phatmatt. He lives in your area, and I'm sure his killer van has waisted a few 5.0's here and there

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
LethalToy

Re: Hello all.   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   11:13 PM     

the good 'ol wood panel 5 litre eater. It will whoop your ass and it has a mattress in the back to tap (your womans) ass.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
ProbeU

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   10:38 AM     

A race van? Is that even possible? Kyle swears it to be true but I never belived him. He that the Mustang was already sitting at a light and the van rolled up to it and did a loud neutral rev. Then so did the 5.0 and when the light turned green that the van wasted the mustang right off the light. I found it very hard to belive and called him a liar. But it's true?

Anyway, on a different matter I was thinking about the Eclipse. I guess he can get a pretty ok deal on it. 13 grand for a car with under 40000 miles on it. He never modified the engine and kept it mainly for car shows. It actually looks pretty neat. It's all orange with orange neon inside and out (which is illegal here), and the interior has been redone in white black and orange. It won him a bunch of cash in several carshows. The soundsystem is nice too ($600), there is a wing on the back of the car, but it's not much bigger than the stock spoiler. Kyle doesn't care that all that stuff will add weight, he just really wants to get it and modify it the best he can. But neither of us are really car pros, and haven't done anything like this before. We want to do simple, but effective stuff that won't make us bankrupt but will leave us with a faster car.

Phatmatt

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   10:52 AM     

Yes you can turn a 17second minivan into a 12second minivan. It just takes time, money, and work. I smoked about a zillion 5.0s. and about 1/5 of them in Jackson. It was probably me your buddy Kyle saw. (I doubt there are too many other turbo van owners out there). If you want to see it, I'll be at Susuki Motor-Sports off of the main-strip by the entrance to 50 probably about midday saturday (picking up my new GSXR600)... unless it's raining.

if you need any help with that car, let me know. I was actually planning on getting one myself, before I got the bike. BUT if you want one of the baddest turbo mofos around to give you advice on here, ask Mr.Uglystick. He's the shizzy.

AND if you get this and are still on feel free to message me and we can talk in the chat-room (because it looks like I just missed ya). I ought to be on for another fifteen minutes.

BlownGTP

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   11:55 AM     

Oh, mustangs are so much fun to beat up on. i have never met one mustang owner that didnt have a huge ego. They get so pissed when you smoke them with an out of the ordinary car.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
Phatmatt

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:42 PM     

My mom has one and thinks she's the shit. 270 horses isn't bad mom, but... well that certianly doesn't make you the baddest ride in town.

BlownGTP

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   2:49 PM     

lol, yeah keep her in mind what you have!!!

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   3:11 PM     

honestly, i don't think i know that much about turbos. i still have difficulty reading compressor maps.

however, when it comes to the prep necessary for running a turbo on the cheap, i've got a lot of resources.

is your probe turbocharged in the first place?

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   3:11 PM     

Probe, if im reading your profile right it says youre only 17. how can you afford to insure your car with all that stuff you got on it? if i was 17 and had a car like yours over here, itd cost me like £4000 a year. is insurance easier to get around in the states or what?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
Stryker
Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   4:31 PM     

I've had my truck since I was 16, payin for insurance, AND truck payments. See, you have to get somethin called a JOB to PAY the money for your ride. I pay $250 a month for insurance on my truck...

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
ProbeU

Re: Hello all.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   5:57 PM     

No the probe isn't turbo charged. Actually I'm thinking that the probe is a lost cause. Kyle and I want to work on that Eclipse together though. He's got the money and I've got the drive to want to do it. His dad's pretty well off and gives him tons of money since his parents split. Kyle's got a new Ram and wants us to do this car together. His dad will cover insurance and part of the car itself. The plan is we work on it later on down the road when Kyle goes off to college, I buy the car.

and no my probe isn't that bad. I only bought it for $2000, pay $80 a month in insurance.

DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Apr 19, 03   3:15 AM     

jeez, that is cheap. over here, if you put the slightes little performance part on your car, the insurance goes up by loads, especially if your only 17. even if it only boosts up the hp by 2, the insurance companies take it as a sign that you want to drive fast, so the insurance goes up. when im 17, id be better off starting off with a fast car and leaving it stock. thats 3 years away though

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
hooyeah
Re: Hello all.   Posted Sat Apr 19, 03   9:27 PM     

goped remember the british government is ripping you off as we speak you pay like 8 bucsk a gallon for fuel and 95% of your cars are ugly as hell little tiny boxes i'd love to see lethal driving the freak around the british streets (insurance for me will be around 700 a year)

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
DieselGoPed

Re: Hello all.   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   7:21 AM     

id move to america when im older if it wasnt for hooyeah who prolly couldnt stand me being around and id get knifed. so i guess il have to stay here and pay ludicrous sums for insurance
whereas in the U'S you got 19 year olds like a lot of the ppl on here with tuned up monsters. im gonna have to wait till im like 25 till i can have anything like what you lot have got. thats why theres a lot more ricers over here than there are in the U.S. ive been looking around and i cant find a single british street racing site. i guess thats also coause theres no suitable roads, no unused desert roads for racing, its all main roads or country lanes. britain sucks if you wanna be a street racer. matter of fact, britain sucks in everything. live in turkey when im older.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5