This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 9384

Pages in this thread: (1) 2  
Phatmatt

computer madness.   Posted Sun Apr 13, 03   9:45 PM     

ok my computer lost it's mind the other day and I've been forced to use the one at our local library... But it doesn't allow me to check some posts (including some of my own) because it's got some net nanny that keeps me out of swearing, sex, and voilence. So please forgive me if it is sometime before I can get back to talking to you guys, especially on the more "colorful" posts.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: computer madness.   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   6:44 PM     

if you can find a proxy server it'll let you get around the nanny deal... i always used to do that at high school...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:43 AM     

oh cool. im still at high school! but at th mo im banned from the computer rooms there:( you see, every person in school has their own user name and password. and i hapnd to find out my best mates password. so i went on his server thingy, and wrote stuff all over his work and rewrote his english essay, stuff like that. so he found out my password and did the same to me. this had been going on for a while when i got caught, accused of 'computer hacking and defilement of pupils work and property, and misuse of school property.' so im banned.
so i guess it dont really matter anyway.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
Phatmatt

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   10:53 AM     

...dude I don't even know what a proxy server is.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   12:00 PM     

lol...

i used to run one on my own server... but i dont have it anymore...

a proxy server is a server that you access through the internet (usually www.server.com/proxy/server.cgi) then usually the interface will tell you to type in whatever URL you want to access and hit "go" and it'll take you to that site and tell the web-block that you're still on the web-site that is hosting the proxy... and as long as the hosting proxy is not blocked, then yo ucan literally access any web-site you want

i just checked and all of the old proxy servers i know are not up anymore... proxy servers take up a LOT of bandwidth and they prolly decided they wanted the bandwidth for somethin else...

i would run one on my computer but it would never work through my 14.4kbps internet connexion...

i'd say do a search on google for "proxy server" (make sure to include the quotes) and see if you can't find any...

as for goped boy...

i used to do stuff like that to my friends and not-so friends, but i didnt just "find out" their password... if you dont want to get caught you have to create yourself a dummy account and then grant the dummy account administrator privileges... once you have admin privileges you can usually browse the entire network hardrive which means you can mess with ANYONES files in the SCHOOL.... and yes... that does include teachers... you can become real popular real fast when you have all of your teachers' midterms before he or she has even given them out.....

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
FwyWarriorAdministrator

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   12:25 PM     

I got kicked out of my school comp lab a bunch of times, but they never really could pin anything on me, lol. Like I used to get peoples passwords by making fake login screens that saved whatever they typed to a file... or making it play Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" whenever you'd go to the main menu. Of course that was back in the old MSDOS days so it was pretty easy. The best was installing a program called PCAnywhere (I think they make it for windows now) which would let me log in to the school network from my house in the middle of the night and wreak havok.
Too bad my school wasn't advanced enough to have term papers or grades or anything cool like that on the computer.

Phatmatt

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:40 PM     

A lot of that missed me...... but I'm going to re-read it four or five times and try to understand it. Hey Fwywarrior, good to see you back on here.

DieselGoPed

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   3:17 PM     

i also tried downloading @images' (heh heh) off the net, and changing them into desktops (on my mates file thingy) i couldnt put anything to lewd though beacause (damn i cant spell) i couldnt get past the cyper patrol thing we got.
thanks gorgoth, its a shame im banned, couldve had some fun with that

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
Gorgoth3k1

Re: computer madness.   Posted Fri Apr 25, 03   9:27 PM     

I never got caught doing anything, but I would advise the technology director (who was a family friend) on what to do to protect the network from other ppl like me altho i never openly admitted to them what all i did and they never found out i had an administration acc't... i was also kinda territorial and would make sure no one else could create a dummy acc't....

as for using keyloggers to find administration passwords... i've done that many times before... but once i told the administration how to keep ppl from doing that (re-image the hard-drive on EVERY boot) everyone stopped doin it...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: computer madness.   Posted Sat Apr 26, 03   1:30 AM     

re image? wassat? maybe itrs something we cant do on this comp, i mean, it is really crap, 300mhz pentium 2 which crashes every two hours.

A wheel is for ever. A car is infinity times four.
Drive it like you stole it!
Gorgoth3k1

Re: computer madness.   Posted Sat Apr 26, 03   12:59 PM     

well... an image is basically a "picture" of your hard drive... this re-imaging process takes the picture of the entire hard drive (which is an encrypted file stored on a network drive) and on boot it restores the entire hard drive to the state that the image was taken... of course they had to increase HD capacity for the network servers because no one could save anything on the local HD or it would be gone on next boot.... but the re-imaging takes care of keyloggers...

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
MrPeabody

Re: computer madness.   Posted Sat Apr 26, 03   2:09 PM     

Yup, simple yet effective

-Ben

DieselGoPed

Re: computer madness.   Posted Sat Apr 26, 03   3:02 PM     

so...at the end of the day, you re image the hard drive, and any 'key loggers' which had operated that day were all ot rid of. and i guess the key loggers couldnt be bothered to do this every single day, only to have their efforts abolished at the end of the day when the HD got re imaged? good idea. but, for example, if you un installed something, then when the HD was re imaged itd have to re-install it right? well, wouldnt it have to have all the install information right there? damn, i thought i knew about computers, but my my simple little mind is swamped.

Gorgoth3k1

Re: computer madness.   Posted Sat Apr 26, 03   7:46 PM     

you can't install your own programs or games on a HD that gets re-imaged every boot.... in order to install something and keep it installed you'd have to alter the encrypted image... or... you can (in theory, i never tried it) install a program onto your network drive, then write a script to make all the alterations to your windows registry and such so when you want to run the program, just run the script, it makes windows think the program has been installed all along... it'd just be way difficult to use a key logger on that set up... the way a key logger works is it logs EVERY key pressed by the keyboard and time-stamps all entries... now... if you wanted that to work you'd have to first get local access to the computer you want to log and install the key-logger... usually the logs these programs keep are picked up shortly after the user whose UID and PW you wanted is finished with the computer, but a lot of times the user will shut down their computer afterward, destroying the log files when the computer is re-booted... what you would have to do is set the key logger up to log all keys and then email them somewhere and you pick it up through email... but that can easily be stopped through an email filter that will only allow emails with certain codes attached to the email known as a PGP Signature....

-Gor

[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
DieselGoPed

Re: computer madness.   Posted Mon Apr 28, 03   8:27 AM     

yeah. sure. computers.

Pages in this thread: (1) 2