This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2980

storm

how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   2:33 PM     

im just wondering u think i should change the 250 6 cyl like what i got in my XD or how much u think i could get out of a 351c V8 stroked out to a 383c V8 with a 9 inch diff, im thinking of changing the engine in my XD, and things like that, what do u's think?

change the 250 over to the 351 or not worth it(plus stroke to 383)?

uglystick
Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   3:33 PM     

not worth it.

turbocharge the big six.

can you flip the exhaust manifold 180 degrees over and it'll still fit the flanges?

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   3:56 PM     

well you can get anywhere from 200 hp to 1000 hp just depends what you do to the engine

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
storm

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   8:01 PM     

not worth it, hmm, i was thinking that myself so i came on here to see if there were any replys, i will go out now and have a look if i could flip it over now, brb

storm

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   8:19 PM     

nah i don't think ya could, not with this car anyway from what i saw i don't think it would fit.
i want to try use little money as possible at 1st, then go onto bigger better things like a Twin turbo, most people would say single but i think i will go Twin, aswell with a twin throttle-body manifold(prob a good aftermarket one), should i go EFI?, coz some things work better with EFi then carb but i know that u can tune a carb to go faster and better.
i think i will keep the 3 speed auto till it blows up.....which won't be that far away, then when it go's maybe a supra 5 speed gearbox?.
im slowly putting things down on paper what i should do to it, i got a pretty big list already, lol

uglystick
Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   12:14 PM     

ok i'm going to make a few points now....you can choose whether to listen to me or not.

1. twin turbos are fucking stupid. and i own one. does that tell you anything? they don't work well, they overcomplicate an already complicated system and a single will hands down work better. listen to reason.

2. efi hands down. don't do carburetted. you have a lot of options with efi. i'd suggest this for starters: stock efi system, rising rate fuel pressure regulator. these regulators use two needle valves to change the full enrichment at full boost and to change the curve of enrichment. very sweet. cost about $200, but it's all you'll need to boost a stock engine in the fuel department (assuming your injectors are running at 70% or so duty cycle in the stock configuration)

3. you cannot tune a carb to go faster and better with a turbocharged application. not only that but intercooling is far more difficult in both blow through and draw through applications. hell, draw through it's impossible. you end up recondensing the fuel inside the intercooler.

4. assuming you have two exhaust manifolds, your best bet is to run each of the downpipes back up into a twin inlet single turbo.

now, if you have chosen to listen to me instead of just talking out your ass, answer these questions:

1. the intake on that car, is the throttle at the end of a log that feeds into the runners or in the middle?

2. is it carburetted now or fuel injected? you said fuel injected before but i saw no evidence of that? if it IS fuel injected, is it throttle body efi or multi-port?

3. how many exhaust manifolds do you have and what is their configuration? 6 into 1 log? 3 into 1 logs times two? six into two?

i'll gladly give you good advice on this project. advice that will lead to a very fast car. bottom line is this:

K.I.S.S: keep it simple, stupid.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   12:47 PM     

Hopefully he'll pull his head out of his ass and listen to you. I've been attempting to reason on AIM, but it gives me a headache...

-Ben

BlownGTP

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   1:25 PM     

twin turbos = major turbo lag and very tuff tuning. its more headache than its even worth. why do you think all the twin turbo supra guys switch to a single turbo? Thats also why all the real fast turbo guys run one turbo. The only good thing about twin turbos are that you feel cool when you say it! LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   4:27 PM     

twin turbos=no turbo lag. BUT twin turbos=huffed out at the top end. if you have a car whose powerband is 1500 to 4000, they'd kick ass.

it's just tuff tuning...you hit the nail on the head.

twin turbos and all that other shit you listed in the other post - the motec fuel management and the pistons and the rods, etc...lump em all together in your stack of wouldashouldacoulda beat off catalogs.

OR you can listen to me and do what I say and at least run 13's...on a reality based budget.

jason

uglystick
Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   4:27 PM     

twin turbos=no turbo lag. BUT twin turbos=huffed out at the top end. if you have a car whose powerband is 1500 to 4000, they'd kick ass.

it's just tuff tuning...you hit the nail on the head.

twin turbos and all that other shit you listed in the other post - the motec fuel management and the pistons and the rods, etc...lump em all together in your stack of wouldashouldacoulda beat off catalogs.

OR you can listen to me and do what I say and at least run 13's...on a reality based budget.

jason

storm

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 1, 03   11:59 PM     

i don't know alot about engines, so it's a little heard sometimes to understand what your talking about.
i never said it was EFI i said i want to get EFI on it, at the moment it is carb.
the list i put on the other post i've had for a while from whats worked on other peoples cars the best and i change things round depending on whats working best for other cars.
what turbo u think i should get?.
i don't have time right now to answer those ?'s but i will when i have time i g2g

Phatmatt

Re: how much hp u think i could get?   Posted Tue Apr 8, 03   1:52 PM     

dude we've been trying to explain things to you, uglystick especially. He's more or less given you step by step instructions. Before you even posted shit about you car, you were talking to me about it and I told you what I thought, but you had no information to give me.