This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 4249

Phatmatt

Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   4:44 PM     

ok so I'm sick off my ass watching a movie with my girlfriend and my phone rings?

"hello?"
"What are you doing?"
"Tap-dancing and singing... what do you think i'm doing? I'm sick."
"Check your e-mail."
"Why?"
"Just check it. I send you something i want to talkt to you about."

I get on to check my e-mail and he's sent me this letter saying how he doesn't want his Crown Victoria worked on now, but wants to go into drag-racing with me. He wants to me to go down with him and buy a 73 Duster (which he says is already one bad mofo) that a friend of a friend told him about.

I think my father is going through some midlife crisis. I ask him to e-mail me the specs on this. Here is what I get:

Moser built Dana60 w/spool/430 Progear, 35spline axles and Wilwood race disc brakes. PTC custom 8" race convertor. Art Morrison Ladderbar/coilover suspension. MW 3'chromoly shaft. Isky high endurance vsprings.

And the engine, you ask?

446ci w/BME aluminum rods, Ross pistons, 13:1cr, Indy 440-1 heads, 1.6" roller rockers, MP .590"cam, MSD 7al2, linelock, guages, built 727trans, more.

The thing is supposed to be sold online for about 18000, but I guess that my dad might get it for 12. The Car's supposed to be in great condition too, but it's in conneticut.

He's supposed to tell me where it is on the web so I can look at some photos of it. What do you guys all think?

MrPeabody

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   8:25 PM     

Dear sweet mosess that would kick ass And it'd be a way for you guys to hang out... wish my dad wanted to trick out cars with me...

-Ben

Satanismycopilot
Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   8:51 PM     

what he said

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   10:23 PM     

yeah i'd go for it, sounds alright

Gorgoth3k1

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:00 PM     

mid-life crisis or not, that'd be fuckin badass...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
uglystick
Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:33 PM     

isn't it comical...first my dad bought a holley commander 950 for his gt 40 kit car w/ 327 sbc.

then my best friend's dad bought a hurst olds and a '69 camaro within a month of each other and gave each of them to his two kids.

now your dad's goin apeshit mopar...

comical.

do it.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   12:32 AM     

Dusters = Da Uber Sexyness, and Mad ti4tn3SS

-Ben

hooyeah
Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   10:53 AM     

SWEET

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
storm

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   2:00 PM     

yeah and one day he might give it to u.....go for it

Phatmatt

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Tue Apr 8, 03   1:44 PM     

actually it is probably going to be a joint thing. Although he throws down far more coin than I would. There are actually a couple of other local cars that he was looking at too. A black 68 Charger R/T (my favorite muscle car EVER) that needs some SERIOUS electrical work, engine, interior, and new tires. But it's going for cheap and it's closer (ohio).

Later he tells me that he's been looking for a Chevelle SS for quite some time, but has had a hard time finding one.

My dad's a ford man but I guess that a BOSS stang or old GT just doesn't appeal to him (ok well that's probably not true, but I found it odd that he hasn't even mentioned getting a ford).... hell I'm not going to mind what he really wants to get I just want to drive it.

anyway here's the link to that duster if any of you guys wanted to see it: http://www.heminet.com/feature.asp?HeminetID=9141

The pictures won't load for me for some reason by my dad sent me photos of it through my e-mail.

Satanismycopilot
Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Tue Apr 8, 03   1:56 PM     

im a ford man too but i must say.....*drool*

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Tue Apr 8, 03   3:28 PM     

yeah why not matt? sounds like fun. would you guys run it in nhra? i'm contemplating getting my elco into nhra events...

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Tue Apr 8, 03   4:18 PM     

that is a fucking sweet duster go for it! unless you wanna get that charger which is also simply go for it! MOPOWER!

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Phatmatt

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   6:56 AM     

Yeah we probably would. He's gone nuts about cars lately. It looks like the duster is probably going to get picked up early this summer (The charger doesn't look as likey anymore... I'm sad but not too dissapointed). The guy said he'd hold it for us unless he found a really good offer. So it looks like the duster. I'm pretty excited about it and can wait to take that thing for a run.

Phatmatt

Re: Mid-Life Crisis?   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   6:58 AM     

I sent that post twice

Edited by Phatmatt (Thu Apr 17, 03   6:58 AM)