This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2289

uglystick
Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   12:20 PM     

This was a space saving idea more than anything. I have a number of surface mounted tools (Dollys, Anvils, Delrin Block Anvils, Vises, Grinding Wheels, etc) that take up surface space on my work benches. It is far too difficult to take them down every time i use them, so I decided to build a very sturdy stand to accomodate these devices when in use. That way I can relegate them to the cupboard when they're unused. All around, I save space. Oh, it was a good use for a set of Jaguar v12 cams as well...

[External Image Removed]

and the link:

[url=orionoutdoor.com/users/jason/web/turbobmw/tooling/toolstand/]http://orionoutdoor.com/users/jason/web/turbobmw/tooling/toolstand/[/url]

welding is a blast...can't wait to get home and do some more.

oh so i built this thing using 1 1/2" threaded black plumbing pipe. the interchangable tops are 1 1/2" couplers welded to either plate (for the larger items) or welded directly to the anvil/etc for the smaller items. the pipe is welded to a small plate hooked to the original crank pulley off my jag, that was threaded up through the hole on the dually rim, levelled and welded up. then the jag cams were welded on for a little extra strength. the main pipe is getting paint soon. cams will stay cast/polished on the lobes. and the rim is getting paint as well. should look nice when i'm done.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   12:59 PM     

my buddy was working on a chess board out of all old engine parts it was cool last i heard he was in the process of collecting the peices

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
sweetdevil
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   1:15 PM     

Jason, you have any Delrin sitting around? Wanna machine me some bushings?

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
uglystick
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   2:01 PM     

yeah get me some dimensions...i'll get back to you with prices. most likely material price only though. plus ship.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   2:16 PM     

lol, yea how about a smaller s/c pulley for me. lol

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   2:24 PM     

no can do dr. jones....my mill isn't cnc!!!

just out of curiosity, is it a gimler belt or grooved serpentine? got an old pulley to show me?

jason

BlownGTP

Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   3:36 PM     

its a grooved serpntine. i was just joking anyways. i can try to dig up my factory pulley but i think i might have tossed it out. no use for that piece of shit anymore.

whats a gimler belt? is that the type with the teeth in it that the top fuelers use?

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
uglystick
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   3:52 PM     

yep. gimler belt is the ones the top fuelers run.

please look for your pulley. if i couldmfg one for you that would kick ass. i'd love to try. youmight need to do some additional machine work to the interior of the pulley where it hooks to the blower nose.

seriously though, go check.

jason

storm

Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   5:03 PM     

oh yeah and what about a spare turbo for me, lol, j/k

sweetdevil
Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Mon Mar 31, 03   9:49 AM     

ok, well I just went ahead and bought Delrin bushings for the upper arms, but do you have a bender and everything there? I need a front bumper...

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
SweetNeon

Re: Good Use for Jag Camshafts: Tool Stand...   Posted Sat Apr 5, 03   10:27 PM     

man you would love to see the mail boxes/stands my family use to make when they owned a bunch of the junk yards down 48, they were bitchen you would see every thing in there from pistions to axels