This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 2327

storm

next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   8:08 PM     

i just finished talking to a guy i know that lives next door to me he's got a VH commodore if u know what that is, and he put a 5.0 litre V8 in his S/wagon as he has blow up 2, 3.3 litre 6 cyls, and a 4.2 litre V8 and he has wasted about 10 grand on the car rebuilding this engine plus all the others his had, and supra 5 speed (not yet blown), just re cond his 5 litre V8 a bigger cam, made it run on LPG only, re cond all the car nearly, new flywheel(not alloy for anything just a new stocky) and he said to me before he put it on the dyno this thing should have about 500 hp, in my head im thinking how does that work recond everything u plus 100 hp everytime u do it?, anyway i go over to his place today, to talk to him about my car coz i hav'nt talked to him about it yet i hav'nt had time but i went over today and i got on to the subject of engines coz he opened the engine bay, and i got this has changed alot since i last seen it(new POD air filter and things) and i go him mines just got a 4.1 litre in it, and he goes, oh yeah the 6 cyl and i go yeah it has 96kw with just under 300nm torque not knowing his put his on the dyno yet, and he goes u sure it could'nt pull out that much it's only a 6 cyl, i put mine on dyno and mines only got 124kw and mines a V8, (in my head im lol'ing at him) and i go yeah i emailed ford and they sent me the specs, and he was shocked after that, but i was'nt, lol, 124 kw, i did'nt think it would have 500 hp, with those things done to it anyway.
even tho about 25 kw don't sound much there is a big diff in power, i can't wait till i get mine on road i hav'nt even had a drive in it yet, been busy hav'nt got any fuel for it yet, coz mine is a sedan, and engine only is about 167kg, and his is a s/wagon(heavy), with V8(again heavy), i think with i few things here and there to mine it could beat his, maybe even now, coz really that 96kw of mine and just under 300 nm is stock but before i got it i think it has had KIS (KEEP IT SIMPLE) performance upgrades, but we will see after i get mine done with a few little mods here and there then i'll put it on the dyno see what it comes out as.
then i'll give him a drag no matter what it comes out as

hooyeah
Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   4:30 AM     

how many kilowats are in a dingbat?

ok but seriously how many hp is 124 kw?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
MrPeabody

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   8:20 AM     

That grammar hurts my head...

From what i understood it sounds cool. Oh, and that Supra 5 speed would be a non-Turbo naturally asperated model...

-Ben

storm

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   4:59 PM     

umm, hooyeah, im not to sure but it's not 500hp, lol, i think it's about 200 hp, but thats a guess, u would have to ask ugly or or someone that knows.
but i think 1 kw is 1.5 hp?, but im not to sure, anyone know?

MrPeabody

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   5:17 PM     

I beleive it's .9xxxxxxxxx something. Do a search on google

-Ben

storm

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   5:20 PM     

im to lazy i just got up not long ago

hooyeah
Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   6:10 PM     

www.onlineconversion.com now who wants to go punch in the numbers for me?

storm

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   6:43 PM     

so his car is 166 hp(124kw) mine is 128 hp (96kw), not that much diff in power considering his got a V8 and i got a 4.1 6 cyl and thats just stock specs of mine i don't know about now i might be more which i think it is, so mine would'nt be far if not matched

hooyeah
Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   7:22 PM     

god damn i'm lazy oh well

storm

Re: next doors 500hp VH, lol   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   9:45 PM     

me 2 but i still did it :P