This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 1758

Metal396
Just about done   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   11:02 PM     

I havent been here in a while, just thought id stop by and let you all know ive just about got all the kinks outa my motor. Its running VERY strong now. I only have a tiny bit of stumbling above 4300 rpm. I still need more recent pics of the motor but i have plenty new exterior and interior ill show you all later.

I ran a 7.4 second 0-60mph time with my 3 speed auto, 2.75 open rear end , shifting at 4300 rpm. my car also weighs 3500 pounds. i think thats pretty darn good heheheh.

In case you dont remember, when i first bought the car the 0-60 time was about 12 or 13 seconds, with the 2 barrel, stock manifolds , etc. I am hopefully into the 14 second range in the 1/4 mile. But its still a work in progress.

Next up, 3.55 gears, and a posi unit. Then 2500 stall convertor. Ive been making TONS of progress on my car lately, and its hard to keep on these forums now. Well take it easy, late.

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Just about done   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   9:28 AM     

Sweet dude,
Keep up the work and I might let you race the Z one of these days.

-Ben

JcAus
Re: Just about done   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   1:45 PM     

Speaking of Z's Ben at Uni yesterday there was a shmick looking 240z in the car park

Right up your alley

Jc

----------------
Check it out it's like this....
If I lose, winner takes my happy meal.
But if I win, I take the burger AND the TOY!
To some people thats more important.
MrPeabody

Re: Just about done   Posted Thu Mar 27, 03   2:09 PM     

Hell yeah man, right on

-Ben

Metal396
Re: Just about done   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   11:10 AM     

http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc/mustangburnout1.mpg Heres another new vid... Nice burnout. Too bad it doesnt have sound cause i was running open headers at the time [External Image Removed]http://www.geocities.com/spddemontc/Main

----------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
MrPeabody

Re: Just about done   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   1:18 PM     

Pretty kew

-Ben