This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 24104

Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5  
BlownGTP

whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   12:49 PM     

or even with your car?

mine was stupid and weak but it was funny at the time. i was going down my road just after it snowed and i was trying to look cool. i was kicking the ass end out from side to side and i spun out into a big ass snow drift and barried the car. when i pulled it out, the front bumper cover was hanging off the car. it sucked and i looked like an idiot to all my neighbors who were shovleing.

anybody have any good ones? dont worry, it wont hurt your ego too much.

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
sweetdevil
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   1:58 PM     

Ok, here's my story... this is when I had the nissan.
We were leaving Ian's house and going to DOT's and we were all piling in the Nissan, In the back seat, I had 5 people, and two in the front (DOT was one, and at 6'1, he's no little guy) on top of that, Slosh was in my trunk.
So we're cruising to DOT's and a country song comes on the radio that I llike. I turn it up, and Slosh (in the trunk) HATES country, so he pushes aside the bottles and cases of alcohol and fins the speaker wire, and yanks it out. I get pissed, and think I'll be funny and swerve side to side. Not accounting for the extra 1000 pounds of wieght in my car, I went sideways... so here we all are, drunk and no seatbelts at 70 mph swerving side to side on Hovely... I thought for sure we were gonna roll. I pulled out of it and drove to Trever's house... we all rode there in silence. We opened the trunk and Slosh get's out and says "That was cool man!" Everyone just looked at him like he was crazy and Shane looked at me, white as a ghost and said "Don't EVER do that again..."
It was funny
Good time

Sweet Devil Clothing
Ride Like HELL!
uglystick
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   3:14 PM     

when i first got my 530i i wanted desperately to have the opportunity to do something like autocross. unfortunately i had never heard of auto-x, so i drove down a cul-de-sac at about 35mph and tried to turn at the end. car spun a 180 and stopped. i about shit myself. i had no control of the car really and it seriously freaked me out. it was probably the reason why i didn't get into a wreck until 2002 (got my license in 1994).

other than that i've run over spare tires at speed on the freeway, done a burnout all the way down the quarter mile (ass end flying back and forth), i've got a geo prizm onto three wheels about 40 times in hard braking prior to a corner, blown up four full floating rear axles in three years, oh i could go on and on.

i'm hard on cars...

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
BlownGTP

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   3:26 PM     

lol, jason has tons!

sweet devil, i can just imagine the silence in the car after you did that. LOL

ILL BE WAITING AT THE NEXT LIGHT!
MrPeabody

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   3:38 PM     

I did a burnout in my civ in front of a cop after a night class, didn't see him... he flipped on his light and I thought I was done for, ended up going to some drug bust in town instead... shweeeeeew!
Anothe time I was following my bud's rex on the freeway and I got caught back, so I dropped it into 3rd and did a little cutting in at out of traffic, turns out a cop was behind me the whole time and I bout shit my pants, he pulled next to me, gave me a look, and the floored it and took off... another close one

-Ben

uglystick
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car? *DELETED* *DELETED*   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   4:27 PM     

Post deleted by uglystick

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   4:34 PM     

Ouch! Good one

-Ben

uglystick
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   4:35 PM     

my best friend, kevin, used to have a tunnel ram dual quad 350 powered '76 el camino in high school. he grew up in michigan and used to have contests with a friend in a trans am to see who could do a series of donuts into a snow bank and bury the car the most. he literally buried the entire car except the front grill once.

another time, another friend of his had a '70's chevy pickemup with a 454. a mustang was tailing them down a residential downhill incline. his buddy cut the engine out and kept the manual in gear, filling the exhaust with gas/fumes via the mechanical drive fuel pump. they fired it back up and literally shot the entire twin pipe exhuast system out the back and onto the hood of the mustang. on fire. whoops...they just meant to shoot fire at the poor lil pony.

needless to say they promptly hit the gas and took off, open headers screaming through the neighborhood.

he also had a 454 short block in the back of a different pickemup once driving down main street in his town. a ford pulled up and started talking shit to he and his friend in the chevy. well, the chevy had one of those haunted sb's in it that for some reason is insane even though there's realy nothing you can put your finger on to explain why....kid put the truck in 4wheel high and did a four wheel burnout halfway down the main drag dropping the shortblock out of the bed and onto the street about halfway through the burnout.

ever lifted a big block?

and finally, ok just one more...another of kevin's hillarous michigan stories...they had a neighbor who was a busch series nascar driver. they used to steal his used tires from his sideyard (learning far down the line that he would have given them away if asked, they were trash to him). well, nascar tires are pretty nuts. they are slippery as hell then they hook up like nothing else. one of the friends in their crew put a set on and did a one tire fire burnout while on the woodward cruise and sheared all of the lugnuts off of one axle shaft leaving a rear corner sitting on the ground. these tires would stick so good that they would literally break shit left and right like that. especially if you did a burnout to heat them up...it was like a light switch of stick-um...

lol,

jason

Phatmatt

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   7:01 PM     

jeeze man, enough stories? ok mine are short and sweet.

1. I crashed the van trying to take a sharp turn (IN A VAN) at about 50mph... however this caused me to work on the van and helped it to become what it is today.

2. I took my best friend and we bought one of our buddies busted ass Cosica for 80 bucks. parted out anything useful but left it running. We put on some crash helmets and had a ball wrecking it on the streets. However the final blow left me with a hurt wrist, and brian crippled for life.............. ok well maybe just a few bruses.... BUT HE COULD HAVE BEEN CRIPPLED FOR LIFE.

3. Purposely told someone to run (AND HELPED INSTALL) a 200 shot of Nitrous into their stock honda civic because I hated them and they were the biggest most spoiled dickhead ever. Brian has a VHS tape of the outcome.

*please note that this doesn't include any of the times I've been dragged behind automobiles while riding various bikes, scooters, sleds, or planks of wood. Ah the good old days before impersonating Jackass was trendy.

LS4_454
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Tue Mar 25, 03   8:25 PM     

For those from the valley, one night me and a buddy were out in my dads 500 cid '76 4 door Cadillac going down what used to be Ave 44 (now Fred Waring) and we come up on a friend from school but he doesn't know its us. As we are heading towards the wash just past Cook street (wash-natural drainage ditch for floods in the desert) we decide it would be fun to blow past him making the 500 cid roar for all its worth. The road going through this particular wash is about 1/8 mile long and we "felt" that we hadn't seen any cars going down into it as we approached, hmmm. We couldn't see any glow from headlights of an ONCOMING car and felt now was the time to seize the moment and scare the shit out of him, well just as we passed him we found out there WAS a car coming and at about 70 mph had to swerve to avoid it. Ever see a old Caddy begin to fish tail then loop around? Somehow I managed to keep control of it and put it into a nice gentle slide and we ended up facing my friend, so now we panic floor it again and do a John Force burnout leaving the scene. Of course we duck down so our friend wont see us as we go by him, as if he hasn't identified the car already. Ya, we did scare the shit out of him and us at the same time, saw my whole life flash in front of me along with a vision of what the caddy should have looked like after hitting the oncoming car. Dumb,dumb,dumb

hooyeah
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   5:34 AM     

offramp sideways rain, driving with my brother....well that one sums up pretty much every encounter just driving with him

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Satanismycopilot
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Wed Mar 26, 03   7:41 AM     

i had a 87 chevy s10 blazer 2.8v6 4x4....i rolled it UP a hill...yould have to live in my town for my explaination to make any sense

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   9:51 PM     

Hrrrrmmmm... dumbest thig i've ever done in my car... well... one thing that i'm not so sure was stupid but LOTS of fun... I was borrowing my dad's truck 'cuz i needed to haul some shit from a friend of mines house... this truck is a little 93 Dodge Dakota with a single bench seat... my dad and i worked on makin this truck fast as hell... and for the weight of this truck, it worked... heh... but anywayz... We could only fit 2 people inside the cab of the truck and i needed to transport 5 people... so we put 2 people inside the truck and the other three in the bed... Well I was driving through my friend's neighborhood (where I had never been before)... so Book (dude telling me where to go inside the truck with me) told me to take a turn and head down this long, straight road... so i'm on this road and i decide to punch it and go kinda fast... all of a sudden a "dip" sign comes up so i slow down and go over a small dip... Book tells me to punch it, so I did... needless to say, after the little dip there is a HUGE dip... i punched it... the truck took off like a bat outta hell... i hit the BIG dip... sent the truck airborne and all 3 guys in the bed of the truck flying outside the bed... one of the guys remained in the bed when the truck hit the ground again... the guy that remained only stayed in because when he went airborne he grabbed and held on to the tool box... the other 2 guys went flyin out the back and landed somewhere in the grass next to the road... i pulled over and stopped the truck and saw the 2 guys limping over to me and climbed in the bed... Of course i was too busy laughing my ASS off to really check if they were injured or not... and later all 3 of them said it was the baddes ass thing in the world... Book thought it was funny as hell 'cuz he didnt expect me to actually punch it when he told me to... Truck had no damage and my dad never found out... LOL...

I've also done my fair share of holding onto bumpers of vehicles while standing on a skateboard or wearing roller blades... not a very smart thing to do... very painful...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
storm

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   9:56 PM     

lol, i wish i was there to see that one, but not in the bed tho, lol, should do it again but with a video camera, lol

Gorgoth3k1

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   10:14 PM     

LOL... they actually tried to get me to do it again but i figured my luck was good the first time and i didnt want to press it and fuck somethin up... LOL...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
Pages in this thread: (1) 2 3 4 5