This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 24104

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5  
GotRiceBitch

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   10:41 PM     

I bottomed out the front end of my cavvy when I hit a speed dip at Hovley & Cook street in Palm Desert, wasn't familiar w/ driving in the area and didn't know about the dip. It was night time and you know how that road is all dark.. well I hit it at 45 and managed to fuck up the alignment. LOL.. oops.

Hey, ever been in a sideways slide in a 17-foot u-haul truck on 6 inches of ice with a car on a tow dolly behind it? No fun. 'Specially when the car gets nailed by the driver doing 360's behind you.

---------------------------------------
Come away O human child
To the waters and the wild
With a faery hand in hand,
For the world's more full of weeping
Than you can understand
MrPeabody

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   10:43 PM     

LOL. But it makes for a great cinematic experience

-Ben

GotRiceBitch

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   10:50 PM     

Oh it was so bad - we were fine til we hit the MT border - had put down 1,000 miles out of 1200.. got up to the border and we ran into a blizzard. It took us 8 hours to 200 miles because we could only do 25 or the van would start sliding. Well 45 miles from town in this little tiny podunk shithole town called Drummond a trucker went flying by on the left and kicked up snow.. blinded the driver behind me. He hit his brakes and spun out and tagged my car. Looked in the rearview and there were about 10 cars behind spinning out. All but 3 of us took off - we waited for montana highway patrol and gave a statement, but the guy who hit me took off. Luckily insurance covered the damages, but I was out of a car for over 2 weeks. Looks brand new now though...

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
Gorgoth3k1

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Fri Mar 28, 03   10:50 PM     

LOL... man.. that actually does sound fun... as long as the car in tow isn't yours... ... LOL

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
hooyeah
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   10:08 AM     

well it wasn't with a car but on my bike (pedal bike WEEE) i was riding around and there was this series of bigg hills well it was on the side of a busy highway and i passed my brother (he was doing 70 and i flew by so i was around 85 most likely) well a truck passed me and pushed me onto the loose gravel shoulder of the road ever power slid a bike sideways downhill at 85 kmph?

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
Gorgoth3k1

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:30 AM     

holy shit that sounds painful... but also fun as all hell... hehe...

-Gor

-------------------------------------------------------------
[External Image Removed]
Caddy 500ci. Fiero
LethalToy

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   7:28 PM     

my worst was on my sled.
BRAND NEW Summit (went from dealership to gravel pit near the Aunts house)I was putting her through her paces. Ran up to about 80mph but it was slightly snowing and a little difficult to see so I let off the throttle and slowed down to 60mph until the ground opened up beneath me. Fell into a 20' deep pit, crashing the sled ($3200 damage), landing on my head and wrist. Cracked my NEW $425 helmet (but saved my life most likely) through the jaw and up over the forehead, don't know where the (heated) visor ever ended up, stage 2 concussion, internal bleeding, dislocated my wrist in 3 places and other misc. bumps and bruises. Tore off the windshield, crushed the hood, twisted one ski, cracked the tunnel and caved in the belly pan. Two guys that were riding in the area found me and said they were yelling down into the pit for almost 20 minutes before I came to and responded. They thought I was dead for a while. They dropped down a tow rope which i hooked through the one undamaged ski and they daisy chained their sleds to pull mine out and then tied the strap around my waist to pull me out.

Sooooo............ I have a BRAND NEW Summit X High Mark sitting in storage almost completely fixed and just about paid off with only 3km's on it and 20minutes of run time for the last 2 years.

Offers $$$???

j/k I am gonna ride that bitch in the mountains this year even if it kills me.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
BlackCruiser
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   8:42 PM     

The dumbest thing I ever did with (to) my car was waste my time trying to race a stupid slow Honda. Which one you ask? I say, does it matter?

"You don't like it?"
"Naw, I don't like it."
MrPeabody

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   9:13 PM     

Gee, that's original... I know many Hondas that would hand your ass ten times from tuesday.

-Ben

GotRiceBitch

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   9:42 PM     

OOooooh! That sounds like a challenge. Do they run faster than 13s? :P

Come away O human child
Than you can understand
storm

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   10:13 PM     

i drag anyone when the lights turn green i don't care what it is

120mphbuick
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:42 PM     

racing down brotzman Rd. in a mercury sable w/ mustang v6 conversion/ blew the stock v6 swevred to miss oncoming suv spun 360 and fliped the bitch twice totaled the car. which left me w/ broken colar bone, 3 broke ribs on each side , concusion , and a fear of driving any car at all even to back it up took me 7 months to fully recover. still cant drive down the road i wrecked on.

uglystick
Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Mar 29, 03   11:58 PM     

whoah...

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
MrPeabody

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sun Mar 30, 03   12:26 AM     

I could run 13's in a honda with 1500 in mods and some slicks... no juice to If it weren't for the CA smogg regulations you would see allot more faster imports... We do what we can with what we're given.

-Ben

SweetNeon

Re: whats the dumbest thing you did to your car?   Posted Sat Apr 5, 03   10:49 PM     

well you realy narrowed it down when you say did TO your car cuz shit if you said whats the dumbest thing you did in your car i would have some storys to tell but as far as doing to my car the worst thing would be what i did to the neon, auto-x in a neighbor hood at midnight through some turns useing the nitrous and the fucker in the back seat pulled the e break in the turn so i lose control and fly right in to a faking curb, bending 2 struts broke a arm, fucked up a wheel, the cv joint pushed it self in to the trans and cracked the caseing, i broke the oil pan, bent the fuck out of the subfame and faking cryed for about 2 min, any one hear about the doenuts in the park on the night before christmas at 2 in the morning open headers for about 5 min lol

Pages in this thread: 1 (2) 3 4 5