This forum has been archived. You will not be able to log in, register, or post.

Main >> General Forum Thread views: 20608

Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5  
DieselGoPed

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   9:36 AM     

fair 'nuff. found this site, its about the local 'cruisers' (ricers) thought itd give you a bit of a laff. i know its bad to laugh at other peoples misfortune but check it out. www.cruisewales.com/gallery/featurecars/tomvtr/tomvtr.htm also take a look at http://www.cruisewales.com/gallery/yourcars/ff2/images/ff3_jpg.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
A car is infinity times four.
hooyeah
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   10:41 AM     

austin tvr lotus jaguar fiat

what if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
uglystick
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   2:18 PM     

ooouuuuuuuuuchhhhhh...

aston martin; tvr; lotus; jaguar; trabant

lol

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.6L Straight Six; Garrett GT35 Ball Bearing Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
DieselGoPed

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   2:37 PM     

Fiat? Come ON! You can not seriously mistake the French for the British! It is nigh on impossible! erm, what other makes are there? rover, triumph. damn, you lot know more than me, and im a brit. ah well

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A wheel is for ever.
uglystick
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   2:42 PM     

and you just put your foot in your mouth. fiat's are italian.

additionally, chad - check this shit out!! i just met a guy who has a 912 that has had some form of 6 cylinder corvair drivetrain since '67. fucker scoots. and this motor has a mild build. he told me about one he had in the early 70's that put out nearly 400 horse.

jason
and trabants are from the czech republic. aircooled v8's i think...or that may be the tatra...i get my east bloc rigs confused.

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
hooyeah
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   4:31 PM     

was mg made by triumph or is it it's own company?

LS4_454
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   6:51 PM     

British car trvia question: " How much oil does a British car leak in one day?"

hooyeah
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   8:09 PM     

that answer varies how much does it hold?

Stryker
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   8:44 PM     

All of it?

~~~::<Curtis Stryker>::~~~
They say a smile is a gift which is free to the giver and precious to the recipient. But giving the finger is free too, and I find it more personal and sincere.
LethalToy

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Wed Apr 16, 03   10:03 PM     

when i fire up the freak most vehicles leak fluids. women too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal.
DieselGoPed

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   2:58 AM     

french, italian, all the same to me. brit cars leak oil depending on the blu-tack : hole ratio. the more blu-tack you have, the less it leaks.

A wheel is for ever.
LS4_454
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Thu Apr 17, 03   7:36 PM     

Good point Hooyeah, guess I'll have to go with Strykers answer, pretty much covers it.

DieselGoPed

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Fri Apr 18, 03   1:39 AM     

brit cars leak, american cars dont, but you still got 3mpg. so i guess were even.

A wheel is for ever.
MrPeabody

Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Sun Apr 20, 03   7:07 PM     

So that leaves German and Jap cars for the smart people

-Ben

uglystick
Re: chad's weekly triva question   Posted Mon Apr 21, 03   10:06 AM     

mg stands for morris garages. it has been owned in the past by british leyland, bmw, and now who knows...

triumph was in cahoots with saab back in the day. the old 'b' motor that was in the saab 99's is the same as a triumph tr-4 engine i believe.

triumph had nothing to do with mg. they made airplanes and motorcycles as well as autos.

however, it would not surprise me if triumph was once owned by british leyland at the same time mg was.

jason

Project Junkyard Turbohund - '75 BMW 3.0 CS; M30 3.4L Straight Six; Turbonetics T3/T04E Hybrid Turbo, Custom Intake w/ Integrated Water to Air Intercooler; Haltech E6K; EBC
Pages in this thread: 1 2 3 (4) 5